My new Whip.......

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, March 21, 2012, 03:46:20 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 21, 2012, 05:05:54 PM
That was V8 Bonnevilles. My car is rear drive.

Ah. My bad.  :ohyeah:

Quote from: 68_427 on March 21, 2012, 05:05:16 PM
I hope you are not serious.

I thought this thing was FWD.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MrH on March 21, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
...who cares? :huh:
I'm suprised GM has been able to keep the lid on the styling of the C7! We all know how long the Camaro was paraded around before going on sale!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

68_427

Quote from: MrH on March 21, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
...who cares? :huh:

It's been on the Corvette since '78, and give the Corvette excellent rear visibility.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 21, 2012, 05:07:44 PM
I'm suprised GM has been able to keep the lid on the styling of the C7! We all know how long the Camaro was paraded around before going on sale!

Maybe not.  Someone at Jalopnik said they saw and un camoed car at GM.  They used that info, then used it to render/draw what they think a ZR1 model might look like.

Since then GM said they might go back to the drawing board, and asked Jalopnik to take the pictures down.

Here's a toned down, more production ready version.

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Gotta-Qik-C7

GoCougs

Nice - I'm really liking white. Just turned in a white service loaner today - shows dirt but doesn't show minor nicks, scratches and scrapes (unlike my dark blue car I just bought)...

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: GoCougs on March 21, 2012, 06:28:38 PM
Nice - I'm really liking white. Just turned in a white service loaner today - shows dirt but doesn't show minor nicks, scratches and scrapes (unlike my dark blue car I just bought)...
Thanks! The car is a one owner trade for a new Maxima. And it has all the service records. It's not as fast as the Vette but it's damn quick for a car this size.

S204STi

Love these cars.  The best Pontiac ever built; too bad it was actually built by Holden, and it was the last good car branded a Pontiac, but still.  Love it.

2o6

New cars come in threes! First me, then Cougs, now Z28! Awesome car!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on March 21, 2012, 10:11:57 PM

You forgot about my VAN. What's the matter, scared of the torque converter crawl?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: S204STi on March 21, 2012, 10:08:27 PM
Love these cars.  The best Pontiac ever built; too bad it was actually built by Holden, and it was the last good car branded a Pontiac, but still.  Love it.
:cheers:
Quote from: 2o6 on March 21, 2012, 10:11:57 PM
:rockon:
Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 21, 2012, 10:36:39 PM
You forgot about my VAN. What's the matter, scared of the torque converter crawl?
:nono: This only applies to cars that are no more than 5 years old!  :lol:

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 21, 2012, 10:36:39 PM
That never gets old.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Awesome, awesome car. When you announced you got a new car, I expected you to get a CTS. This was a pleasant surprise.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on March 21, 2012, 09:38:22 PM
Thanks! The car is a one owner trade for a new Maxima. And it has all the service records. It's not as fast as the Vette but it's damn quick for a car this size.

By my research it's a virtual tie between the G8 GT and G37...   :devil:

Vinsanity

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 21, 2012, 10:56:56 PM
Awesome, awesome car. When you announced you got a new car, I expected you to get a CTS. This was a pleasant surprise.

Hey, now. A CTS would've been equally as awesome.

Colin

I've been driving its Aussie cousin - the Holden Sportwagon in SV6 guise. There's a plethora of different models available here, starting with the cooking 3.0 models, going up through the mildly heated up SV6 with its 3.6 litre engine and then (not in the rental fleets) the 6.0 litre SS models which would have been really cool to get. And then there are the HSV cars. Until a couple of months ago the Commodore range was the best selling car in Australia (it has now lost out to the Mazda 3!).

I liked the Sportwagon - 'twas a good rental device, far more interesting than a Camry! Shame about the vast numbers of speed cameras here which prevent you from enjoying it too much!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 21, 2012, 10:56:56 PM
Thanks!
Quote from: GoCougs on March 21, 2012, 11:02:13 PM
By my research it's a virtual tie between the G8 GT and G37...   :devil:
:mask:

FoMoJo

Nice car!  I see a few of them up here.  Retired GM workers (Oshawa) cashing in on their car bonus.  One of the few GMs I really like.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 22, 2012, 05:38:19 AM
Nice car!  I see a few of them up here.  Retired GM workers (Oshawa) cashing in on their car bonus.  One of the few GMs I really like.
Thanks. I don't see many of them here either. People keep asking me what kind of car is it? I think I'm gonna de-badge it so I won't have to see myself on every corner........
Quote from: Colin on March 22, 2012, 01:25:40 AM
I've been driving its Aussie cousin - the Holden Sportwagon in SV6 guise. There's a plethora of different models available here, starting with the cooking 3.0 models, going up through the mildly heated up SV6 with its 3.6 litre engine and then (not in the rental fleets) the 6.0 litre SS models which would have been really cool to get. And then there are the HSV cars. Until a couple of months ago the Commodore range was the best selling car in Australia (it has now lost out to the Mazda 3!).

I liked the Sportwagon - 'twas a good rental device, far more interesting than a Camry! Shame about the vast numbers of speed cameras here which prevent you from enjoying it too much!
I would have loved to have the station wagon version.

hotrodalex

The Ute version is the best. :ohyeah:

SVT_Power

Quote from: 68_427 on March 21, 2012, 05:14:57 PM
Maybe not.  Someone at Jalopnik said they saw and un camoed car at GM.  They used that info, then used it to render/draw what they think a ZR1 model might look like.

Since then GM said they might go back to the drawing board, and asked Jalopnik to take the pictures down.

Here's a toned down, more production ready version.

Haven't we concluded that those images aren't accurate yet?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

I don't think I could possibly like the C7 more than the C6, and I want a cheap C5.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Northlands

Nice machine, man. The color really works on that car. I'm sure this is the same model I saw on a lot a few days ago when I was looking at mileage misers. A hard car for me to walk away from.  :lol:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

r0tor

Nice choice on the new ride
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: r0tor on March 22, 2012, 12:46:13 PM
Nice choice on the new ride
Quote from: Northlands on March 22, 2012, 09:25:07 AM
Nice machine, man. The color really works on that car. I'm sure this is the same model I saw on a lot a few days ago when I was looking at mileage misers. A hard car for me to walk away from.  :lol:
:cheers: Thanks fellas! Im already ordering mods.

omicron

Vinsanity

Quote from: omicron on March 23, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
Good man! A fine choice.

Is it weird for you, seeing a faux-BMW grille on a Commodore with LHD?

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: omicron on March 23, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
Good man! A fine choice.
Thanks! I'm really liking this car but the Gauges for the Battery and oil pressure suck! 

omicron

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 23, 2012, 09:44:03 AM
Is it weird for you, seeing a faux-BMW grille on a Commodore with LHD?

I think the Pontiac nose looks marvellous!

omicron

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on March 23, 2012, 10:02:40 AM
Thanks! I'm really liking this car but the Gauges for the Battery and oil pressure suck! 

Oh, lord, those horrid red lines above the air vents? I don't blame you. Dreadful.