FFR 818 revealed! New pics!

Started by Payman, June 10, 2012, 01:30:24 PM

SVT666

S204STi

I really want to build one of these and see if I can sell it at a profit.  Lots of tech-money around here, and a great track nearby.

Payman

Quote from: SVT666 on October 21, 2012, 12:19:22 AM
Pre-order it already.

LOL, they're not taking orders yet. They haven't even mentioned if it'll be available to Canadians yet.

2o6

*Skeptic Alert*

I wonder how well these things can hang with and be refined as a similarly priced and performance roadster? I'm all for building stuff from the ground up, but I'm lazy.  :lol:

SVT666

Factory Five's stuff is renowned for being very well engineered and very good handling.

SVT666

Their Cobra replicas outperform the original Cobra.

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on October 21, 2012, 01:19:49 PM
*Skeptic Alert*

I wonder how well these things can hang with and be refined as a similarly priced and performance roadster? I'm all for building stuff from the ground up, but I'm lazy.  :lol:

There's a rumour that the prototype beat the Viper ACR's time around VIR. If confirmed... holy fuck.

S204STi

Quote from: 2o6 on October 21, 2012, 01:19:49 PM
*Skeptic Alert*

I wonder how well these things can hang with and be refined as a similarly priced and performance roadster? I'm all for building stuff from the ground up, but I'm lazy.  :lol:

Do the math: less than a ton, and capable of anything from 230-350+hp.  This thing will scream.  Nothing in its price range (or much else, for that matter) will touch it.

2o6

Quote from: S204STi on October 21, 2012, 05:08:10 PM
Do the math: less than a ton, and capable of anything from 230-350+hp.  This thing will scream.  Nothing in its price range (or much else, for that matter) will touch it.

Yes, but not to sound like Cougs, they are using an old Impreza as the basis, which IIRC isn't the stiffest thing out there. They also don't have the manpower and R and D of a major company like VW.

I'm sure it will be great fun, though.

S204STi

Quote from: 2o6 on October 21, 2012, 05:11:58 PM
Yes, but not to sound like Cougs, they are using an old Impreza as the basis, which IIRC isn't the stiffest thing out there. They also don't have the manpower and R and D of a major company like VW.

:facepalm:

It's a fucking tube chassis, dude.  The only donor parts have nothing to do with the chassis.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on October 21, 2012, 05:11:58 PM

:facepalm:  It's a tube chassis.  Drivetrain is all that's Imprezza.

EDIT:  I was beat to it.

2o6

My bad, I was under the impreza it was using structural members.

S204STi

Quote from: SVT666 on October 21, 2012, 09:44:56 PM
:facepalm:  It's a tube chassis.  Drivetrain is all that's Imprezza.

EDIT:  I was beat to it.

Meh, the more the merrier on this one. :lol:

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Rockraven on October 20, 2012, 12:37:11 PM
Finished FFR 818R revealed today. Just to recap:

Kit cost is $9995
Used single donor... Subaru Impreza and WRX
Mid-engine, RWD
1800 lbs
Gelcoat body means zero prep and painting
Promises to be the easiest and fastest car to build in the industry
Both street and race versions can be built (depending on donor $$$) for less than a new Honda Fit.

You need this. Get one. And post a test drive and a build log.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

Can you build it if:

1.  The only tools you have are a hammer, a power screwdriver, a knife, and WD40?
2.  You are me?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27589.msg1797186#msg1797186 date=1351028986
Can you build it if:

1.  The only tools you have are a hammer, a power screwdriver, a knife, and WD40?
2.  You are me?

No. I'll let you let me build it in my shop, which I hope to have in a year or so.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)