Retards vs. Motorcycles

Started by AutobahnSHO, April 03, 2012, 06:07:13 AM

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on April 05, 2012, 07:48:00 PM
It should irk them more than it does you.  If they end up crashing into the back of your car, who's going to be hurt?

Landy FTW.  :ohyeah:

Same way I feel about jet-ski people who try to fuck with me when I'm driving my boat.  :lol: :devil:

TurboDan

Quote from: bing_oh on April 04, 2012, 03:45:38 PM
This time of year is like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to motorcycle violations. The combination of a new crop of inexperienced riders getting their new bikes for the warm weather and older riders who seem to have forgotten everything they knew while it was cold makes motorcycle violations pretty common in the spring. The crotchrocket crowd seems to be the most common violators, but that's not exclusive.

Anecdotally, how many of the crotch rocket crowd try to flee?

bing_oh

Quote from: TurboDan on April 06, 2012, 02:34:37 AMAnecdotally, how many of the crotch rocket crowd try to flee?

It happens. And it's not unusual for us to be cleaning those same people off of the pavement with a scoop shovel and a firehose a few miles after we shut off the lights and siren.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: bing_oh on April 06, 2012, 08:09:45 AM
It happens. And it's not unusual for us to be cleaning those same people off of the pavement with a scoop shovel and a firehose a few miles after we shut off the lights and siren.
That's a scary thought. :mask:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

bing_oh

Quote from: thecarnut on April 06, 2012, 08:18:30 AMThat's a scary thought. :mask:

A sport bike that decides to run normally ends one of two ways...he gets away or the rider ends up as an organ donor (assuming there's enough of him to donate). That's the nature of the beast when you're talking about a bike that can push high 100's+. Best case scenario is the rider scares himself and stops before he ends up as street pizza.

shp4man

Quote from: bing_oh on April 06, 2012, 10:04:32 AM
A sport bike that decides to run normally ends one of two ways...he gets away or the rider ends up as an organ donor (assuming there's enough of him to donate). That's the nature of the beast when you're talking about a bike that can push high 100's+. Best case scenario is the rider scares himself and stops before he ends up as street pizza.

A few weeks ago as I was driving to work at about 70 MPH on the freeway, some dude on a sportbike blew by like I was standing still. He had to be doing at least 120-maybe more. To my amazement, a few seconds later a motorcycle cop on a BMW also blew by at about the same speed.
Five minutes later, I saw the cop had caught the dude and I guess he pulled over. Those motor officers have balls that clank, man.  :ohyeah:

The CHP ride these:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on April 06, 2012, 10:06:12 AM
A few weeks ago as I was driving to work at about 70 MPH on the freeway, some dude on a sportbike blew by like I was standing still. He had to be doing at least 120-maybe more. To my amazement, a few seconds later a motorcycle cop on a BMW also blew by at about the same speed.
Five minutes later, I saw the cop had caught the dude and I guess he pulled over. Those motor officers have balls that clank, man.  :ohyeah:

They both deserved to die.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

bing_oh

Quote from: shp4man on April 06, 2012, 10:06:12 AMA few weeks ago as I was driving to work at about 70 MPH on the freeway, some dude on a sportbike blew by like I was standing still. He had to be doing at least 120-maybe more. To my amazement, a few seconds later a motorcycle cop on a BMW also blew by at about the same speed.
Five minutes later, I saw the cop had caught the dude and I guess he pulled over. Those motor officers have balls that clank, man.  :ohyeah:

The CHP ride these:

I've seen some of the training that motor cops have...it's impressive and they're generally pretty damn good. I sure wouldn't do it, though.

MX793

The CHP ride these:

Those bikes can't be cheap.  Didn't realize any departments were using BMWs.  I know a lot of places have Harleys and it seems some places have been using Kawi Concourses for police duty.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

bing_oh

Quote from: MX793 on April 06, 2012, 10:51:51 AMThose bikes can't be cheap.  Didn't realize any departments were using BMWs.  I know a lot of places have Harleys and it seems some places have been using Kawi Concourses for police duty.

BMW's been into the police bike market for awhile now. I can't imagine they're any more expensive than a Harley police model.

MX793

Quote from: bing_oh on April 06, 2012, 11:01:27 AM
BMW's been into the police bike market for awhile now. I can't imagine they're any more expensive than a Harley police model.

Considering what full-dressed Harleys (Road Kings and Electra Glides) list for, probably not.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MX793 on April 06, 2012, 02:41:33 PM
Considering what full-dressed Harleys (Road Kings and Electra Glides) list for, probably not.
:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Cookie Monster

Crazy how a lot of those moto cop riders don't even wear full suits.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT_Power

I'm surprised a cop would do triple digits to chase down a motorcycle. That's a huge liability to the department to have bike cops doing triple digits for any reason...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

S204STi

Quote from: MX793 on April 06, 2012, 10:51:51 AM
Those bikes can't be cheap.  Didn't realize any departments were using BMWs.  I know a lot of places have Harleys and it seems some places have been using Kawi Concourses for police duty.

The local PD runs Kawi Concourses here.

S204STi

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 06, 2012, 05:56:10 PM
I'm surprised a cop would do triple digits to chase down a motorcycle. That's a huge liability to the department to have bike cops doing triple digits for any reason...

lol... you haven't ridden a bike at triple digit speeds I guess.  (-not as bad as it sounds).

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: S204STi on April 06, 2012, 09:51:19 PM
lol... you haven't ridden a bike at triple digit speeds I guess.  (-not as bad as it sounds).

Not bad until you crash... I assume.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: S204STi on April 06, 2012, 09:50:09 PM
The local PD runs Kawi Concourses here.

Those are awesome, fast, and cheap. Someone was smart.

S204STi

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 06, 2012, 09:52:33 PM
Not bad until you crash... I assume.

Right, but going 100+ doesn't mean you're going to.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: S204STi on April 06, 2012, 09:56:32 PM
Right, but going 100+ doesn't mean you're going to.

Based on my experience, the chances of crashing approach zero as speed approaches infinity.  :huh:

S204STi

The faster the better, then.

Secret Chimp

This is why I hate Harleys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qR2YC-GFuuw#t=272s
FUCKING GO JESUS CHRIST GO GO GO

Fucking old Harley-riding fucks ruined half of my runs on that road.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on April 06, 2012, 11:30:21 PM
This is why I hate Harleys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qR2YC-GFuuw#t=272s
FUCKING GO JESUS CHRIST GO GO GO

Fucking old Harley-riding fucks ruined half of my runs on that road.

I'm a gonna ride my mom's Harley up there. I'll make sure to scrape up the exhaust pipes and stuff. Who else would you expect to ride a cruiser like a crotch rocket?

S204STi

Part of why I'll probably never make the effort to drive that road.  There are so many similar routes near here that I don't need to compete with other people for.

hotrodalex

I was stuck behind a Harley going 35 on a fun twisty road yesterday. :lockedup:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on April 07, 2012, 10:14:13 AM
I was stuck behind a Harley going 35 on a fun twisty road yesterday. :lockedup:

pwn3d :evildude:

SVT_Power

Quote from: S204STi on April 06, 2012, 09:51:19 PM

I'm not talking about the ability or safety of a motorcycle at triple digits by itself. I've been told low speed riding is much harder than at speed.

Either way I haven't, but with the amount of ignorant drivers around especially on highways, it seems pretty likely that there will be some kind of accident. I see motorcyclists having to dodge cars once in a while, and considering I seem to have drivers try to change lanes and merge INTO my car probably once every couple of months on the highway, the chance of an accident seems likely. And if a motorcyclist comes into contact with a car at triple digits, I'm gonna assume they're most likely gonna die one way or another.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

AutobahnSHO

My first squad leader had a crotchrocket. In Germany. He was a big guy- like built, not blubber. He said upwards of about 180mph it became very difficult to hold on- the air tries to suck you off the bike and it was all he could do to hold on.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: bing_oh on April 06, 2012, 08:09:45 AM

My uncle was an EMT in Boise. He had many stories arriving to motorcycle wrecks, none of them pretty.
Will

Rupert

Except for that time a flower truck hit a Harley rider. That was kind of pretty. Flowers everywhere!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA