19 (82.6%)
At night
4 (17.4%)
I'm a stinky bastard who never showers
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Rupert

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 18, 2012, 07:26:52 PM
Who else clicked on this thread expecting it to be about showers in prison?  :thumbsup:

Someone should sig this.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hounddog

Quote from: Raza  on January 18, 2012, 07:40:18 PM
Night showers suck ass.  You're hot from the shower when you try to go to bed, you have wet hair and a then a wet pillow, and when you wake up in the morning, you still are fairly dirty since you may have sweat during the night...and your hair is all fucked up.

Morning showers wake you up, open up your eyes, and allow you a few minutes to think about the day ahead of you. 
Hair gel, my man, hair gel.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Raza

Quote from: hounddog on January 18, 2012, 07:52:51 PM
Hair gel, my man, hair gel.

Yeah, but even that can only do so much.  Let's put it this way.  I wake up every morning with a mohawk and go to work with a side-part.  Hair gel can't combat with a night of sleeping on the hair without some shampoo (and conditioner) to reset it.  My hair, anyway. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cookie Monster

For all those saying that night showers will cause you to be dirty in the morning, at least your bed sheets will be cleaner from not having an entire day's worth of dirt and grime on it.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quote from: thecarnut on January 18, 2012, 07:55:21 PM
For all those saying that night showers will cause you to be dirty in the morning, at least your bed sheets will be cleaner from not having an entire day's worth of dirt and grime on it.

Right.  Wash your sheets slightly more often or be dirty all day, everyday.  Hmm...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on January 18, 2012, 07:56:09 PM
Right.  Wash your sheets slightly more often or be dirty all day, everyday.  Hmm...

Assuming you put gel in your hair and you don't shower before you go to bed, you roll around on a pillow, smear gel from your hair onto your pillow and then have that smear all over your face for 8 hours.  Sounds like a recipe for complexion issues to me.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Onslaught

Both for me. I not really awake until I've had my shower in the AM. And it takes care of my bed hair.
And I think with my job it's kind of clear why I'd take one when I get home too.

Northlands

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26523.msg1652803#msg1652803 date=1326940818
Night showers suck ass.  You're hot from the shower when you try to go to bed, you have wet hair and a then a wet pillow, and when you wake up in the morning, you still are fairly dirty since you may have sweat during the night...and your hair is all fucked up.

Morning showers wake you up, open up your eyes, and allow you a few minutes to think about the day ahead of you. 

:hesaid:

Do it in the morning.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

omicron

I simply would not leave the house in the morning if I hadn't showered. In the warmer weather I'd probably have one when I got home from work, too, between changing out of sweaty work clothes and into more comfortable home attire.

Byteme

About a 20 minute shower in the morning.

About 45 minutes in a tub of hot water before I go to bed.  I do a lot of reading in the tub.

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on January 18, 2012, 08:00:57 PM
Assuming you put gel in your hair and you don't shower before you go to bed, you roll around on a pillow, smear gel from your hair onto your pillow and then have that smear all over your face for 8 hours.  Sounds like a recipe for complexion issues to me.

I use a very light paste and my face never touches the pillow.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Byteme

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26523.msg1653057#msg1653057 date=1326981010
I use a very light paste and my face never touches the pillow.

I can't stand to have anything like a gel, wax, spray, oil, grease, etc in my hair.   That kind of stuff is for the fairer sex. 

Raza

Quote from: MiataJohn on January 19, 2012, 07:47:50 AM
I can't stand to have anything like a gel, wax, spray, oil, grease, etc in my hair.   That kind of stuff is for the fairer sex. 

Or men whose hair is straight, not buzzcut, and not very long. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

I shower mainly at night, because in the morning the demand is so high the hot water is unreliable. Also wifey likes to shower at night in the winter so she can let her hair dry overnight instead of freezing the next day

When it gets warm I shower twice a day, usually. It's just too fucking hot

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2012, 08:23:36 AM
Or men whose hair is straight, not buzzcut, and not very long. 

That would be me.  I didn't use to use product often, but now I do every day.  Trying to work on personal grooming lately.

68_427

On school days I shower when I wake up, before work, and after work.

3 times a day.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

S204STi

After any major exercise, and always before work.  Since most work shifts start in the morning, usually morning is therefore when I shower.

Tave

My primary shower is usually in the morning, and then I'll sometimes shower in the afternoon/evening too depending on need (workout, dirty job, going out). Sometimes when I'm traveling and have to wake up really early, I'll shower in the evening and skip the morning shower.

Right now I have a pretty lax schedule with a ton of work to do on my own time, so often I'll stay at home to work in the morning and hold off on the shower till later in the day. That's not a preference though, it's just due to my circumstances.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

giant_mtb

Morning for sure.  It's a great way to wake up but still feel warm and comfortable.  And my hair is too unmanageable to shower the night before and then sleep on it.  And I look ridiculous in hats, so that's a no-go.

SVT_Power

I was always a night shower guy. Then I realized I might as well as shower in the morning since it took a while to wash my hair in the morning when I started letting my hair get longer. Now that's stuck with me.

But I shower after working out though.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Mustangfan2003

I like to shower in the morning because it makes my beautiful hair feel better. 

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on January 20, 2012, 02:31:29 PM
I was always a night shower guy. Then I realized I might as well as shower in the morning since it took a while to wash my hair in the morning when I started letting my hair get longer. Now that's stuck with me.

But I shower after working out though.

Based on the way you looked, I didn't think you showered at all..... :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!