VAN

Started by Eye of the Tiger, February 06, 2012, 05:32:39 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 24, 2012, 08:17:45 PM
VAN HAS LUBRICATED BRAKES. NOTHING CAN STOP VAN NOW.

This is not in general a good thing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 24, 2012, 09:47:45 PM
This is not in general a good thing.

It's keeps your rotors from rusting. Just slather some axle grease on there.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 24, 2012, 10:10:59 PM
It's keeps your rotors from rusting. Just slather some axle grease on there.

Axle grease? That's pretty dumb. I used brake lubricant, meant SPECIFICALLY for brakes.

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 24, 2012, 10:12:32 PM
Axle grease? That's pretty dumb. I used brake lubricant, meant SPECIFICALLY for brakes.

Did you pack the rotor vanes with grease?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 24, 2012, 10:17:10 PM
Did you pack the rotor vanes with grease?

No, you idiot. You only put it between the disc and the caliper like it says on the bottle.  :facepalm:

Laconian

Just get Teflon rotors and VAN will be futuristic like a space shuttle :facepalm:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

S204STi

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 24, 2012, 10:12:32 PM

I has a bottle of this.  Good stuff.

Eye of the Tiger

Permatex makes all the good shit.

Eye of the Tiger

Trailer hitch: hitched.
Last step: packing the VAN full of my shit. This is the worst part, and I think I will put it off until tomorrow. It's supposed to rain in two hours.

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 25, 2012, 11:33:44 AM
Trailer hitch: hitched.
Last step: packing the VAN full of my shit. This is the worst part, and I think I will put it off until tomorrow. It's supposed to rain in two hours.

Pack in the rain.  that way shit gets wet, and when you hit the warmer climate, your van will be a soothing sauna.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 68_427 on April 25, 2012, 12:44:20 PM
Pack in the rain.  that way shit gets wet, and when you hit the warmer climate, your van will be a soothing sauna.

Contrary to popular belief, VAN has working A/C. It's not just some old beater, it's a luxury VAN. It has 4 cup holders!

CJ

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 25, 2012, 01:18:43 PM
Contrary to popular belief, VAN has working A/C. It's not just some old beater, it's a luxury VAN. It has 4 cup holders!

:wub:

CJ

shp4man

After reading through the last few pages of this thread, my advice would be to watch the temp gauge closely and watch the brakes for signs of smoke billowing out. How much does this trailer weigh? Do you have a triple A card?  :lol: An extra 3 gallons of coolant? A good thumb to start hitchhiking?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on April 25, 2012, 01:36:05 PM
After reading through the last few pages of this thread, my advice would be to watch the temp gauge closely and watch the brakes for signs of smoke billowing out. How much does this trailer weigh? Do you have a triple A card?  :lol: An extra 3 gallons of coolant? A good thumb to start hitchhiking?

I'm towing my car, which happens to be a car, which is convenient if the VAN has a failure.

Rupert

WHOA hold it.

You car is... a car? o_0

Does not compute.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on April 25, 2012, 09:23:27 PM
WHOA hold it.

You car is... a car? o_0

Does not compute.

Sorry. My car is an Accent. A little Korean Accent.

Rupert

OK, that makes sense.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Laconian

Eye of the Tiger

Probably can't tow an Accent.

280Z Turbo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on May 05, 2012, 07:55:33 AM
SET UP FOR SPORTING SHOULD I BUY?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2939040666.html

I've been seeing these private VAN rentals, lately. People are so desparate for money. Offer them $50 for a weekend, then take it to Gingerman.

280Z Turbo

Vans should only be on tracks to drop off fat corner workers in white pants to their corner stations.

It would be impossible to avoid rolling an econoline when driven hard. You may even roll it in the paddock.

Laconian

Are Aerostars true VANs?

S204STi

Quote from: Laconian on April 25, 2012, 10:57:04 PM

The body and concept are rad, but the engine is just terrible.  The same year this came out, Subaru was building a flat four with smaller displacement, more power, and which didn't leak like a sieve.  Shitty engine, but I still love them.

Secret Chimp

Vanagon + Subaru engine

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 10, 2012, 04:08:27 PM
Vanagon + Subaru engine

I want to do this eventually.

Rupert

Yeah, duh.

Or Porsche engine!