Something we can all agree on...

Started by SVT666, February 09, 2012, 03:25:52 PM

SVT666

...I hope.  I think we can all agree that the exterior of the Aston Martin V12 Zagato is sexy as hell, and the interior is a little too much and kinda tacky.  Give me the exterior with the DBS interior and I would be happy.

By Ronan Glon

Aston Martin has released the first official pictures of the production-bound V12 Zagato. It is scheduled to make its public debut at the Kuwait Concours d?Elegance that will open its doors on February 15th, 2012, and it will greet the European public for the first time in Geneva several weeks after that.

The V12 Zagato was prefigured by a concept shown at the 2011 Villa d?Este Concorso d?Eleganza in Cernobbio, Italy. It was displayed again at last year?s Frankfurt Motor Show, where it received a very warm welcome from the public, prompting the brand to give the car the green light for production.

According to Aston Martin ?s CEO, Dr Ulrich Bez, the V12 Zagato was developed to commemorate the brand?s long-standing collaboration with Italian coachbuilder Zagato.

?Our relationship with Zagato stretches back more than 50 years. Together in that time we have created a series of very special cars. The first ? the DB4GT Zagato ? is a true icon: fast, beautiful and incredibly desirable. In the V12 Zagato I believe we have captured the spirit of that car and combined it with a confident twist of modernity to give it a character all of its own.?

Aston Martin?s latest creation is based on the existing V12 Vantage coupe. The two ride on the same aluminum platform, and they are powered by the same front mid-mounted 6.0-liter V12. The engine is rated at 517 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque.

However, the V12 Zagato differs from the Vantage thanks to its Zagato-designed body, which prominently features the coachbuilder?s signature double bubble roof. It is built out of hand-crafted aluminum and carbon fiber, and Aston Martin claims that each car takes approximately 2,000 man-hours to build, which partially explains why production is strictly limited to 150 examples.

Buyers can choose between four different colors created specifically for the model: Scintilla Silver, Alloro Green, Alba Blue and Diavolo Red.

The car?s interior is upholstered with no less than seven Bridge of Weir hides. Zagato?s signature Z emblem is hand-stitched into the headrests, and several components are made of carbon fiber, including the dashboard and the center console.

The first deliveries are scheduled to take place before the end of this year. The V12 Zagato carries a base price of ?330,000 (about $518,265).

Galaxy

I'm not a fan of the rear. I prefer the regular Aston Martin rear.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

hotrodalex

Quote from: Galaxy on February 09, 2012, 03:28:07 PM

Really? I like the rear more than the front, which looks like a fish mouth.

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Rupert

In those pictures, the front end looks like a bubble, and the back end looks like it's in the middle of taking a shit. The interior looks like something Jesse James (yo) designed.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Galaxy on February 09, 2012, 03:28:07 PM
Quote from: hotrodalex on February 09, 2012, 03:42:00 PM
Really? I like the rear more than the front, which looks like a fish mouth.
:lol:

SVT666

r0tor

I dislike everything I see in those pics
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

sportyaccordy

Yea the more I look at it the less I like the Zagato, it's a little overwrought

Payman

Love it. Even love the interior, except for the shiftknob, which scares me.

Xer0

That thing is hideous.  I don't understand why it exists.

Raza

It's like a Bristol Fighter had a baby with a GT-R, and then Zagato made it ugly.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

That shifter looks like a giant Terminator turd.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

sportyaccordy

OK now you guys are just being cruel.

CJ

Rupert

I might suggest that Hemi has never been more wrong. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

I don't like either fascias, and some of the side detailing is a bit overwraught for an Aston.

But I really like the greenhouse and roofline.

Onslaught

Rupert

Good sound. Really starts up with a bang.

MexicoCityM3

I prefer the regular Astons. This is too extroverted for an Aston, which isn't really their strength in my opinion. Lambo has the extrovert exotic niche nailed.

Can't help but bring up the Aventador. Again.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

omicron

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on February 10, 2012, 04:37:27 AM

That's better.

Nope. THIS IS MUCH BETTER.  :praise:

The prettiest Aston Martin ever made. The DB8 Vantage. So hot.  :wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Byteme

Quote from: SVT666 on February 09, 2012, 03:25:52 PM
...I hope.  I think we can all agree that the exterior of the Aston Martin V12 Zagato is sexy as hell, and the interior is a little too much and kinda tacky.  Give me the exterior with the DBS interior and I would be happy.

Don't like the roofline behind the B pillars, don't like the side vents and don't like the rear.  The front end is passable.  The interior would give me vertigo.

The best looking Aston Martin was and continues to be the DB7.

ifcar

It's okay, but it's not distinctively Aston Martin. That could have been the BR-Z and no one would call it a ripoff.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: ifcar on February 10, 2012, 06:24:21 AM
It's okay, but it's not distinctively Aston Martin. That could have been the BR-Z and no one would call it a ripoff.

LOL  I was going to say it looks like the Toyobaru rear-end...
Will

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.