Possibly the most terrifying experience behind the wheel....

Started by 2o6, May 15, 2012, 08:20:03 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 17, 2012, 08:02:35 PM
My bigass tow package brakes work pretty well. If I haven't used them recently.

You should do the m0d where you toss out the smaller leading shoes and just replace them with the more biggerer trailing shoes.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Secret Chimp

I have learned by they made brake pedals wide enough for two feet...

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

Reminds me of my steel-rimmed bike's brakes in the rain.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 17, 2012, 10:55:55 PM
I have learned by they made brake pedals wide enough for two feet...

It's not that wide in a REAL car....
Will

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

rohan

You don't really say what type of area but we'll pretend the speed limit was 45- you were going 90mph if that's the case.  35->70.  I understand you wanted to get away from him but in most places you're still responsible for criminal and civil liability so it's not worth it.  You should've had the dispatcher give you directions to the closes PD or squad car.   The only problem for most people is many PD's and FD's aren't manned after normal business hours- most being most across the country.  Best bet in that situation is stay calm- drive safely- and contact the police with as much info as you possibly can.  Staying calm helps with the other 2- driving safe helps you stay calm and not hurt anyone else because the guys obviously wants you in front of him so there's no need to go super fast.  Other then the driving twice whatever the posted speed was it seems like you did fine.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle