New Car Thread

Started by WookieOnRitalin, February 03, 2012, 07:19:23 PM

Laconian

Kizashi!

Gezundheit!

You're always the one suggesting them to other people
, seems fitting that you buy one. I'll be very curious to see how it goes for you.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on February 17, 2012, 03:07:24 PM
Well, its done.

Put my deposit down on a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS with 18k miles for a OTD price of 16.5k. Loaded with everything except Leather and Nav. The final price is 3k less than KBB. A great deal I'd say. Unfortunately, I have to fly out to Cleveland to go get it which will be next weekend.

Here she is. http://tinyurl.com/7rekhng

Congrats! Enjoy it, and enjoy not having to worry about repair costs for the next five years or so.

Vinsanity

Good luck with the purchase. I'm guessing the deal was done via email/phone?

TurboDan

The best car anyone will ever buy is the one they buy after having owned a Saab - it'll feel like the most reliable piece of machinery ever built by mankind.  :lol: :devil:

All jokes aside, I always liked the Kizashi. You really get a lot for the money, and it looks sharper than the Mazda3 or Jetta IMO.

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 17, 2012, 04:44:12 PM
Good luck with the purchase. I'm guessing the deal was done via email/phone?

Over the phone.

Quote from: TurboDan on February 17, 2012, 06:18:23 PM
The best car anyone will ever buy is the one they buy after having owned a Saab - it'll feel like the most reliable piece of machinery ever built by mankind.  :lol: :devil:

All jokes aside, I always liked the Kizashi. You really get a lot for the money, and it looks sharper than the Mazda3 or Jetta IMO.

The 9-3 is a great drive and I hate to say that it's not, but I cannot take a chance on something else going bad with it. When their working, Saabs are awesome. Problem is, they just have nagging problems and its why they went belly up.

On the plus side, I now have the car I wish I could have bought last year. So, it all ended well.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

2o6

You got it from Ganley? Don't let them upsell you into anything. That dealer has a local reputation for being rather pushy (moreso than others).

Nice car, though. Always liked the Kizashi.

68_427

You gunna miss the leather?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: 68_427 on February 17, 2012, 10:58:02 PM
You gunna miss the leather?

Maybe. The last car I drove that didn't have leather was a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager (with wood side panelling). Every car I've ever driven since has had leather. But the cloth seats in the Kizashi are very comfy with power controls for everything.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

2o6

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on February 17, 2012, 11:02:51 PM
Maybe. The last car I drove that didn't have leather was a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager (with wood side panelling). Every car I've ever driven since has had leather. But the cloth seats in the Kizashi are very comfy with power controls for everything.

I don't like leather, it always seems to get hot on long car trips.

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: 2o6 on February 17, 2012, 10:35:16 PM
You got it from Ganley? Don't let them upsell you into anything. That dealer has a local reputation for being rather pushy (moreso than others).

Nice car, though. Always liked the Kizashi.

What's to upsell? The car only has 18k on it.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

2o6

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on February 17, 2012, 11:04:41 PM
What's to upsell? The car only has 18k on it.

They'll make something up to upsell.

When I looked at a Jetta (2005 MKV, it's still sitting there; albeit at their Nissan store) a week ago, they seriously tried to bludgeon me into that Jetta, moreso than other dealers I had been to.

Ganley Toyota is also the same place that tried to play games with my brother when he tried to buy a used late-model Camry. Tried to do a bait and switch (asked specifically for a SE V6, they tried to talk him into a used CE four-cylinder) and then tried to talk him into leasing it.

2o6

But yet again, congratulations. I'm probably totally wrong and nothing will happen.

MrH

Maybe they were tired of you wasting every dealerships time and tried to push you into buying something so you'd stop :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CALL_911

First a Saab, now a Suzuki. Gosh, you really love to go against the stream, don't you?

Congratulations, man. It's a cool car and I hope it doesn't grenade on you like the Saab did.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on February 17, 2012, 11:04:01 PM
I don't like leather, it always seems to get hot on long car trips.

And it's cold on bareskin if it's chilly out.
Will

J86

Congratulations on the new ride!  Always exciting.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: MrH on February 18, 2012, 11:15:15 AM
Maybe they were tired of you wasting every dealerships time and tried to push you into buying something so you'd stop :lol:
:lol:

I can't believe 2o6 hasn't ben kicked out of/banned from dealerships. They should just circulate his picture around to all the dealerships in the area so they'll know ahead of time he's there to waste time.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 18, 2012, 11:34:45 AM
First a Saab, now a Suzuki. Gosh, you really love to go against the stream, don't you?

Congratulations, man. It's a cool car and I hope it doesn't grenade on you like the Saab did.

Even if it does grenade, this time I'll have a 80k miles of it under warranty which could not be beat because every other car I looked at did not have one.

Honestly, as a matter of my own taste if I'm going to make an investment in a vehicle, I'd rather have something that stands out a bit. I told some of my clients and friends what I'm getting and they said, "Who? What? Huh?"

It's better to own something that's unique and off beat, but with substantial quality which is how I tend to describe myself. I tend to find ownership as a reflection of who you are as an individual unless the ownership has everything to do with fulfilling JUST a need. I have friends who own cars who do not care what it is. It was cheap and it gets you from point A to point B. That's not me. To me, a car is a companion with you during certain phases of your life. How often do we describe moments in our lives side by side with the car that took us there? The old Mazda 929 or that old Camaro? This is what I hate about CAFE because it's ruining the opportunity to own original vehicles. It's collectivism instead of individualism.

I think most of us would tend to agree that we value our individuality in ourselves and also in our rides.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

Laconian

Most of us on this forum, most other people probably don't give a shit. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CJ

Is the warranty transferable 100%?

ifcar

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: Laconian on February 18, 2012, 03:26:30 PM
Most of us on this forum, most other people probably don't give a shit. :lol:

Hence, our superior awesomeness. Duh.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

2o6

Quote from: thecarnut on February 18, 2012, 01:53:15 PM

I can't believe 2o6 hasn't ben kicked out of/banned from dealerships. They should just circulate his picture around to all the dealerships in the area so they'll know ahead of time he's there to waste time.

I don't do it THAT often.  :lol:

------------

Anyways, congrats.

MexicoCityM3

Congrats, I love the design of the Kizashi, it really stands out and looks sporty, possibly the best looking car in the class.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

Seems you arrived at the conclusion we all thought you would.  Best of luck with it, hope it works out better for you than the Saab.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

Nice find, it looks great! I feel Suzuki is an underrated brand. My parent's SX4 is a great car and has been flawless since they bought it two years ago.

Kizashi's are high on my next car list, but they're nigh on impossible to find with a stick.

Byteme

Quote from: ifcar on February 18, 2012, 04:45:31 PM

Everytime I see a warranty like that my first thought is the manufacturer is actually telling the customer, "Here, you'll need this".  and "Don't believe what you've heard, our cars are reliable".[/b]    :lol:

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: MiataJohn on February 20, 2012, 08:47:07 AM

Everytime I see a warranty like that my first thought is the manufacturer is actually telling the customer, "Here, you'll need this".  and "Don't believe what you've heard, our cars are reliable".[/b]    :lol:

Hyundai and Mitsubishi tried the same strategy for the last 15 years. It's hard for new guys to try to carve market share to get people in the door. They couldn't sell on product, so they have to sell on other grounds. When you have both product and warranty, that's a boon for a customer. I think checking out off brands is actually good news for the customer because those brands will do more to earn your business.

1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

J86

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.