I feel like Wimmer reading people's comments on the BRFS

Started by sportyaccordy, June 26, 2012, 09:34:13 PM

sportyaccordy

If you want a Mustang, buy a fucking Mustang.

If you want a turbo, buy a fucking turbocharged car.

Only the biggest idiot on the planet would say, "$30K for a Camry V6? Why get that, when I can get a Mustang V8"

People are so fucking stupid, its incredible. The way these people talk, someone should just strap a twincharged LS9 to a Radio Flyer on Bilstein coilovers and SLA suspensions.

And the WORST part. My lord. The WORST part is, NONE of these armchair jockeys are in the position to even BUY the damn thing, even if it WAS everything they wanted. I mean if the '11+ Mustang GT is the answer to every automotive question, why the FUCK don't you own one?????????????

That is not even to take anything away from the Rustang, or the WRX, or the Camry V6. It's just so stupid. "You know what would make this steak better? If it was a bowl of curly fries" :facepalm:

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

68_427

Lettus be cereal here, each of those car listed is better than the BRZ.  Now if the BRZ was turbocharged it would be more competitive.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

El Camino is the answer to everything.

And it might be turbocharged in the future. Maybe I'll put a few Mustang badges on it too. Because Mustangs rock.

Vinsanity

Wow. The V6 Camry is only like $400 more than a Scion FR-S on carsdirect.

280Z Turbo

Does anyone know where I can locate said radio flyer? I'm interested in buying it.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 26, 2012, 09:35:35 PM
I hereby christen this "The Strawman Thread."
Sorry. I was reading comments from the new review on the site we don't name by name. Its nobody here, at least to the extent that these idiots were going at.

MrH

Hahaha I have no idea what website you're even talking about.  I appreciated the rant though.

The Radio Flyer bit had me laughing though.  "Never mind how it drives, just look at the damn SPECSSSS!!!!"
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Onslaught

You should try having a miata then. Not only is it slow and underpowered to these same people but it's a gay car too.

S204STi

PEOPLE CRITICIZE MY FAVORITE CAR SO I YELL ABOUT IT ON THE INTERWEBZ

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Onslaught on June 27, 2012, 06:26:51 AM
You should try having a miata then. Not only is it slow and underpowered to these same people but it's a gay car too.
"Why buy a Miata, when I could just strap 2 LS7s to a forklift"
Quote from: S204STi on June 27, 2012, 06:38:51 AM
PEOPLE CRITICIZE MY FAVORITE CAR SO I YELL ABOUT IT ON THE INTERWEBZ
Think about how stupid this sounds... "they should make the WRX naturally aspirated. And RWD. And a coupe. And brand it something other than a Subaru". Eventually you might as well just look at another car, rather than completely change what a car is about.

Though I DO remember folks laughing at me when I said the Miata would benefit greatly from having a fixed roof 2+2 variant. It made sense, because there was nothing like it, until now. People wanting the BFRS to be a Mustang or WRX makes no sense, because the Mustang and WRX already exist! I bet Mazda is kicking themselves now, because they were so adamant against expanding the Miata line, despite the success of the Mini line and the near zero development cost they would have had to do to do this. Oh well.

Quote from: MrH on June 27, 2012, 06:10:02 AM
Hahaha I have no idea what website you're even talking about.  I appreciated the rant though.

The Radio Flyer bit had me laughing though.  "Never mind how it drives, just look at the damn SPECSSSS!!!!"
Well, if you can't afford + have no plans to ever drive a car, it's a lot easier to make ridiculous demands. But the BRFZ has really sent the internet car executive board into a foam mouthed frenzy. People just don't get it

S204STi

S204STi

From my end of the discussion, if you can call it that, this is pretty much what it sounds like: (Your camp = all the BRZ apologists who simply can't think of a single way to improve the car; my camp = all the people who think IT'S A GREAT CAR in need of some improvements.)

My camp: "I think it could use more power.  How about offering a turbo?"

Your camp: "What kind of dumb fucking jerk, don't you know they already make the WRX?  If you want a fucking turbo buy one of those, unthusiast retard cunt!  What the fuck is wrong with you?"

My camp: "Uh...that's not what I said, but..."

Your camp: "Blah blah blah PURITY OF ESSENCE. RESPONSE. HANDLING."

My camp: "You can't have both power and response/handling?  Hmm..."

Your camp: "Christ what a moron, comparing the BRZ to a Mustang.  "

My camp: "Yeah, never really did that... thanks for the straw man though."

Your camp: "God I just want to give up on you so-called enthusiasts, it makes me sick!"

My camp: "Ok, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 27, 2012, 06:58:11 AM
Though I DO remember folks laughing at me when I said the Miata would benefit greatly from having a fixed roof 2+2 variant. It made sense, because there was nothing like it, until now. People wanting the BFRS to be a Mustang or WRX makes no sense, because the Mustang and WRX already exist! I bet Mazda is kicking themselves now, because they were so adamant against expanding the Miata line, despite the success of the Mini line and the near zero development cost they would have had to do to do this. Oh well.

Yeah, because it doesn't make any sense to call it a Miata.  And there is no Miata line, there's a Mazda line. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: S204STi on June 27, 2012, 07:38:06 AM
From my end of the discussion, if you can call it that, this is pretty much what it sounds like: (Your camp = all the BRZ apologists who simply can't think of a single way to improve the car; my camp = all the people who think IT'S A GREAT CAR in need of some improvements.)
The car has been out all of a couple of months, and is very similar in spec to a lot of GREAT cars (E30 M3, ITR, S2000). How are you so certain it has to be "improved"?

What you don't get is this is the product of a lot of necessary compromise. Could they have given it more power? Sure. But then it would cost more, or be heavier, or not have the same feel. You don't think if they could have got more power, while making emissions, not adding cost/complexity, or further compromising the low/midrange they wouldn't? This thing makes 100HP/L, that is pretty respectable IMO.

They sought out to make a simple, affordable car with adequate performance, but more importantly good feel and a rewarding + engaging driving experience. And they succeeded in a big way. How would more cost, complexity, and prob weight do anything to aid in the car's goal? The rip-snorting heavy-handed super horsepower beast is exactly the OPPOSITE of what this car is supposed to be. Like I said, if you want a WRX, buy a WRX, but don't try to make every car a WRX. Different strokes man.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on June 27, 2012, 07:38:23 AM
Yeah, because it doesn't make any sense to call it a Miata.  And there is no Miata line, there's a Mazda line. 
You do realize cars can have more than one body style under one marque? The 300ZX had SWB, LWB, and convertible versions. The 240SX had a hatch, coupe, and convertible. 3 series has coupe, wagon, sedan, convertible and nuclear apocalypse amphibian. Nobody balked when they decided to expand the marques' body style range; I don't see why anyone would turn away what would essentially be a Miata BRZ.

S204STi

Blah blah blah straw man.  Just get over the fact that not everybody is totally stoked about the car in its current form.  Jeezus...

Onslaught

Mazda did make a miata coupe. But they never sold it in the US. If they had then I'd own one right now. Big mistake if you ask me.

I'd even think of importing one if I could find one. Then put the wheel in the right place.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

I nominate this as the "Dumbest Thread of the Year".

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

Rename it the "Official Bitch About Other Opinions Thread" and you, ChrisV, Wimmer, and Cougs will have a place to hang out.

Cookie Monster

If Mazda made a coupe version of the Miata I'd have one right now instead of my ragtop.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Northlands

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

SVT666

Toyota will bring two special GT86 (the third variant of the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ available in North America) coupes to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend. These include the 315-horspower GRMN Sports FR Concept and the GT86 TRD.

The former is perhaps more interesting, as it gets a 115-horsepower bump by way of both a turbo and supercharger, AutoCar revealed. Built by tuner and race team Gazoo Racing, it also more than doubles the standard car?s 151lb-ft of torque to 311. The car is street-legal, but its modifications are meant to be used on the track. There is a roll cage inside, along with a harder-edged suspension and beefed-up brakes.

The rolling stock includes 245/40-18 front and 265/35-18 rear tires wrapping larger, 18-inch wheels. The exhaust system is new as well, and the body gets outfitted with a huge rear wing, new front and rear fascias and side moldings.

A special exhaust system has also been fitted by Gazoo Racing, as have new 18-inch alloys wrapped in 245/40 R18 tyres at the front and 265/35 R18s at the rear.

The other model, the GT86 TRD, will be an accessorized version of the car, with Toyota?s U.K. dealers for the first time offering Toyota Racing Development (TRD) upgrades. Again according to AutoCar, the car equipped with all of the TRD accessories and all other available options will likely be limited to just 86 examples and likely cost a monster ?40,000 (about $62,400 in the straight conversion), or ?15,000 more than the standard GT86.

The add-on TRD pieces include 225/40 R18 Dunlop Sport Maxx tires on unique rims, larger brake discs and calipers, a throatier exhaust, a full body kit, and TRD badges. The engine gets only different oil and air filters, with the added power just pushing the total output to a smidgen over 200 horsepower.

Inside, the manual shifter gets a short-throw kit and there are more TRD badges.

The car will be released in the U.K. sometime in 2013.