Time for a new car

Started by SVT666, May 03, 2012, 11:01:13 AM

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27350.msg1738791#msg1738791 date=1340556398
Camaro.
That made me LOL.

SVT666

It's still raining today, but I will take pictures as soon as I get home from my kids' swimming lessons.

CJ

Quote from: SVT666 on June 24, 2012, 11:01:05 AM
It's still raining today, but I will take pictures as soon as I get home from my kids' swimming lessons.

Why not take a picture with your mobile phone and put it on FB?

Vinsanity

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 24, 2012, 11:06:30 AM
CTS :lol:

You're such a Cadillac whore, man..... :lol:

How's your car doing, BTW?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

2009 Infiniti G37xS
Identical to the previous Infiniti I looked at but without NAV and lower mileage.

MX793

I thought you didn't want the lighter interior for fear of stains?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CALL_911

I thought you didn't want the beige interior?

Congrats, man. Great choice.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

Congratulations on the new car, man.  Too bad about the Focus. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Northlands

Nice car. Also one of my favorite sounding 6 cylinder engines.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Payman

Congrats! Now get rid of the Focus and build yourself a Factory Five.

Eye of the Tiger

Park the Focus in a barn and forget about it for 20 years.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Being worried about stains was paranoia speaking.  Besides it's impossible to find a different interior colour with the white exterior.

TurboDan

J86

Congrats on the new ride!  Nice car.

Lebowski

dazzleman

Congratulations, man.  Nice choice!  :rockon:  I've been thinking about a G37 also.

How was the drive from Vancouver?  What types of roads were you on, and how was the speed/handling combination?  What was your top speed, and how did it handle hills, curves, etc?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hotrodalex

I love that interior.

I hope that the front bumper is just dirty, not rock chipped to hell...

SVT666

Every last one of those specks are bugs.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Now vinyl wrap that roof black and tint the windows!      :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

J86

Quote from: SVT666 on June 24, 2012, 05:04:20 PM
Every last one of those specks are bugs.

So annoying.  Fighting those, especially in the summer, is such a Sisyphean task, however.

MX793

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on June 24, 2012, 05:19:11 PM
Now vinyl wrap that roof black and tint the windows!      :lol:

Vinyl?  How tacky.  On a car like that, only a beige felt faux-landau will do.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

I'm thinking about the black wrap.  I love how yours looks.

Vinsanity

Congrats! I happen to like the beige seats over black seats. Gives the interior a greater sense of depth. Regular application of leather conditioner and cleaner should keep it looking decent for a good few years (that's what I do, and it's helped the leather hold up pretty well).

Next...

Vinsanity

Quote from: dazzleman on June 24, 2012, 11:13:10 AM
You're such a Cadillac whore, man..... :lol:

How's your car doing, BTW?

Haha, it's kind of my duty to relish in everything Cadillac :mrcool:

The car's holding up pretty well. Closing in on 76k miles and still chugging along. Speaks appear every now and then from the body and interior, but the powertrain and drivetrain are as strong as ever. Exactly how my family's old '92 Seville was at 76k miles :mask:

How's the Bimmer doing?

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 24, 2012, 08:06:38 PM
Haha, it's kind of my duty to relish in everything Cadillac :mrcool:

The car's holding up pretty well. Closing in on 76k miles and still chugging along. Speaks appear every now and then from the body and interior, but the powertrain and drivetrain are as strong as ever. Exactly how my family's old '92 Seville was at 76k miles :mask:

How's the Bimmer doing?

The Bimmer is doing great.  I only have about 48K miles on it.

What year is your car?  76K is not a whole lot of miles.  IIRC, you commute to work by train now, so you can't indulge your need for speed on a daily basis.  What's the longest drive you ever took the Caddy on?

S204STi

Quote from: CJ on June 24, 2012, 11:05:33 AM

Why not take a picture with your mobile phone and put it on FB?

LOL

Vinsanity

Quote from: dazzleman on June 24, 2012, 08:08:23 PM
The Bimmer is doing great.  I only have about 48K miles on it.

What year is your car?  76K is not a whole lot of miles.  IIRC, you commute to work by train now, so you can't indulge your need for speed on a daily basis.  What's the longest drive you ever took the Caddy on?

The car's an '04, so it's doing just under 10k miles per year, but as of last week, my company relocated me to work out of an office that's a 20 minute drive from home, so I'm starting to get more bonding time with Caddy, and of course more opportunities for the occasional burst of speed :rockon:

The longest drive I've taken it on is the ~270 mile trip to Vegas about every year or so. And I avoid making even that drive because there are just too many damn cops along that route now. The GF mentioned maybe doing a road trip to the Grand Canyon this summer, though. That's about a 500 mile drive.

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 24, 2012, 08:21:33 PM
The car's an '04, so it's doing just under 10k miles per year, but as of last week, my company relocated me to work out of an office that's a 20 minute drive from home, so I'm starting to get more bonding time with Caddy, and of course more opportunities for the occasional burst of speed :rockon:

The longest drive I've taken it on is the ~270 mile trip to Vegas about every year or so. And I avoid making even that drive because there are just too many damn cops along that route now. The GF mentioned maybe doing a road trip to the Grand Canyon this summer, though. That's about a 500 mile drive.

That drive to Vegas must be pretty sweet.  I love a nice open road.  There are so few of them around here.

Are you happy with the move, or would you prefer to stay in the old office?