MrH's BRZ Thread

Started by MrH, June 24, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Raza

There was a gray BRZ at the movies last night.  You're no longer the only person trying to convince to get one of those.  My friend said "Come on, you have to get that.  That's as close to the Batmobile as you can get."

Very awesome car. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quote from: MrH on July 19, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
Lol that's awesome.

Found out another guy at our Detroit head quarters is an awesome car nut too. He has yet to drive the ring. We're going to ty and go for work this fall. Hopefully they got BRZ/gt86 to rent by then.

A friend just rented an Artega GT.  Awesome car.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27655.msg1752353#msg1752353 date=1342885927
There was a gray BRZ at the movies last night.  You're no longer the only person trying to convince to get one of those.  My friend said "Come on, you have to get that.  That's as close to the Batmobile as you can get."

Very awesome car. 

So stop Teutoning around with your MSC threads and get a BRZ already. You could probably sell a couple of watches and pay cash for one.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 21, 2012, 10:12:22 AM
So stop Teutoning around with your MSC threads and get a BRZ already. You could probably sell a couple of watches and pay cash for one.

Eh, fixed roof. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27655.msg1752364#msg1752364 date=1342889450
Eh, fixed roof. 

You're hopeless.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza  on July 21, 2012, 10:50:50 AM
Eh, fixed roof. 

You really don't seem like a sunshine and wind in the hair kind of guy.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on July 21, 2012, 12:11:10 PM
You really don't seem like a sunshine and wind in the hair kind of guy.

I know, right? And it sounds like he lives in a shitty area, therefore should be afraid of convertible tops being shredded.

280Z Turbo

Convertibles are for happy people.

Raza is not happy people.

Secret Chimp

I saw a very unhappy looking old guy driving a Bentley convertible the other day. It's possible, it just doesn't make sense to anyone else.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Laconian

Quote from: Secret Chimp on July 21, 2012, 12:48:32 PM
I saw a very unhappy looking old guy driving a Bentley convertible the other day. It's possible, it just doesn't make sense to anyone else.
Can't buy your way out of old.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on July 21, 2012, 12:51:23 PM
Can't buy your way out of old.

That's for sure.  And if you could, I don't think a Bentley would be the way to do it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

So Mike, how about an update on the new car's driving experience.

How many miles do you have on it now?  Are you through the break-in period yet, so you can really open this baby up?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

And have there been any pictures?  All I've seen so far are a bunch of unconfirmed, fuzzy videos, much like UFO footage. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

Quote from: dazzleman on July 21, 2012, 01:51:21 PM
So Mike, how about an update on the new car's driving experience.

How many miles do you have on it now?  Are you through the break-in period yet, so you can really open this baby up?

Not through the break in period yet.  I'm at 950 miles, so I'll have it broken in by Tuesday probably.  I did get it up to 5500 RPM a couple of times today though.  I drove to the middle of Pennsylvania and back this weekend.  Highlight included about a 40 minute stretch through back roads that were heavily wooded.  Just a ton of blind corners, had to rely on the GPS to really have an idea of what was coming up :lol:.

So far, I absolutely adore the car.  I was worried after I had ordered it, but before it had gotten in, that I was going to regret buying it.  But I don't one bit.  I haven't seen a car on the road since I've had it that I would rather have.  It's absolutely gorgeous, and unbelievably tight to drive.  All other cars just feel so inaccurate.  Hands down the perfect daily driver for me.  I haven't ever enjoyed a car this much, and so far I've just be puttin around under 4k RPM.  I think I've washed it 4 times already.

The car truly is something special to say the least.  The reactions I get from people are just unbelievable too.  Driving through NE Ohio today, some black guy was hangin out of a beat up, Oldsmobile just going nuts.  Big thumbs up, rubber necking, trying to see my car from every angle.  Every time we stopped for a quick bite to eat, people would be taking cell phone pictures of it in the parking lot.  Some random guy in my neighborhood pulled up, so excited to see one.  Every time I've come out to my car either to go to lunch or leave for home from work, there's some coworker looking at it.

And to think I never even once got a thumbs up in the Miata :lol:

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow during work.  I plan on changing the oil sometime this week, and then I'll likely take it up to Detroit on Thursday night for work and a tournament this weekend.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

I get a "nice car" every now and then for the 944. A few weeks ago, I got one from a stopped car while I was making a left turn quickly. Feelsgoodman.

Also, time to change your sig!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MrH

I'll whip something up in Photoshop tomorrow at work.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on July 22, 2012, 11:11:42 PM
Get a Chimpsig.

That's like asking da Vinci to create another Mona Lisa.  Not sure if I could place that burden on him.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

MrH

These were prior to detailing and it was overcast.  If it gets nice and sunny out, I might go take a few more.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Raza

Looks great dude.  I still would have gotten gray though.  ;)

How is the gas pedal?  Is it light or touchy? 

Also, that seems like a nice neighborhood.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

Those pictures outside are at my parent's house.  That explains the nice neighborhood :lol:

Gas pedal is a little light, nothing too strange though.  My biggest complaint about it is the clutch.  The friction point is at the absolute of top of the pedal travel.  I've gotten used to moving from a stop just fine, but when shifting fast, I still don't have the timing down to make everything silky smooth because the friction point is so weird.

This can all be fixed apparently.  A few wrenches and hanging upside down in the footwell for a half hour and it'll be fixed.  I'll probably do it today.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

sportyaccordy

Damn that looks really good

I still can't get past those wheels though

But that shiz looks awesome

Raza

Quote from: MrH on July 23, 2012, 08:31:57 AM
Those pictures outside are at my parent's house.  That explains the nice neighborhood :lol:

Gas pedal is a little light, nothing too strange though.  My biggest complaint about it is the clutch.  The friction point is at the absolute of top of the pedal travel.  I've gotten used to moving from a stop just fine, but when shifting fast, I still don't have the timing down to make everything silky smooth because the friction point is so weird.

This can all be fixed apparently.  A few wrenches and hanging upside down in the footwell for a half hour and it'll be fixed.  I'll probably do it today.

Cool.  The friction point at the top is good and bad, right?  It can make launching strange, but your shifts faster, since you don't have to put the pedal all the way to the floor to get the clutch to engage.

Here's a question for you about the gas pedal.  If you rest your foot on it, not pressing, do the revs shoot up or stay relatively flat?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Open the window. I need more BReeZe in here.

CJ

I had a dream last night that I drove your BRZ.  In Kansas.  And then I got mad since my family and friends were in Germany and I wasn't.

MrH

There, new signature.  Is that better?  I'll update it with one of my own pics once i get something good :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

2o6

MrH

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 23, 2012, 08:48:36 AM
Damn that looks really good

I still can't get past those wheels though

But that shiz looks awesome

Any wheel suggestions?  What would you put on it?

I'm thinking about using these are my winter wheels, and running BBS wheels for my summer setup.

Quote from: Raza  on July 23, 2012, 08:53:59 AM
Cool.  The friction point at the top is good and bad, right?  It can make launching strange, but your shifts faster, since you don't have to put the pedal all the way to the floor to get the clutch to engage.

Here's a question for you about the gas pedal.  If you rest your foot on it, not pressing, do the revs shoot up or stay relatively flat?

No, the friction at the top is always bad.  The Miata's was right off the floor, so I got in the habit of getting back on the gas right after engagement, but probably a hair before it was completely out.  Now, it's the opposite, where I don't really have to punch it all the way to the floor.  I'm already in the habit of it, but I keep getting on the gas just barely before I'm completely engaged again.  Keep getting a quick little jerk when I'm trying to shift fast.  In the miata, I was buttery smooth every time with quick shifts.

It's all adjustable apparently.  Just need to spend the time to get it right (friction point at the right spot, but clutch is fully engaged when the clutch pedal is all the way out, and completely disengaged when the pedal is all the way in).  I'll report back when I get it done.

I'm working from home today because the power was out at work.  I'm about to go pick up a prescription from the Dr.  That's about 4 miles away :devil:  It'll be a fun drive back.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R