Prospective BRZ/FR-S Owner's Club

Started by 280Z Turbo, February 26, 2012, 09:53:52 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 27, 2012, 01:39:25 PM
I just can't reconcile spending $25K on any new car, no matter how good it is.

+1

Quote from: Onslaught on February 27, 2012, 03:01:29 PM
38 isn't mid life! I was thinking more like 45 or so to go nuts.

Exactly!

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 26, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
I will buy a used one for $4200 in the year 2019.

ALMOST my plan, I don't think they'll be that cheap that fast. Most really good 7yr old cars right now are around $8-9k. These will maintain more value- look at a 5-7yr old Miata vs. 5-7yr old whatever else..

Will

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 27, 2012, 01:39:25 PM
I just can't reconcile spending $25K on any new car, no matter how good it is.

$25k is about near the bottom of the average price for a new car. hell, I can see spending $25k on a used car that is only the start of a project. I can see spending a hundred grand on a used car (like a used DB9 or DBS) if it's a car you really want.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: ChrisV on February 28, 2012, 06:02:52 AM
$25k is about near the bottom of the average price for a new car.

It's still a LOT of money. To the "average" American it's a half-year's income!!!!
My top purchase was $9k for our current minivan. I spent $4500 on the minivan before that, otherwise never spent more than $3k for a car. Sure they're used and old and have 100k+miles on them- but I keep them just as much as most other people keep theirs. For much less ca$h.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 28, 2012, 05:43:21 AM
+1

Exactly!

ALMOST my plan, I don't think they'll be that cheap that fast. Most really good 7yr old cars right now are around $8-9k. These will maintain more value- look at a 5-7yr old Miata vs. 5-7yr old whatever else..

Maybe I'm hoping Consumer Reports or some idiot calls them death traps, easier to flip than a toilet seat, or unsafe at any speed. That should bring down the value.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 28, 2012, 06:12:54 AM
Maybe I'm hoping Consumer Reports or some idiot calls them death traps, easier to flip than a toilet seat, or unsafe at any speed. That should bring down the value.

Might, but doubt it. They'll stay pretty pricey as there won't be a ton of them, enthusiasts will be the only ones looking at them, and/or 'kids' will abuse the snot out of them.
Will

Morris Minor

Subaru dealers are now taking orders for BRZs
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși