In the morning
19 (82.6%)
At night
4 (17.4%)
I'm a stinky bastard who never showers
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

280Z Turbo

I've been debating over whether I should shower in the morning. My morning commute is long and I have to be at work at 6:30, but I've always showered in the morning. I like the refreshing feel of a shower in the morning and I don't like going to bed with a wet head.

However, showering the night before would reduce the morning time crunch and allow me to get a few more :zzz: .

CALL_911

I shower in the morning and at night.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

When I'm on the road and I can't get a real shower, I shower with baby wipes. Mmm... smells like baby.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 18, 2012, 06:01:11 PM
When I'm on the road and I can't get a real shower, I shower with baby wipes. Mmm... smells like baby.

So you smell like you shit yourself?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 18, 2012, 06:04:37 PM
So you smell like you shit yourself?

It doesn't matter. Nobody else in the truck.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 18, 2012, 06:14:58 PM
It doesn't matter. Nobody else in the truck.

What about whores and hitchhikers?

Lebowski

Why is there only once choice?

Every morning, after every workout, and sometimes at night either before going out or before bed.

When I read the thread title, I thought the poll would be hot or cold.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Lebowski on January 18, 2012, 06:24:29 PM
Why is there only once choice?

Every morning, after every workout, and sometimes at night either before going out or before bed.

When I read the thread title, I thought the poll would be hot or cold.

Because I am the arbiter and I shower once daily.

CALL_911

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 18, 2012, 06:03:13 PM
Why?

There's something I don't like about getting into bed with the filth I've been exposed to all day. At the same time, I don't like the idea of going through a whole day without having showered after a period of ~5 hours in a bed.

That, and I like showers. They're relaxing. The upside to this is that I've never been told I smell bad in my life.

Even my brushing routine is a bit intense. I floss, then brush, then scrape my tongue, and then gargle with hydrogen peroxide. I do this twice a day, everyday.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

280Z Turbo

Ingesting hydrogen peroxide seems dangerous.

I'm not a sweaty person, so I need only shower once.

Lebowski

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 18, 2012, 06:37:14 PM
Ingesting hydrogen peroxide seems dangerous.

I'm not a sweaty person, so I need only shower once.

Do you ever exercise?

Unless you have some kind of outdoor or super casual type job, I don't see how you could possibly NOT shower in the morning.  And I usually like to shower before bed as well, if I haven't already had a post workout shower.  Sometimes I do all three.

Cookie Monster

I shower in the middle of the day. That way, I can roll out of bed and into class in the morning, and then work out after class. Then I'll shower, go to my other classes or be fresh to go out in the evening.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

dazzleman

On the weekdays, I shower in the morning.

Weekends are more variable.  I love to take a shower at night on a day when I know I'm not working the next day, so sometimes I do that on the weekends.  I also shower after I work out at the gym, so if I'm going to the gym on a weekend morning, I don't bother with a shower until I get home.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Laconian

I skip my morning shower if I'm going to be swimming in the evening.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Depends on the season.

In the summers I shower in the morning and at night and sometimes in-between.

During the colder months I don't sweat so I tend to shower at night before going to bed.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

The Pirate

I shower probably 4 or 5 times per week.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: The Pirate on January 18, 2012, 07:08:06 PM

No doubt you are saving money on the water bill and soap so you can fix the Audi.

hotrodalex

Rich

In the morning. I try to shower at night too but I'm lazy half of the time
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

hounddog

I shower at least in the morning.

If we are going out later, or I have been outside doing almost anything I jump in again.

And, why is this in head-to-head?   :huh:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

The Pirate

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 18, 2012, 07:14:21 PM
No doubt you are saving money on the water bill and soap so you can fix the Audi.

It dries out my skin something fierce.  I certainly shower when I'm dirty or did physical activity, but this time of year, that's not every day.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

cawimmer430

By the way...

Who else clicked on this thread expecting it to be about showers in prison?  :thumbsup:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

Just you, Wimmer.

I shower in the morning, and often shower in the evening too depending on what I've done during the day. After a workout, shower. After doing something grimy outside, shower.

I'd say I average 10 showers a week.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 93JC on January 18, 2012, 07:34:11 PM
Just you, Wimmer.

Well in my defense I just saw an episode of Law & Order SVU:thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Quote from: The Pirate on January 18, 2012, 07:18:42 PM
It dries out my skin something fierce.  I certainly shower when I'm dirty or did physical activity, but this time of year, that's not every day.
In my older age I have started having the dry skin trouble as well.

I use the Nivea "energy" in the morning and Dove for men in the afternoon/evening.  They both help, but the Dove for men really works well for keeping your skin moisturized without having to result in greasy cream moisturizer.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Raza

Night showers suck ass.  You're hot from the shower when you try to go to bed, you have wet hair and a then a wet pillow, and when you wake up in the morning, you still are fairly dirty since you may have sweat during the night...and your hair is all fucked up.

Morning showers wake you up, open up your eyes, and allow you a few minutes to think about the day ahead of you. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on January 18, 2012, 07:08:06 PM

Wow.  There was a time when I would shower three times a day.  Pre-workout, post-workout, post-night-workout.  I was unemployed. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on January 18, 2012, 07:40:18 PM
Night showers suck ass.  You're hot from the shower when you try to go to bed, you have wet hair and a then a wet pillow, and when you wake up in the morning, you still are fairly dirty since you may have sweat during the night...and your hair is all fucked up.

Morning showers wake you up, open up your eyes, and allow you a few minutes to think about the day ahead of you. 

Exactly.

And if the house is a little cold, a hot shower is a nice way to warm up in the morning after getting out of the nice warm bed.

MX793

I don't like going to bed with the sweat and grime of the day still on me, so I shower at night.  Also lets me sleep in a little longer in the morning.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5