C/D makes an unexpected verdict

Started by SaltyDog, October 10, 2005, 01:00:15 PM

ifcar

Right, I hate Pontiac. I've always been anti-GM. You're clearly right.

(If I were to argue in your typical manner, I'd stop right here. However, considering how disgustingly rude I find that, I'll actually support my statements.)

And lower weight will pay off in different ways. It will generally make a car more "tossable", and will help both acceleration and fuel economy. None of those factors were mentioned in the C/D capsule-comparo. I would expect them to emerge in the real test, and I'd expect to see quite some weight given to them.  

SJ_GTI

QuoteRight, I hate Pontiac. I've always been anti-GM. You're clearly right.

(If I were to argue in your typical manner, I'd stop right here. However, considering how disgustingly rude I find that, I'll actually support my statements.)

And lower weight will pay off in different ways. It will generally make a car more "tossable", and will help both acceleration and fuel economy. None of those factors were mentioned in the C/D capsule-comparo. I would expect them to emerge in the real test, and I'd expect to see quite some weight given to them.
Hey, its possible to be anti-Pontiac without being anti-GM.

As for your other examples they may be true, but they don't matter in judging handling except for "tossability" and that certainly isn't all that important in such a close contest anyway. An Aveo is more tossable than a 5-series but guess which one handles better?

AT least you admitted your dislike for Pontiac though. Baby steps...

Raza

Please, please kinder, let's play nicely.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

QuotePlease, please kinder, let's play nicely.
I thought I was playing nicely?

Raza

You and if get into these heated arguments over everything.  I think it's hilarious, but situations like these plagued C&D and is like an epidemic on the boards now.  As long as it stays civil, I don't mind, but I've seen it get pretty ugly between you two, and I'd like to avoid that.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

You and if get into these heated arguments over everything.  I think it's hilarious, but situations like these plagued C&D and is like an epidemic on the boards now.  As long as it stays civil, I don't mind, but I've seen it get pretty ugly between you two, and I'd like to avoid that.
I can't help it if Ifcar gets upset when he is proven wrong.

:lol:  

Raghavan

Ur not a modz so kno 1 haz 2 lisen 2 u!

ifcar

I can't help it if Ifcar gets upset when he is proven wrong.

:lol:
You sure showed me. Countered everything I had to say, and did so directly.  :rolleyes:  

SJ_GTI

QuoteYou sure showed me. Countered everything I had to say, and did so directly.
:praise: