Lamborghini Urus Concept....

Started by 2o6, April 20, 2012, 07:21:06 AM

giant_mtb

Quote from: Hachee on April 20, 2012, 10:34:36 AM
I know I'm supposed to hate cars like this, but I can't help it - I like it.  But jeez, that marble looking shit inside has got to go.

I think the marble stuff is frickin' sweet.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 22, 2012, 09:33:19 PM
I think the marble stuff is frickin' sweet.

That's the best part of the interior.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

That doesn't look like marble. Too dark.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

I wonder if the interior really would have marble/granite.  In an accident, would you want to be surrounded by essentially pretty rocks?

cawimmer430

I think this concept looks stunning. Beautiful unique design.

But I'd never be interested in owning the real thing.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Quote from: veeman on April 23, 2012, 03:26:22 AM
I wonder if the interior really would have marble/granite.  In an accident, would you want to be surrounded by essentially pretty rocks?

Some of the German manufacturers offer granite and marble as an interior trim, offered through the individualization programs such as designo.

The trim is made by an Austrian company that supplies the superyacht industry. The rock is 1 or 2mm thick (it will easily break in an accident) on a honeycomb composite base. This Austrian company is the only one (at least it was a few years ago) in the world which can machine rock that thin in complicated forms.

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on April 22, 2012, 07:52:49 PM
No it doesn't. At least this looks like its own car.

Oh please.  This looks as much like a Murcielago as the Cayenne does a 911.  I love how people define design language based on the company putting out the product.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AltinD

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2012, 05:59:28 AM
Oh please.  This looks as much like a Murcielago as the Cayenne does a 911.  I love how people define design language based on the company putting out the product.

That's because it takes clues from the Avandador :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

veeman

Thanks Galaxy!!

That makes sense.  If the granite were as thick as kitchen tabletop granite it would also unnecessarily add to the weight of the car.

Lebowski

Terrible.

The X6 is also terrible IMO so comparisons there are not too redeeming.

2o6

I by no means think it looks bad (although the interior looks a little too spartan, save for the concept-y details) but I just find the fact that this thing will be absolutely useless off road, and severely compromised on road as well. The LM002 was as good off road, as the Countach was good on road. This will no doubt be a tarted up Touraeg with sexy styling and a big engine. (Which is the Cayenne, right?)

The Etsoque was at least a fast lambo sedan meant for on road.

This should not be made.

Raza

The Estoque was a good looking, if massive, concept, with a bad name.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on April 23, 2012, 10:33:04 AM
I by no means think it looks bad (although the interior looks a little too spartan, save for the concept-y details) but I just find the fact that this thing will be absolutely useless off road, and severely compromised on road as well. The LM002 was as good off road, as the Countach was good on road. This will no doubt be a tarted up Touraeg with sexy styling and a big engine. (Which is the Cayenne, right?)

The Etsoque was at least a fast lambo sedan meant for on road.

This should not be made.

hotrodalex

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2012, 12:05:18 PM
The Estoque was a good looking, if massive, concept, with a bad name.

What's wrong with Estoque?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MX793 on April 23, 2012, 07:16:18 PM
What's wrong with Estoque?

I might be wrong, but I believe it means 'killing sword" when referring to bullfights.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MX793

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 23, 2012, 07:25:23 PM
I might be wrong, but I believe it means 'killing sword" when referring to bullfights.

It is the name of the sword used in bullfighting (Espada is another name for a Spanish sword, and a Lambo model).  From the French "estoc", which was a long, edgeless sword designed for piercing armor in the Late Middle Ages.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Rupert

Quote from: Galaxy on April 23, 2012, 04:53:13 AM
Some of the German manufacturers offer granite and marble as an interior trim, offered through the individualization programs such as designo.

The trim is made by an Austrian company that supplies the superyacht industry. The rock is 1 or 2mm thick (it will easily break in an accident) on a honeycomb composite base. This Austrian company is the only one (at least it was a few years ago) in the world which can machine rock that thin in complicated forms.

Also not granite; also too dark.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27262.msg1708302#msg1708302 date=1335182368

Um, no.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MX793 on April 23, 2012, 07:35:38 PM
It is the name of the sword used in bullfighting (Espada is another name for a Spanish sword, and a Lambo model).  From the French "estoc", which was a long, edgeless sword designed for piercing armor in the Late Middle Ages.

I think there's a difference in purpose between the espada and the estoque in bullfighting: One is used during the fight, the other used only for the final kill.

Galaxy

Quote from: Rupert on April 23, 2012, 08:58:01 PM
Also not granite; also too dark.

It is a Gabbro from India, which is sold under the trade name Star Galaxy.

Do I get a cookie?  :lol:

i think it was you who, several years ago, told me that many rocks are sold as commercial granit, even if they are not granit from a petrological point of view.

Lebowski

Quote from: Galaxy on April 23, 2012, 04:53:13 AM

That looks like shit.

AltinD

I also don't like that particular texture at all.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Rupert

Quote from: Galaxy on April 24, 2012, 04:10:22 AM
It is a Gabbro from India, which is sold under the trade name Star Galaxy.

Do I get a cookie?  :lol:

i think it was you who, several years ago, told me that many rocks are sold as commercial granit, even if they are not granit from a petrological point of view.

Yes! Cookies for all! :lol:

(Actually, I can't confirm gabbro without seeing the rock, but it's certainly much much closer to gabbro than granite).

Yeah, granite is a very specific petrological classification, containing a large proportion of a particular type of feldspar (K-spar). Very few rocks that are called "granite" actually are, even in the realm of geology. Often, light-colored coarse-grained intrusive rocks, properly referred to by their actual name or as granitoids, are just lumped in as granite. To me, that's acceptable, but when people start calling dark-colored rocks or friggin' metamorphic rocks "granite," I just have to say something. :lol:

Marble is similar, but there is more variation in marble than there is in granite.

sportyaccordy

Good for Rambo. Its not bad at all for what it is, and what it is is hardly at odds with its brand or clientele.

The reason the Bentley XUWTF is so bad is because of how it completely disregards Bentley's history & legacy of class/understatement. Lambo has ever been classy/understated, and thats part of why Lambo was/is/will always be awesome. I actually thought the Gallardo/Murci were a little too tame

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 29, 2012, 07:28:05 AM
Good for Rambo. Its not bad at all for what it is, and what it is is hardly at odds with its brand or clientele.

The reason the Bentley XUWTF is so bad is because of how it completely disregards Bentley's history & legacy of class/understatement. Lambo has ever been classy/understated, and thats part of why Lambo was/is/will always be awesome. I actually thought the Gallardo/Murci were a little too tame

Bentleys haven't been classy or understated for a long time now. Probably because classy people don't drive around in fuck-you money cars anymore.