OH MY G*D!

Started by cawimmer430, October 22, 2005, 10:17:26 AM

cawimmer430

I want this thing so badyl!

Friggin hot in white!!!!

But I'd remove those dumb chrome strips around the front lights...
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Sweet...I guess. ^_^

Raghavan

MX793

I've found, after seeing a few new SLKs in person, that pictures really don't do those cars justice.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raghavan

QuoteI've found, after seeing a few new SLKs in person, that pictures really don't do those cars justice.
They do look nice, but i'm just turned away from the car because they don't offer a manual on the AMG.

cozmik

QuoteI've found, after seeing a few new SLKs in person, that pictures really don't do those cars justice.
They really don't. It's like a completely different car in person, everything looks better than it already does. Then you get behind the wheel and it gets better still...

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

Quote:drool:
No drooling on the forums! :angry:  :lol:  

Submariner

Chris, you're ok with it having more than 100 horsepower and a petrol engine? <_<  :lol:  :lol:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Secret Chimp

You don't need to star out the O in "God," if he gives a shit it's more or less the same sentiment =P

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

QuoteYou don't need to star out the O in "God," if he gives a shit it's more or less the same sentiment =P
I know it's a Jewish thing, but I didn't think Chistian was Jewish.

In any case, very nice.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteYou don't need to star out the O in "God," if he gives a shit it's more or less the same sentiment =P

In any case, very nice.
Jews typically write it like this "G-d."  Chris is not Jewish, but his father is, so maybe thats why he did it.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

In any case, very nice.
Jews typically write it like this "G-d."  Chris is not Jewish, but his father is, so maybe thats why he did it.
Is it because Jews can't say God?

Raza

In any case, very nice.
They're not supposed to write the name of god on anything that might be destroyed or thrown out.  And they can't say the true name of god, so they substitute "Adonai" for "Yahweh", if I recall correctly.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

In any case, very nice.
You can say it, but (only according to some people in Jewish law) you cant write it.  In Judaism, god has many many names, and some people say that "god" is one of them, so thats why you write a dash.

:)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

In any case, very nice.
You can say it, but (only according to some people in Jewish law) you cant write it.  In Judaism, god has many many names, and some people say that "god" is one of them, so thats why you write a dash.

But you just wrote it out now...

BMWDave

In any case, very nice.

Like I said, not everyone says that you have to write it with a dash.  There are many conflicting opinions.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

In any case, very nice.

Like I said, not everyone says that you have to write it with a dash.  There are many conflicting opinions.
I see. When i asked my Jewish friend a long time ago what the Jewish god's name was, he said that he couldn't say it, and i was like WTF...

JYODER240

In any case, very nice.

I see. When i asked my Jewish friend a long time ago what the Jewish god's name was, he said that he couldn't say it, and i was like WTF...
I hope im not offending anyone but that makes no sense to me. Why cant you say your gods name?  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

In any case, very nice.

I hope im not offending anyone but that makes no sense to me. Why cant you say your gods name?
I don't know. That's what i want to know too. Dave, where are ya?

BMWDave

Youre not offending anyone, I'm not a religious wacko or anything like that.  

According to Judaism, God has 72 names.  Many are kabbalistic, and we dont know them.  Many however, can be pronounced, since they have other connontations as well.  The only one that may not be pronounced is the tetragammation.

The tetragammation (gods four letter name) was only pronounced in the Temple in Jerusalem by the Kohanim, when his presence was there.  It is gods most sacred name, and no one knows exactly how to pronounce it (in temple times, it was taught once every seven years to worthy students).

Because of all that this one name of God represents, you cannot pronounce it as it is written.

But most names of god that we now know can be pronounced.  Elokim means judges and officers in Hebrew, so since it has a different connonation, you can read that.

Just trying to explain :)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteYoure not offending anyone, I'm not a religious wacko or anything like that.  

According to Judaism, God has 72 names.  Many are kabbalistic, and we dont know them.  Many however, can be pronounced, since they have other connontations as well.  The only one that may not be pronounced is the tetragammation.

The tetragammation (gods four letter name) was only pronounced in the Temple in Jerusalem by the Kohanim, when his presence was there.  It is gods most sacred name, and no one knows exactly how to pronounce it (in temple times, it was taught once every seven years to worthy students).

Because of all that this one name of God represents, you cannot pronounce it as it is written.

But most names of god that we now know can be pronounced.  Elokim means judges and officers in Hebrew, so since it has a different connonation, you can read that.

72 names???? :o
Judaism is very confusing.

BMWDave

QuoteYoure not offending anyone, I'm not a religious wacko or anything like that. 

According to Judaism, God has 72 names.  Many are kabbalistic, and we dont know them.  Many however, can be pronounced, since they have other connontations as well.  The only one that may not be pronounced is the tetragammation.

The tetragammation (gods four letter name) was only pronounced in the Temple in Jerusalem by the Kohanim, when his presence was there.  It is gods most sacred name, and no one knows exactly how to pronounce it (in temple times, it was taught once every seven years to worthy students).

But most names of god that we now know can be pronounced.  Elokim means judges and officers in Hebrew, so since it has a different connonation, you can read that.

It is very complicated.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteYoure not offending anyone, I'm not a religious wacko or anything like that.?

According to Judaism, God has 72 names.? Many are kabbalistic, and we dont know them.? Many however, can be pronounced, since they have other connontations as well.? The only one that may not be pronounced is the tetragammation.

The tetragammation (gods four letter name) was only pronounced in the Temple in Jerusalem by the Kohanim, when his presence was there.? It is gods most sacred name, and no one knows exactly how to pronounce it (in temple times, it was taught once every seven years to worthy students).

But most names of god that we now know can be pronounced.? Elokim means judges and officers in Hebrew, so since it has a different connonation, you can read that.

It is very complicated.
Do you have to practice it every day though?

BMWDave

QuoteYoure not offending anyone, I'm not a religious wacko or anything like that.?

According to Judaism, God has 72 names.? Many are kabbalistic, and we dont know them.? Many however, can be pronounced, since they have other connontations as well.? The only one that may not be pronounced is the tetragammation.

The tetragammation (gods four letter name) was only pronounced in the Temple in Jerusalem by the Kohanim, when his presence was there.? It is gods most sacred name, and no one knows exactly how to pronounce it (in temple times, it was taught once every seven years to worthy students).

But most names of god that we now know can be pronounced.? Elokim means judges and officers in Hebrew, so since it has a different connonation, you can read that.

It is very complicated.
Yup.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

It is very complicated.
Yup.
What do ya do?

BMWDave

It is very complicated.
Yup.
What do ya do?
Its really too much to explain "what I do everyday".  You should do a Google search on Judaism, it'll explain a lot more quickly than I am able to :)

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

It is very complicated.
Yup.
What do ya do?
Its really too much to explain "what I do everyday".  You should do a Google search on Judaism, it'll explain a lot more quickly than I am able to :)
I see. We have to do tons of stuff everyday too. <_<  

mazda6er

Ah, Christianity, the easy way out. :praise: Church once a week, don't kill anyone, and my obligations are complete. :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteAh, Christianity, the easy way out. :praise: Church once a week, don't kill anyone, and my obligations are complete. :lol:
:lol:  :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000