How good of a driver do you honestly feel you are

Started by sportyaccordy, March 11, 2012, 06:10:26 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 06:28:30 PM

You are officially a poser until you put your money where your mouth is. I've had enough.

He's not a "poser", he's a "poseur".
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 12:37:21 PM
I think I'm driving more slowly.  I hate to see it happen.
What's the matter, your reflexes giving up?  All you got to do is put your foot down ;).
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 06:22:42 PM

You make 6 figures, but won't even get a $20,000 2003 Porsche Boxster S. I don't think we care any more. Your last ticket was yearS ago. You have no credibility anymore.

:lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 06:28:30 PM

You are officially a poser until you put your money where your mouth is. I've had enough.

I bet you have so much fun driving that new deck of yours...  oh wait...  :nutty:

Haha, you must be drunk already!

The new deck was a necessity.  I can't have the French doors open to a cliff.  That wouldn't go over well in my neighborhood, as you well know.... :lol:

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 24, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
What's the matter, your reflexes giving up?  All you got to do is put your foot down ;).

I still drive pretty fast, but it's not the compulsion that it once was.  I don't get upset if I can't keep up 80+ mph on the highway, the way I used to.  I'm very happy to be able to go fast when conditions are right, but I don't want to put myself or anybody else in danger.  It's just part of aging, I guess.

I'm embarrassed by how long it's been since my last ticket.  I don't drive enough, and I look too respectable, so the cops don't go after me.  I'd have to get a different car to attract their attention.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 06:47:04 PM
:lol:

:facepalm:

You act as if this is a laughing matter. Unbelievable. You will barely lose value with a 2003 Boxster S, and you can afford $1,000 a year in insurance. You don't need a god damned 5-series to get yourself to the train station everyday. Man the fuck up.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 06:48:49 PM
Haha, you must be drunk already!

The new deck was a necessity.  I can't have the French doors open to a cliff.  That wouldn't go over well in my neighborhood, as you well know.... :lol:

Yeah, you can't have french doors open to a cliff when you sell your house. In the mean time, that is not a problem :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 06:50:50 PM

:facepalm:

You act as if this is a laughing matter. Unbelievable. You will barely lose value with a 2003 Boxster S, and you can afford $1,000 a year in insurance. You don't need a god damned 5-series to get yourself to the train station everyday. Man the fuck up.

How many drinks have you had so far tonight, man?  :lol:

If you're willing to pay for the car and insurance, and take care of all the repairs, I'm game.  :ohyeah:

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 06:52:04 PM
How many drinks have you had so far tonight, man?  :lol:

If you're willing to pay for the car and insurance, and take care of all the repairs, I'm game.  :ohyeah:

There hasn't been a cloud in the sky and I have been drinking all day :lol:

Regardless, you ought to be ashamed of yourself with regards to your attitude. You'll barely put 5,000 miles on your Porsche each year, which means that it will cost you essentially no money to keep it going. You've convinced CarSPIN that you are better off without a Porsche, but I see through your bullshit.

FoMoJo

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 06:50:47 PM
I still drive pretty fast, but it's not the compulsion that it once was.  I don't get upset if I can't keep up 80+ mph on the highway, the way I used to.  I'm very happy to be able to go fast when conditions are right, but I don't want to put myself or anybody else in danger.  It's just part of aging, I guess.

I'm embarrassed by how long it's been since my last ticket.  I don't drive enough, and I look too respectable, so the cops don't go after me.  I'd have to get a different car to attract their attention.
Are you saying that your midlife crisis in over with or it hasn't kicked in yet?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

dazzleman

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 24, 2012, 06:58:41 PM
Are you saying that your midlife crisis in over with or it hasn't kicked in yet?

Oh, it's in full swing, but I'm dealing with it through traveling.

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 06:58:37 PM

There hasn't been a cloud in the sky and I have been drinking all day :lol:

Regardless, you ought to be ashamed of yourself with regards to your attitude. You'll barely put 5,000 miles on your Porsche each year, which means that it will cost you essentially no money to keep it going. You've convinced CarSPIN that you are better off without a Porsche, but I see through your bullshit.

What makes you think I really earn six figures?  The truth is, I'm really 23 and live in my parents' basement.  "My" house really belongs to people I house sit for.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 07:03:19 PM
What makes you think I really earn six figures?  The truth is, I'm really 23 and live in my parents' basement.  "My" house really belongs to people I house sit for.

Are you suggesting you earn seven figures? Because that doesn't help :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 07:05:18 PM

Are you suggesting you earn seven figures? Because that doesn't help :lol:

Low five figures... :lol:

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 07:06:54 PM
Low five figures... :lol:

Right... :rolleyes: :lol:

Ahem...it's CPO Porsche time. There's a dealership within 15 minutes of your house  ;)

Eye of the Tiger

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 07:07:22 PM
Right... :rolleyes: :lol:

Ahem...it's CPO Porsche time. There's a dealership within 15 minutes of your house  ;)

There's one 5 minutes away.  I drive by it every day.  I went to the Audi dealer last weekend to check out the lineup.

dazzleman

Eye of the Tiger

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 07:11:28 PM
There's one 5 minutes away.  I drive by it every day.  I went to the Audi dealer last weekend to check out the lineup.

It sounds like if there is a problem, you can easily take your Porsche to the dealership and get it fixed while you are at work. I know they offer rides to the train station.

So, what's your next excuse? You're running thin  :praise:

Eye of the Tiger

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 07:16:04 PM

It sounds like if there is a problem, you can easily take your Porsche to the dealership and get it fixed while you are at work. I know they offer rides to the train station.

So, what's your next excuse? You're running thin  :praise:

Come with me to the dealer, and bring your checkbook..... :ohyeah:

Laconian

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 07:03:19 PM
I KNEW IT!

Did you pay off some older guy to fill in for you at the GTG?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on March 24, 2012, 07:20:06 PM
I KNEW IT!

Did you pay off some older guy to fill in for you at the GTG?

Yes, that guy's my dad's cousin.... :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 07:00:35 PM
Oh, it's in full swing, but I'm dealing with it through traveling.
No midlife crisis is complete without a shiny red Porsche, Corvette, Viper, Mustang, Ferrari, et al...preferably with a hot young blond in the passenger seat :ohyeah:.  A man of your means should be able to go top drawer.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2012, 07:20:02 PM
Come with me to the dealer, and bring your checkbook..... :ohyeah:

It'll be a pretty embarrassing if you try to buy a car and the check bounces...

Better bring your checkbook :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 24, 2012, 07:34:59 PM

It'll be a pretty embarrassing if you try to buy a car and the check bounces...

Better bring your checkbook :lol:

Not willing to back up your trash talk with your wallet, man... :devil:

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

Rupert

Yeah, you're too busy bragging about your (ancient) driving exploits.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA