Best-selling cars of June 2012

Started by ifcar, July 03, 2012, 01:13:28 PM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: GoCougs on July 05, 2012, 10:40:31 PM
Performance is what I want it to be.
Scores and scores of magazines, race organizations and more credible enthusiasts disagree. Your automotive/enthusiast resume is pretty weak, its a wonder people engage you in these conversations at all.

GoCougs

Quote from: Madman on July 05, 2012, 11:56:25 PM

The Altima she bought was used.

A used Altima is better for her than a used 3er; less maintenance, less repairs, more space, more comfort.

MrH

Quote from: Lebowski on July 06, 2012, 05:15:55 AM
This explains a lot.  I have long thought that the part of your brain that controls logic must have exploded at some point in your past.

:lol: :clap:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on July 05, 2012, 11:47:04 PM
Actually, IMO the "logic" is the irony that girls tend to be more logical on automotive choices than men. For her, a new Altima is definitely a better choice than a used E46.

Not when the E46 is already paid for. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: TurboDan on July 05, 2012, 10:31:50 PM
Yeah, and U.S. Army deuce and a half is even better. Just because another vehicle exists that is more capable of doing something doesn't mean another shouldn't be respected? Why would one sacrifice ride quality and fit and finish to buy a vehicle capable of doing things they'll never do unless they have to? Why wouldn't someone "respect" a Ridgeline? Perhaps because they have some kind of hillbilly-ish romanticism towards domestic pickups combined with little man syndrome, but I digress...

The Ridgeline is perfectly capable in 90% of offroad situations, including beach/soft sand driving, green lanes and a reasonable level of mud situations. And its fit and finish, driveability and overall quality is head over heels better than most other pickups.
lulz if you think off road driving is driving on the beach... any FWD would do that anyways.

In fact, here's an Accord doing some "real" off roading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTmsMOfPMA
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

ifcar

Best-selling cars by class (asterisks denote a new winner compared to the previous month):

Subcompact cars: Kia Soul
Compact cars: Honda Civic
Midsize cars: Toyota Camry
Large cars: Chevrolet Impala
Entry-luxury cars: BMW 3-Series*
Luxury cars: Mercedes-Benz E-Class*
Compact crossovers/SUVs: Ford Escape*
Midsize crossovers/SUVs: Chevrolet Equinox
Large crossovers: Ford Explorer
Large SUVs: Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban
Entry-luxury crossovers/SUVs: Lexus RX
Luxury crossovers/SUVs: BMW X5
Minivans and vans: Ford E-Series*
Pickups: Ford F-Series

Full top-10 sales charts for each class at link:
http://www.examiner.com/article/best-selling-cars-of-june-2012-and-the-first-half-of-2012-by-class

afty

At the risk of reopening the Camry vs. A4 can of worms, the space difference is significant for those of us who have kids.  Have you seen how big car seats are these days?  When they are rear-facing (which they are supposed to be up to age 2), you need a tremendous amount of space in the rear seat to mount them without making the front seat uninhabitable for people with legs.  For example, Inside Line had trouble fitting a rear-facing car seat into a 2012 Explorer, a gigantic car if there ever was one.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on July 05, 2012, 09:38:56 PM
What? It's a Pilot with a bed. It has the same useless "Real-time AWD" as other Honda models. It's unitbody, and when the rear wheels aren't on, it's usually in FWD mode. The engine is transverse mounted. It's easier to drive than a Full-size truck, but it loses almost all capability; fuel economy is about the same as most full-size pickups but it can't tow or haul like they can.

The AWD system seems to fulfill its purpose just fine, assuming you don't try to rock crawl it; and I wonder what having the engine transverse mounted means one way or the other.

The Ridgeline's stats are close in line with the light duty versions of the F-150, which was all it was ever intended to do anyways.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 07, 2012, 01:23:25 AM
The AWD system seems to fulfill its purpose just fine, assuming you don't try to rock crawl it; and I wonder what having the engine transverse mounted means one way or the other.

The Ridgeline's stats are close in line with the light duty versions of the F-150, which was all it was ever intended to do anyways.

I'm not going to lie, I don't mind the Ridgeline, but as a pure value proposition something in my brain just doesn't jive with the Ridgeline.

TurboDan

Quote from: thecarnut on July 06, 2012, 12:01:48 PM
lulz if you think off road driving is driving on the beach... any FWD would do that anyways.

You absolutely cannot ride on soft sand in an FWD vehicle. Not at all.

And no, the hard sand at Daytona Beach is not what I'm talking about.