Possible next car.

Started by Northlands, March 18, 2012, 01:48:43 PM

SVT666

Northlands

Hmm.. some sort of message here. Perhaps my next car will be determined on how I am able to hold the steering wheel in an approved manner.  :nono:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

280Z Turbo

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

TurboDan

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to demonstrate Push to Start in the morning.  :mask:

93JC

Push to start? Pfff, that shit's lame unless it's a racecar.

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on March 28, 2012, 11:27:56 PM
My car is race car and doesn't have Push to Start.  I have to readjust my grip to start it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 93JC on March 28, 2012, 11:27:56 PM

It's okay, I listen to talk radio when I drive, too.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Speed_Racer

Mine has push-to-start. I have to push the key into the ignition to get it to start.

93JC

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 28, 2012, 11:38:45 PM

Meh, I barely listen to the radio. It was for illustrative purposes. Wasn't even paying attention.

SVT666

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 28, 2012, 11:38:45 PM
So do I.  Though lately I've had Disturbed blowing out my eardrums.

hotrodalex

68_427

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2012, 01:10:03 AM
So do I.  Though lately I've had Disturbed blowing out my eardrums.

Do you have the factory sub?
'racecar is die'
no

ifcar

Quote from: SVT666 on March 28, 2012, 08:58:19 PM
How to Start an SVT Focus

You should have just kept jabbing at it. I think you were on to something there.

SVT666

Quote from: 68_427 on March 29, 2012, 05:46:25 AM
Do you have the factory sub?
Fuck no.  I ripped it out and replaced it with a Clarion amp and two 10" Rockfords.

J86

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on March 28, 2012, 08:17:18 PM
My hand positions while driving:

Two hands on the wheel for Normal and Spirited Driving

One handed cruising:

One handed in light traffic.

Your hands are really high on the wheel, that's why you never touch the spokes.  Textbook 10 and 2.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

heelntoe

I didn't read the entire thread, but I'm with Raza on this one, my hands do touch the face of the spokes when I turn. Just today, I was cursing the steering mounted controls because it kept changing the radio station every time I took a left turn.

I'll get y'all some photos tomorrow and maybe even a start-up video. :lol:
@heelntoe

SVT666

WTF are you guys doing that you accidentally change the radio station when turning???

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2012, 01:00:40 PM
WTF are you guys doing that you accidentally change the radio station when turning???

Driving, man.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27009.msg1694564#msg1694564 date=1333049866
Driving, man.
Apparently you're rubbing one off while you're driving if this is such a problem.

heelntoe

Okay, admittedly, this had only been a problem in this particular car.

My normal grip is very similar to your light traffic grip only with both hands instead.
@heelntoe

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2012, 01:49:30 PM
Apparently you're rubbing one off while you're driving if this is such a problem.

You hold your hands really high on the wheel, I already told you this.  If I held at 10 and 2 (which is not recommended), then it wouldn't be an issue.  The reason I asked Mark whether or not he used 10 and 2 is for exactly this reason.  You don't hold it at 9 and 3, therefore it wouldn't be an issue for you.  Just like I don't get all pissy and upset when you say you need a car with trunk space for a double stroller.  It doesn't apply to me, since I don't need a double stroller.  I don't know why you're being so obtuse as to not understand that people do things differently from you.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27009.msg1694588#msg1694588 date=1333051545
You hold your hands really high on the wheel, I already told you this.  If I held at 10 and 2 (which is not recommended), then it wouldn't be an issue.  
Actually it is, and in most performance cars the steering wheel is shaped for it.

QuoteThe reason I asked Mark whether or not he used 10 and 2 is for exactly this reason.  You don't hold it at 9 and 3, therefore it wouldn't be an issue for you.  Just like I don't get all pissy and upset when you say you need a car with trunk space for a double stroller.  It doesn't apply to me, since I don't need a double stroller.  I don't know why you're being so obtuse as to not understand that people do things differently from you.  
I still can't figure out how you would hit the steering wheel controls no matter what position your hands were at.  Your hands shouldn't be on the spokes.  You need to make a YouTube video so we can see how this happens.

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on March 29, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
You hold your hands really high on the wheel, I already told you this.  If I held at 10 and 2 (which is not recommended), then it wouldn't be an issue.  The reason I asked Mark whether or not he used 10 and 2 is for exactly this reason.  You don't hold it at 9 and 3, therefore it wouldn't be an issue for you.  Just like I don't get all pissy and upset when you say you need a car with trunk space for a double stroller.  It doesn't apply to me, since I don't need a double stroller.  I don't know why you're being so obtuse as to not understand that people do things differently from you. 

The difference is I've never heard him say a car has a design flaw because it doesn't have room for a double stroller.