Retards vs. Motorcycles

Started by AutobahnSHO, April 03, 2012, 06:07:13 AM

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 07, 2012, 01:19:31 PM
My first squad leader had a crotchrocket. In Germany. He was a big guy- like built, not blubber. He said upwards of about 180mph it became very difficult to hold on- the air tries to suck you off the bike and it was all he could do to hold on.

So the key is to be a smaller guy - less air resistance!  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 07, 2012, 04:06:06 PM
So the key is to be a smaller guy - less air resistance!  :lol:

I guess. :huh:  But would the skinny guy have the sheer muscle to keep holding on?? (which was the point of mentioning his size.)
Will

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 07, 2012, 07:56:33 PM
I guess. :huh:  But would the skinny guy have the sheer muscle to keep holding on?? (which was the point of mentioning his size.)

Probably wanna be shorter if anything, tuck in behind the windshield (for lack of proper term) thing and the fairings tighter.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

Eye of the Tiger

sportyaccordy

Def gotta be careful.

I was up with wifey in Nyack today just chilling. Saw a grandma completely blow a stop sign through a busy street and almost get T-boned. Totally could have been us. People are fucking clueless, I hate people. But squids don't help. Sometimes I wonder, what is the purpose of a 9 second bike on the street... the whole thing is pretty bizarre. I can't lie though, whenever I have wifey on the back I wish I had more power. And my bike supposedly does 12s

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 07, 2012, 08:52:14 PM
Def gotta be careful.

I was up with wifey in Nyack today just chilling. Saw a grandma completely blow a stop sign through a busy street and almost get T-boned. Totally could have been us. People are fucking clueless, I hate people. But squids don't help. Sometimes I wonder, what is the purpose of a 9 second bike on the street... the whole thing is pretty bizarre. I can't lie though, whenever I have wifey on the back I wish I had more power. And my bike supposedly does 12s

If you want a fucking purpose, you had better be riding a Vespa. :rolleyes:

MX793

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 07, 2012, 08:52:14 PM
Def gotta be careful.

The rider and passenger of a bike make up a far larger percentage of the vehicle weight on a bike than a car.  Go 2-up and your performance takes a far greater hit than when you carry a passenger in a car.  Throwing the wife on the back probably increases your total weight by 16%, which is a 14% hit to power/weight.  You're also less likely to really whack the throttle hard when you have somebody on the back who might fall off if they aren't expecting it, so you're not going to extract maximum performance.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

sportyaccordy

Its more like... 23-25%  :mask:

But yea... I hope she will learn to ride one day