3 Tickets in 1 week

Started by jammmieus, October 10, 2005, 12:07:52 PM

TurboDan

D-man,

Nope, I don't think I've ever been on Rt. 8 in CT.  I'm going to my cousin's wedding in Glastonbury in a few weeks, so I'll be up that way then.  Not sure if Rt. 8 runs near there or not.  I'm not usually up in CT as I don't know many people up that way.  The only time I'm in CT is usually on the way up to Boston if I'm visiting someone.  I actually tend to be driving south to Baltimore or DC more than north.

Haha, and yeah, the FDR is usually a disaster - but when there isn't much traffic it's FUN!  I can't recall ever seeing a police car on it - it's probably a combination of too much traffic volume and the simple fact that there is no place to actually pull anyone over if you wanted to.  There are times when you can catch it without the usually jams, usually on the weekends.  There's soooo many twists and turns, you feel like you're up over 100 when you're only doing 70 or so.  Very cool.  

dazzleman

QuoteD-man,

Nope, I don't think I've ever been on Rt. 8 in CT.  I'm going to my cousin's wedding in Glastonbury in a few weeks, so I'll be up that way then.  Not sure if Rt. 8 runs near there or not.  I'm not usually up in CT as I don't know many people up that way.  The only time I'm in CT is usually on the way up to Boston if I'm visiting someone.  I actually tend to be driving south to Baltimore or DC more than north.

Haha, and yeah, the FDR is usually a disaster - but when there isn't much traffic it's FUN!  I can't recall ever seeing a police car on it - it's probably a combination of too much traffic volume and the simple fact that there is no place to actually pull anyone over if you wanted to.  There are times when you can catch it without the usually jams, usually on the weekends.  There's soooo many twists and turns, you feel like you're up over 100 when you're only doing 70 or so.  Very cool.
Dan, you're right about there being no place to pull anybody over on the FDR.  That definitely makes it easier to open it up on the rare occasions when conditions are right, without having to worry too much about getting tagged.

Rte. 8 is one way you could get to Glastonbury from NY.  There are a few different ways, and it's probably not the most direct, but if you're in the mood for some fun driving, it's a good way to go.  It also seem to have less traffic than some of the other roads -- I was able to maintain a steady 80 mph on Rte. 8 during rush hour.

I think your options to get to Glastonbury are:

1. Hutch to I-684 to I-84
2. I-95 to I-91 (I-84 and I-91 intersect near Glastonbury)
3. Hutch to Merritt to I-91
4. I-95 or Merritt to Rte. 8 to Rte. 84

Have a fun drive, man. :rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

QuoteMove to Germany.  :praise:
That sounds like a pretty good solution.  :lol:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

L. ed foote

FDR  :angry:  

Construction :angry:

Traffic :angry:

Actually, once you get to lower Manhattan, it does open up a bit, but from the UN all the way up to 125, it's a PITA.  The Harlem River Drive (same road different part) is a bit better.

The West Side Highway/Henry Hudson Parkway, OTOH....   :praise:

Rt 8 in CT is nice.  Made a run up there a while back, when I bought a car from someone in Naugatuck
Member, Self Preservation Society

dazzleman

QuoteFDR  :angry:  

Construction :angry:

Traffic :angry:

Actually, once you get to lower Manhattan, it does open up a bit, but from the UN all the way up to 125, it's a PITA.  The Harlem River Drive (same road different part) is a bit better.

The West Side Highway/Henry Hudson Parkway, OTOH....   :praise:

Rt 8 in CT is nice.  Made a run up there a while back, when I bought a car from someone in Naugatuck
Foote, Dan must be driving the FDR in the middle of the night, because I had the same reaction you did.

Rte. 8 is my favorite road around here.  It doesn't usually have a lot of traffic, and it has some good hills and curves.  Naugatuck is pretty far up, so you must have had a pretty good run on Rte. 8.  My buddy drives it every day to work, and he tells me that there are cops on it a lot, but I've never seen too many.