Your "fighting words"

Started by hounddog, April 29, 2012, 04:38:20 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 02, 2012, 05:20:19 AM
I know what rohan would say (to quote)...

:devil:  :lol:

It was 4 years ago to be fair, thought I'd deleted it as can't even remember what I said to piss him off...

Meh, who isn't prone to a bit of ThreatSPIN here and there - even relatively minor-minored MiataJohn after getting mega 'who'd' is prone to it.

GoCougs

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 01, 2012, 04:18:24 PM
Cockandieset

Now THAT had me spitting out a bit of my diet Pepsi with a 'lol'...

Lebowski

Lol when did miatajohn threaten anyone?

Byteme

Quote from: Lebowski on May 02, 2012, 12:12:38 PM

Who said I threatened anyone?   Certainly, no one of consequence around here. 

I'm not a threatening kind of guy.  That's why have no desire to pick a fight over name calling.  I might get my ass handed to meand then again I might not.  In either case I can't be bothered to find out.    :huh:

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on May 02, 2012, 12:12:38 PM

Now and again (albeit rare), and as all important qualifier, it was only against those of non-consequence.

But again, it's just ThreatSPIN, part and parcel of which is naturally self-limiting - those who engage are least likely to actually start a fight (= neither rohan nor MiataJohn will be starting a fight; for any reason or with anyone of any sex, age or physical prowess; for the obvious reason).

Lebowski

Quote from: MiataJohn on May 02, 2012, 01:12:25 PM
Who said I threatened anyone?   Certainly, no one of consequence around here. 

I'm not a threatening kind of guy.  That's why have no desire to pick a fight over name calling.  I might get my ass handed to meand then again I might not.  In either case I can't be bothered to find out.    :huh:

Read Cougs' post above. I agree doesn't sound like you. Honestly HD and randy are the only two ppl here prone to rage IMO.

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on May 02, 2012, 01:43:55 PM
Now and again (albeit rare), and as all important qualifier, it was only against those of non-consequence.

But again, it's just ThreatSPIN, part and parcel of which is naturally self-limiting - those who engage are least likely to actually start a fight (= neither rohan nor MiataJohn will be starting a fight; for any reason or with anyone of any sex, age or physical prowess; for the obvious reason).

I can hardly think of anyone here saying anything threatening, maybe I'm just misinterpreting.

SVT666

Quote from: Lebowski on May 02, 2012, 01:45:32 PM
Read Cougs' post above. I agree doesn't sound like you. Honestly HD and randy are the only two ppl here prone to rage IMO.
My posts become profanity laced whenever HD posts.  He replaced Cougs when I started ignoring him.  Now, I'm just going to start ignoring HD too.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on May 02, 2012, 01:47:23 PM
My posts become profanity laced whenever HD posts.  He replaced Cougs when I started ignoring him.  Now, I'm just going to start ignoring HD too.

Can you ignore this?

April 2012 sales figures:

Camaro: 9,627
Mustang: 7,801
Challenger: 4,102

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on May 02, 2012, 01:47:04 PM
I can hardly think of anyone here saying anything threatening, maybe I'm just misinterpreting.

Usually it is common that the offender has a better memory than the offendee; MiataJohn's admission of threats against those of "non-consequence" reinforces that. The specifics I'm sure he'll expand upon if he continues to be called out (I'm not too vested so am not too concerned). If he chooses to toe the line he's drawn for himself, it's not really a big deal.

Outside that, and all in all, maybe the 'SPIN should make a pact of not letting a thread get drawn into yet a gain another Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dum tag team scary-these-guys-are/were-LEOs crap fest.

Eye of the Tiger

My posts become profanity laced whenever HD posts.  He replaced Cougs when I started ignoring him.  Now, I'm just going to start ignoring HD too.

Welcome to the club.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

I swear a lot, but that's just me.

Remember that fratqueen jadewolf or something?  I'm pretty sure I made him cry once, begging me to stop implying that he was a closeted homosexual.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

Quote from: Lebowski on May 02, 2012, 01:45:32 PM

Can't.  He is on Lifetime Ignore.     :lol:

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27321.msg1713107#msg1713107 date=1335989437

Remember that fratqueen jadewolf or something?  I'm pretty sure I made him cry once, begging me to stop implying that he was a closeted homosexual.

lol, what happened?

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on May 02, 2012, 02:10:37 PM

Swearing != threatening.

Sometimes you have to tell someone they're a fucking idiot to get your point across.

hotrodalex

Quote from: GoCougs on May 02, 2012, 01:58:41 PM
Usually it is common that the offender has a better memory than the offendee; MiataJohn's admission of threats against those of "non-consequence" reinforces that. The specifics I'm sure he'll expand upon if he continues to be called out (I'm not too vested so am not too concerned). If he chooses to toe the line he's drawn for himself, it's not really a big deal.

The burden of proof is 100% on you. No one else seems to remember that happening.

GoCougs

Quote from: hotrodalex on May 02, 2012, 02:56:35 PM
The burden of proof is 100% on you. No one else seems to remember that happening.

That's not how Internetry works actually; his admission, his burden.

GoCougs

My posts become profanity laced whenever HD posts.  He replaced Cougs when I started ignoring him.  Now, I'm just going to start ignoring HD too.

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 02, 2012, 02:05:08 PM
Welcome to the club.

Quote from: MiataJohn on May 02, 2012, 02:12:53 PM
Can't.  He is on Lifetime Ignore.     :lol:

Ha, ha, didn't know I had such power and control over your guys' daily lives. (And I ain't even trying to do such a thing.)

EgoboostSPIN.

Tave

"No one of consequence" refers to "who said."
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on May 02, 2012, 03:50:02 PM
That's not how Internetry works actually; his admission, his burden.

You brought it up, you back it up.

hotrodalex

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

GoCougs

I made the allegation, MiataJohn confirmed. I don't see how the case isn't closed. (It is.)

hounddog

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 02, 2012, 02:05:08 PM
Welcome to the club.
:rolleyes:

Take Rupert with you both, add in svt666.  I am certain you will all be very happy together. 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Rupert

I'm not any more profane with you than anyone else, dingleknocker.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Raza

Fuck all you cunthammer cockknuckle assholemitersaws!  I am the most profane!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27321.msg1713900#msg1713900 date=1336093587
Fuck all you cunthammer cockknuckle assholemitersaws!  I am the most profane!
Fuck that, motherfucking dickdrill piece of cockwrench.