My new car: 2011 Infiniti G37x sedan.

Started by GoCougs, March 14, 2012, 11:44:21 PM

TurboDan

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 15, 2012, 01:23:30 PM
I'm seeing OEM wheels on Ebay for much, much cheaper. $1000 a set for 18s. Tires prob another 600 or so.

And on eBay, you can usually find rims that already are wrapped with tires. If they're in good condition (or good enough to hold you for a while) you're killing two birds with one stone. Then you can unload your own to defray more of the cost.

TurboDan

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 16, 2012, 05:55:33 AM
If you unlock with a metal key, does it still deactivate the alarm??

On the LR2 it will. However you can't actually start the engine with the key (there's no ignition slot where you can put it). It just lets you in the car. Plus you need the proper size key to pop off the door handle cover that conceals the key hole. It's pretty cool.

It's also pretty damn hard to lock yourself out of a car these days...

68_427

The rays rims from the G35/7 and 370Z would look incredible.  But they're 19s.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

Awesomely, ski roof racks from the Accord with just a bit of adjustment:

Had the receiver installed today - this chrome thingy bugged me to no end:

Got some rattle can on it and now it's all good:

ifcar

Cougs, do you want me to add one of these to the "What We Drive" thread, or should I wait until you have a spiffier photo?

The Pirate

Quote from: GoCougs on March 15, 2012, 09:55:25 PM
Almost done accessorizing. Luckily the ski racks fit. Got a lot of the settings and other stuff such as the iPod interface set. Have an appointment tomorrow to get the hitch receiver installed (for my bike rack).

What brand of hitch receiver are you going with, and did you have any issues with the one on the Accord?  I'm starting to think about one for my car, but am not crazy about how 1 1/4 receivers mount in unibody cars (don't really want to drill holes in the car).  But I'm over roof racks.  Hitch racks are just easier and I'll be able to use my sunroof again.

Love the car, too!  That's definitely one of the better colors.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

AutobahnSHO

Some cars are hitch-ready. I literally just had to unhook the muffler, and put 6 bolts into pre-threaded holes for the hitch on the Sienna. Oh and put the muffler back on the hanger...
Will

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on March 16, 2012, 05:42:28 PM
Cougs, do you want me to add one of these to the "What We Drive" thread, or should I wait until you have a spiffier photo?

It'll be a bit of time for a better photo, so do whatever easiest...

ifcar

Quote from: GoCougs on March 16, 2012, 09:43:23 PM
It'll be a bit of time for a better photo, so do whatever easiest...

Easiest is to wait.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on March 16, 2012, 05:42:28 PM

Fuck you.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

Quote from: The Pirate on March 16, 2012, 08:00:26 PM
What brand of hitch receiver are you going with, and did you have any issues with the one on the Accord?  I'm starting to think about one for my car, but am not crazy about how 1 1/4 receivers mount in unibody cars (don't really want to drill holes in the car).  But I'm over roof racks.  Hitch racks are just easier and I'll be able to use my sunroof again.

Love the car, too!  That's definitely one of the better colors.

I just went to a local hitch shop for them to install it. I don't have any idea what they used. This hitch mounts up between the hidden bumper and the rear bumper cover, and requires minor trimming of both the underside diffuser and rear bumper cover, and holes drilled in the rear bumper cover behind the license plate. I didn't want to deal with all that.

The Accord's receiver hitch took all of 15 minutes to install. It bolted into the trunk pan (I did have to drill holes) and into an already existing bracket behind the bumper. No trimming of anything.

Hitch racks are a bit of a PITA but I know for 100% certainty I'd clear off a bike if I had a bike roof rack. I'll only do skis on top.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 93JC on March 16, 2012, 09:56:01 PM
:lol: :lol:

Have you seen that thread, lately? Virtually nobody drives any of the cars listed on there, anymore. I certainly don't. But as soon as StrawCougs breaks his Camcord integrity and gets some fancy Infintitetely, Ifcar is all up in his ass. :evildude:

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on March 16, 2012, 09:48:09 PM
Easiest is to wait.

Alrighty, I'll break out the Big Dog to get a good shot soon.

ifcar

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 16, 2012, 09:58:45 PM
Have you seen that thread, lately? Virtually nobody drives any of the cars listed on there, anymore. I certainly don't. But as soon as StrawCougs breaks his Camcord integrity and gets some fancy Infintitetely, Ifcar is all up in his ass. :evildude:

You're not too easy to keep up with, you know. But among the most active forum members, most of it is still current to the best of my knowledge. Feel free to post/pm anything that needs to be updated.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on March 16, 2012, 10:04:08 PM
You're not too easy to keep up with, you know. But among the most active forum members, most of it is still current to the best of my knowledge. Feel free to post/pm anything that needs to be updated.

I'm not your editor. My vehicles are in my sig, and the associated threads have pictures. I don't care. :evildude:

SVT666

I just went and looked at that thread.  I haven't had the Freestyle in over 2 years.  We have a 2007 Explorer now....oh and my name is SVT666.  :lol:

Rupert

I don't have an MG anymore, and my name is Rupert. I saw a bunch of cars in there that are gone, like Laconian's Miata, John's E-Type, Dan's Passat, etc.

I also don't know what happened to the picture of the 944, but at least it's listed.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Vinsanity

perhaps I should provide an updated pic with mah rimz (and mah grillz), but that almost borders on conceit

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on March 14, 2012, 11:44:21 PM
Well 'SPINners, you were with me through thick and thin, provided me lots of good advice and friendly banter, and otherwise got me to the finish line. Good on ya.

Lakeshore slate blue w/black interior (hard combo to find) w/premium package (moon roof, keyless entry/ignition, upgraded audio). 19,800 miles. took a bit of time but got a decent deal worked out tonight and pulled the trigger.

Obviously a step up from the Accord but not quite as much as you'd think; the Accord can definitely hold its head high especially concerning engine NVH - the VQ ain't got nothing on the Honda J-series. Surprisingly though the G37 has a better ride. The AWD + stability system is a wonder. Wet road performance is phenomenal. Shenanigans that'd have the Accord spinning away through the first two gears sees the G37 just squat, grip and go.

At home:

Dealer pic:

Dude, I really like it, and the color is great too.  I wish you many, many miles of fun speeding in your new car... :devil:

I've been thinking about Infiniti for my new car.  I'm glad you got this instead of another boring Honda.  A badass driver like you needs a car with a little mischief in it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on March 16, 2012, 05:40:44 PM
Awesomely, ski roof racks from the Accord with just a bit of adjustment:

Great shot of the vehicle Cougs.

As an aside, do you ever open your blinds?  Or does that house belong to one of those old ladies who hasn't been outdoors in 20 years?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: GoCougs on March 16, 2012, 09:52:31 PM

Hitch racks are a bit of a PITA but I know for 100% certainty I'd clear off a bike if I had a bike roof rack. I'll only do skis on top.

Hitchracks
-a minor pain to takeoff, but leaving a roofrack on permanently is bad for paint
-better aerodynamically. how much? I dunno..
-less chance of forgetting and going through a parking garage and smashing the bike and car
-much easier to lift the bike on and off
Will

dazzleman

Joe, do you have any pictures of the interior, especially with the control panels lit up?  I think Infiniti has really cool interiors and instrument panels.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 17, 2012, 07:04:26 AM
Hitchracks
-a minor pain to takeoff, but leaving a roofrack on permanently is bad for paint
-better aerodynamically. how much? I dunno..
-less chance of forgetting and going through a parking garage and smashing the bike and car
-much easier to lift the bike on and off

Either way, Coug's aeros are maimed. The G37 has thoroughly aerodynamic underbottom, but not as much when you chop up the diffuser and put a hitch on it.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Rupert on March 17, 2012, 01:28:09 AM
I don't have an MG anymore, and my name is Rupert. I saw a bunch of cars in there that are gone, like Laconian's Miata, John's E-Type, Dan's Passat, etc.

I also don't know what happened to the picture of the 944, but at least it's listed.
I don't drive a '98 Accord anymore, either and my screen name isn't even the same anymore.

Also, roof racks look pretty boss on your car, Cougs.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

GoCougs

Thanks, guys. More pics by request...

For 'thecarnut' how's this for boss (had to make sure my bike rack fit):

For Dazzle a couple of interior shots (tried to get the floor mats clean but can't - bugs me to no end!):

And back:

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on March 17, 2012, 04:46:35 AM
Great shot of the vehicle Cougs.

As an aside, do you ever open your blinds?  Or does that house belong to one of those old ladies who hasn't been outdoors in 20 years?

Actually, yes, I typically do leave my blinds closed most of the times, ha, ha. As one can see the house is very near the street and though it gets very little traffic I feel like I'm in a fishbowl if the blinds are open.

GoCougs

So, after I bought the car Weds night I've been super busy including going skiing all day yesterday (didn't take the car, took a bus as it was a work trip thing). Today I was finally able to go through it fully. Not quite so enamored at the moment:

1.) There were at least a dozen small scuffs and scratches on the exterior. A light rubbing compound and they all came out save for one (and it mostly came out) luckily.

2.) The floor mats are dirty with the 'G37' logo a dingy white that won't come clean (see the above pic). On the drive side mat there looks to be burns or some such. Also, the rear floor mats are missing.

3.) The car had not been detailed. Though not filthy there was a lot of gunk in the crevices of the seats, scuff marks all over the place, and smears on the leather.

4.) Some kind of blue gunk had spilled in the trunk cover a good portion of the trunk mat (easy to replace) and part of the sides (NOT easy to replace). It even leaked down into the spare tire well (imageshack is down so no pics). It's quite a mess. The stains don't budge so stuff will have to be replaced to fix the issue.

5.) And the ginormous issue? THIS WAS A HERTZ RENTAL CAR. In pulling out the owners manual of the leather satchel out came the old registration showing Hertz as the previous owner, plus other Hertz stuff like stickers and the nav instructions. I was told it was purchased at an Infiniti auction and that it was "probably a manager's car." I've checked out in detail the undercarriage and wheels and see zero sign of abuse.

I just called their used car manager. He says bring it in and they'll fix the trunk issue no problem. He says the Hertz issue isn't bad as the car was still bought at an Infiniti auction as Hertz (and other rental companies) lease premium rentals (they get turned back to Infiniti when done). If it didn't pass the inspection Infiniti would not have sold it at auction to its dealers. Ugh. All in all other than the trunk issue and missing rear floor mats it's really not much of an issue. I'm just really anal on the condition of my cars but do have to realize this was indeed a used car.