MrH's BRZ Thread

Started by MrH, June 24, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

r0tor

Remove the "suba" so your just left with "ru" on the back... That would be hella sweet
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

RUBRZ!  Sounds like your vanity plate was just handed to you on a platter, H.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Vinsanity

MrH

I was definitely going to get "LOL AWD" but $65/year is just a waste of money.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: Raza  on July 02, 2012, 01:45:28 PM

That's awesome.
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Quote from: Raza  on July 02, 2012, 01:45:28 PM

Exactly!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Will

MrH

Got moved up another 3 days :wtf:

Some people ordered in March and still don't have an ETA. No idea why I'm getting mine so fast.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

AutobahnSHO

Will

Galaxy

Quote from: Rockraven on July 01, 2012, 11:13:52 AM
It would be great to configure your car online, complete financing and insurance online at the same time, click on the shopping cart, and your car is delivered factory direct to your driveway in a few weeks.

It is almost like that in Germany, granted you still have to physically go to a dealership to sign papers, but they offer complete packages with insurance, financing etc, you can enter your data like down payment etc. directly into the configurator. The insurance is a bit more expensive then if you shop for deals yourself though. That they offer this to do with over half of the country being on company cars. The employer does not want to bother dealing with a separate company. They just want to pay a monthly amount to the car company and then simply get rid of the car in 3 years.

Galaxy

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 01, 2012, 02:21:22 PM
VW got in trouble a number of years back doing just that. Apparently for some reason, its against the law in many states for a car maker to sell their cars direct to the public.

Yeah, there was a thread here some time ago where this was discussed. It surprised me that this is the case in the free trade country. I guess the auto dealers have good lobbyists. It is quite normally in Germany for car makers to run their own dealerships, which they then run as a type of museum,  temple of worship.

Mercedes in Berlin for example.

280Z Turbo

That's how it should be here. Then we wouldn't have shady dealers with folksy commercials trying to screw people over. Corporate should have 100% control of the dealerships.

MrH

Meh, you can't have basically amusement parks for each brand like Germany does.  Population density here for most of the country doesn't allow that kind of investment.

If you mean truly free market, in a sense that's what dealerships here are.  Don't like one?  Go to another.  They compete on price and customer service with each other.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

hotrodalex

Free market would let dealerships be either independent or ran by the car company. They would compete on price and customer service with each other. (although in the end the company-owned dealers would win, since they could unfairly price the cars under what they charge the independent dealers. Some oversight would be necessary)

850CSi

Quote from: MrH on July 01, 2012, 06:34:25 PM
I was hoping you'd chime in. I think we're the only two who debadge here.

*raises hand slowly*

:mask:

I also lived in a state that required front plates. I think I got two tickets over a 5-year span. Easily worth it.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on July 03, 2012, 11:06:04 PM
*raises hand slowly*

:mask:

I also lived in a state that required front plates. I think I got two tickets over a 5-year span. Easily worth it.

(Debadging a base model doesn't count)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 03, 2012, 10:43:18 PM
Free market would let dealerships be either independent or ran by the car company. They would compete on price and customer service with each other. (although in the end the company-owned dealers would win, since they could unfairly price the cars under what they charge the independent dealers. Some oversight would be necessary)

So...is it free market or isn't it? The independent dealer would have to pull off the customer service niche, or offer service specials, or have a better location, or something. Because the whole idea of the free market proposal you seem to be floating is that the dealerships that no one would ever go to given the choice would fail.

MrH

Current sales of BRZ/FR-S:

Month      BRZ MTD     BRZ YTD     FRS MTD     FRS YTD
May 12         271                271                 86                  86
Jun 12          818               1089             2684              2770

Pretty clear they're making a ton more FR-Ss than BRZs.  And guess which is the only Subaru exclusive color between the twins?  World Rally Blue :rockon:

I was thinking maybe I should have gotten dark gray, but the blue is going to be something really rare.  All the other colors will have a lot of Scion versions in the same color around. 
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

68_427

Now if toy really want rare our a scion bumper on
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Quote from: ifcar on July 04, 2012, 09:30:55 AM
So...is it free market or isn't it? The independent dealer would have to pull off the customer service niche, or offer service specials, or have a better location, or something. Because the whole idea of the free market proposal you seem to be floating is that the dealerships that no one would ever go to given the choice would fail.

It would technically be free market, but could turn into the current situation in Europe unless the independent dealers found a way to win over customers.

280Z Turbo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 68_427 on July 04, 2012, 01:11:10 PM
Now if toy really want rare our a scion bumper on

What if scion really out bumper want toy rare
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MexicoCityM3

Huh?

And LOL RWD is worth it if you ask me.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

LonghornTX

Quote from: MrH on July 03, 2012, 09:31:29 AM
Meh, you can't have basically amusement parks for each brand like Germany does.  Population density here for most of the country doesn't allow that kind of investment.

If you mean truly free market, in a sense that's what dealerships here are.  Don't like one?  Go to another.  They compete on price and customer service with each other.
Franchise laws have definitely created a weird ecosystem of car dealerships here. Part of me would like that changed, since it would allow use to control our brand more directly and eliminate the number one thing that people dislike the most about cars (buying one from a salesman). Then again, who is to say there wouldn't be repercussions like those mentioned by you and Alex
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

LonghornTX

Quote from: MrH on July 04, 2012, 01:04:28 PM
Current sales of BRZ/FR-S:

Month      BRZ MTD     BRZ YTD     FRS MTD     FRS YTD
May 12         271                271                 86                  86
Jun 12          818               1089             2684              2770

Pretty clear they're making a ton more FR-Ss than BRZs.  And guess which is the only Subaru exclusive color between the twins?  World Rally Blue :rockon:

I was thinking maybe I should have gotten dark gray, but the blue is going to be something really rare.  All the other colors will have a lot of Scion versions in the same color around. 
Good choice on the blue. If I ever got a Subie, it would have to be World Rally Blue. BTW, I am jealous man, I am starting to really fall hard for these cars...
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

AutobahnSHO

That sucks that Yota is able to yank Fuji Heavy Industries around like that. Wonder if that is global sales?
Will