Replacing the Accord - suggestions?

Started by Laconian, June 10, 2012, 02:37:35 PM

SVT666

TurboDan

The Factory Five is insanely good looking.

Laconian

Test drove this specific G37 Convertible:
http://www.infinitiofkirkland.com/new-infiniti-models/used-dealer/detail/2009-Infiniti-G37-Hardtop-Convertible/548/JNKCV66E39M723639/~/VehicleType_~Make_Infiniti~Model_G37~Price1_/3

Very pleased with it. Main positive points from the G37 Sedan I drove are intact except the non-Sport seats weren't quite as nice (no nonadjustible side bolsters.) Power is great. The low seating position inherited from the Coupe means I can do long sweeping corners harder without complaint. Looks fantastic with the top up or down. Only bad things about it were the high shoulder line (which are mitigated by good armrests), the severely raked A pillar looking like a concussion waiting to happen, some cowl shake, and slow PRHT operation.

I will go to the Mini dealer tomorrow and make a point to try a Cooper S on the freeway. I think I could get a bespoke Cooper S for the same price as this G37. I need to refresh my impressions to see if they compare. If not, then I'll probably go in for the kill on this G37.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

You didn't like the Fiat? Seems like it would be easier on your back.

Laconian

No, I've discovered that having well-shaped seats low to the ground is ideal for me. I can take a turn much faster when I don't feel the G forces as much.

2o6

I dunno man, I would do Abarth and never look back.

Laconian

I prefer AT now. Sad, but that's the reality for me at the moment.

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on September 15, 2012, 07:41:14 PM
I prefer AT now. Sad, but that's the reality for me at the moment.

your future

2o6

But since I brought it up; what about a Lexus CT?

Laconian

2o6

Laconian

I don't care about fuel consumption. Famous last words. :devil:

Laconian

Also, once in the sports sedan-ish range, it's pretty much a given that the cars have good seats.

Best seats for moving in a straight line were on the C70, but the car was underwhelming at everything else.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Fuck yeah to the G37. What's your ideal Cooper S like?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Laconian

Leather seats, AT, with the exterior color either BRG, red, or dark blue.

2o6

Laconian

Xer0

Quote from: 2o6 on September 15, 2012, 08:23:44 PM

I know that this car looks like ass and drives even worse, but in that picture it actually looks good.

850CSi

Quote from: TurboDan on September 01, 2012, 11:38:45 PM
Kevin's a smart dude, but I know plenty of people who have 3-5 year old 3ers and have no problems with them. OK, you might need a water pump at some point. But people talk about them like they're reliability disasters and I just don't hear that from people I know who have them.

7th birthday coming up in two months. No real issues other than the water pump and a wheel bearing.

Laconian