My new car: 2011 Infiniti G37x sedan.

Started by GoCougs, March 14, 2012, 11:44:21 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on November 21, 2012, 12:46:00 PM
New wheels = now the best looking car in its class IMO; got a compliment at the tire shop and then at the gas station to boot.

Nah, I park in my carport.
New wheels look good, man.

Carport?  A man of your stature doesn't have a two-car garage?  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

68_427

Some guy told me he's never "seen a young guy driving one of those".

:(
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on November 21, 2012, 09:27:27 PM
Some guy told me he's never "seen a young guy driving one of those".

:(

I don't know anybody who drives one who isn't a young dude....
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on November 21, 2012, 09:02:26 PM
No they're not.

I've gotten a few, and each time I'm surprised. I like it, but it's not exactly a stand out looking car.

Usually, they ask me "How's the mileage on your Prius", or "I never knew they made Camrys this small", or "That's a really cute car. Who makes it?"  :huh:

Cookie Monster

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2012, 10:30:54 PM

I've gotten a few, and each time I'm surprised. I like it, but it's not exactly a stand out looking car.

Usually, they ask me "How's the mileage on your Prius", or "I never knew they made Camrys this small", or "That's a really cute car. Who makes it?"  :huh:

Those aren't compliments.

I've gotten a few in my car, mainly from dudes with beat up old cars. Makes me feel bad. :(

Even worse, chicks don't dig my car. I went somewhere with a friend and on the way back to the car, she pointed at a Honda Del Slow and said "there's your car!". :cry:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2012, 10:30:54 PM

Usually, they ask me "How's the mileage on your Prius", or "I never knew they made Camrys this small", or "That's a really cute car. Who makes it?"  :huh:
I think midwestern people must view Japanese cars like they view Asians, "they all look the same."
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: thecarnut on November 21, 2012, 10:55:29 PM
Those aren't compliments.

I've gotten a few in my car, mainly from dudes with beat up old cars. Makes me feel bad. :(

Even worse, chicks don't dig my car. I went somewhere with a friend and on the way back to the car, she pointed at a Honda Del Slow and said "there's your car!". :cry:

pwn3d :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

To be fair, the Yaris sedan isn't exactly a distictive design, my brother's 2011 Camry SE is the same color as my car....they look kinda similar.

68_427

My mom gets compliments on her Legacy ALL THE DAMN TIME, and she thinks it looks like a old lady car compared to mine.  :lol:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2012, 11:04:55 PM
To be fair, the Yaris sedan isn't exactly a distictive design, my brother's 2011 Camry SE is the same color as my car....they look kinda similar.

Agreed. All subcompact sedans are pretty bad looking. Hatches FTW. I can fit a refridgerator in my car. Fuck passengers.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on November 21, 2012, 09:36:30 PM
I don't know anybody who drives one who isn't a young dude....

Same here. A lot of my friends drive them and love them. I mentioned the G to my dad to replace his '02 A6. His response was almost a laugh, then a stern lesson that if it's not German, it ain't real luxury. Audi or BMW the next chariot shall be... but he's still open to a GTI to reclaim his youth... it legit could happen.  :lol:

TurboDan

Quote from: 68_427 on November 21, 2012, 11:26:33 PM
My mom gets compliments on her Legacy ALL THE DAMN TIME, and she thinks it looks like a old lady car compared to mine.  :lol:

Haha, I was at Lowe's this week and the manager stopped me on my way in and asked me what kind of car I was driving, as he saw me driving in the lot looking for a space. Said he was looking to buy an Escape or Liberty but was trying to find something different and a little nicer, as long as he could drive on sand for his fishing expeditions (gee, the SAME preferences I had). I sung the praises of the LR2.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on November 22, 2012, 01:31:05 AM
Same here. A lot of my friends drive them and love them. I mentioned the G to my dad to replace his '02 A6. His response was almost a laugh, then a stern lesson that if it's not German, it ain't real luxury. Audi or BMW the next chariot shall be... but he's still open to a GTI to reclaim his youth... it legit could happen.  :lol:

Forget luxury.  At this stage of the game, he needs something to get the blood flowing.... :pullover:

Laconian

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MrH on November 21, 2012, 12:50:22 PM
Oh yeah?  Well, I got a compliment on my car from both the lady who took my money, and the one who gave me my food at the McDonald's drive-thru :lol:  I wish I were lying, but those white trash heffers were lovin them some BRZ.

Some teen girl giving me the Frosty at Wendy's said "I love your car!" to my  convurtibel rasecar.
Will

MrH

Yeah, I got stopped by two old guys yesterday.  One at a stop light asking how I liked it.  The other in the movies parking lot gave me two thumbs up like the Fonz.

I hear something from someone nearly every day, but it's almost always old men.  I've yet to receive a compliment by a remotely attractive girl though.  The Pussy Slayin Chariot is failing me horribly :facepalm:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

Quote from: MrH on November 24, 2012, 10:08:06 AM
Yeah, I got stopped by two old guys yesterday.  One at a stop light asking how I liked it.  The other in the movies parking lot gave me two thumbs up like the Fonz.

I hear something from someone nearly every day, but it's almost always old men.  I've yet to receive a compliment by a remotely attractive girl though.  The Pussy Slayin Chariot is failing me horribly :facepalm:

:lol:

Mustang
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on November 21, 2012, 09:22:19 PM
New wheels look good, man.

Carport?  A man of your stature doesn't have a two-car garage?  :evildude:

Har, har. I like carports better than garages actually; lets the car dry off and don't have to wait for the door to open.

Laconian

SVT666

Those are excuses used by people who have never had a garage.  I have never waited for the door unless I forgot to push the button.   And my car is always dry in the morning...all the while being secure.

SVT666

I will never not have a garage ever again.

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT666 on November 24, 2012, 08:22:18 PM
Those are excuses used by people who have never had a garage.  I have never waited for the door unless I forgot to push the button.   And my car is always dry in the morning...all the while being secure.
:hesaid:

Sorry Joe, but I have to agree.  If you had a garage, you'd vastly prefer it to a carport.

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT666 on November 24, 2012, 08:22:56 PM
I will never not have a garage ever again.

I hope to always have a garage.  They really help in the winter.

GoCougs

Quote from: Laconian on November 24, 2012, 08:05:18 PM
Can't store stuff in a carport though!

Look at the 2nd pic on the previous page. You'll see the door open to the workshop I built that encloses the back third of the carport. Not as much storage as a 2-car garage but there is storage.

GoCougs

One thing for sure, I'm not building or converting to a garage and I'm not moving anytime soon.

CJ

Quote from: GoCougs on November 24, 2012, 09:22:30 PM
One thing for sure, I'm not building or converting to a garage and I'm not moving anytime soon.

And that's perfectly fine.  Your parking space suits you just perfectly, and you seem to have done just fine without the luxury of a garage. 

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on November 24, 2012, 08:38:42 PM
I hope to always have a garage.  They really help in the winter.

Thanks to Sandy, I'm at my parents' house, where one side of the garage is used for storage and one is reserved by my mom. My dad and I have to park in the driveway.  :devil: :lol:

hotrodalex

Quote from: TurboDan on November 24, 2012, 10:59:41 PM
Thanks to Sandy, I'm at my parents' house, where one side of the garage is used for storage and one is reserved by my mom. My dad and I have to park in the driveway.  :devil: :lol:

Our garage is filled with my dad's Camaro and assorted parts. Could probably build half a car with all the stuff in there.

TurboDan

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 25, 2012, 12:08:43 AM
Our garage is filled with my dad's Camaro and assorted parts. Could probably build half a car with all the stuff in there.

I can't complain to much. When I was a kid, they let me keep my first small boat in there all winter.  :lol: :ohyeah: