Audi A4 3.2

Started by SJ_GTI, October 22, 2005, 11:40:35 PM

Catman

Rag ruins another perfectly decent thread. <_<

Back to the car......I like the idea of the 3.2.  The added torque alone would sway me.

Raghavan

QuoteRag ruins another perfectly decent thread. <_<

Back to the car......I like the idea of the 3.2.  The added torque alone would sway me.
Sure, blame it all on me. :rolleyes:  :angry:  <_<  

Run Away

Nothing is wrong with liking it. Wanting to have sex with it - that's another issue.

You didn't drive the car "very often". You were visiting relatives on vacation and drove maybe it a few times. It's your opinion? Well we all know how much you like RWD, so in my mind you're either a) lying or B) so enamoured by RWD Corollas that you've convinced yourself otherwise.

Who are we to beleive - MX793 who drove for 2 winters with a 240SX as his main mode of transportation and then moved to a Mazda3 and drove one winter with it or some whiney 17 year old with limited experience and acts like a short-tempered 8 year old?

As for being a driving professional - yes and no. My profession is driving pizzas around, so in that respect I am. But the sleeve of my shirt says I'm only a delivery expert, not preofessional. Maybe I'm both.

MX793

QuoteNothing is wrong with liking it. Wanting to have sex with it - that's another issue.

You didn't drive the car "very often". You were visiting relatives on vacation and drove maybe it a few times. It's your opinion? Well we all know how much you like RWD, so in my mind you're either a) lying or B) so enamoured by RWD Corollas that you've convinced yourself otherwise.

Who are we to beleive - MX793 who drove for 2 winters with a 240SX as his main mode of transportation and then moved to a Mazda3 and drove one winter with it or some whiney 17 year old with limited experience and acts like a short-tempered 8 year old?

As for being a driving professional - yes and no. My profession is driving pizzas around, so in that respect I am. But the sleeve of my shirt says I'm only a delivery expert, not preofessional. Maybe I'm both.
ehem, 5 years with the 240SX  B)  
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raghavan

QuoteNothing is wrong with liking it. Wanting to have sex with it - that's another issue.

I dont wanna have sex with RWD. Is that even possible? :blink:  :D
For the two weeks i was there, i'd say that i was in teh cars more than i was actually inside his house. And besides, it's my own opinion, ok? You are having a hard time understanding that.
You don't have to believe anyone. It's my own opinion, and MX has his own opinion.

Run Away

Raghavan

Quote"When i was visiting Connecticut in December. huh.gif My dad's college friend is there, so we went there last December to visit him during Winter Break. wink.gif I drove his Corolla (RWD), and his Sentra (duh)."

And you think that brief and undoubtedly limited experience in an old Corolla and an old Sentra is enough for you to be able to make such an all-encompassing statement? :rolleyes:
Hey, it was an '03 Sentra. That's not old. Especially for your standards. ;)  :lol:  

Run Away

QuoteI dont wanna have sex with RWD. Is that even possible? :blink:  :D
For the two weeks i was there, i'd say that i was in teh cars more than i was actually inside his house. And besides, it's my own opinion, ok? You are having a hard time understanding that.
You don't have to believe anyone. It's my own opinion, and MX has his own opinion.

Your opinion? Well we all know how much you like RWD, so in my mind you're either a) lying or B) so enamoured by RWD Corollas that you've convinced yourself otherwise.

I know I don't have to beleive what you're saying, but for some reason I still read your posts and something makes me want to try correct you. Am I wasting my time trying to talk some sense into you?

Raghavan

QuoteI dont wanna have sex with RWD. Is that even possible? :blink:  :D

Your opinion? Well we all know how much you like RWD, so in my mind you're either a) lying or B) so enamoured by RWD Corollas that you've convinced yourself otherwise.

I know I don't have to beleive what you're saying, but for some reason I still read your posts and something makes me want to try correct you. Am I wasting my time trying to talk some sense into you?
Yes, but you can try. Why is FWD so much better than?

Catman

Well, up until recently I've driven a RWD car under the worst conditions on a regular basis.  The CVPI of course.  All of my personal vehicles have been FWD, 4WD (sequoia) and in the past I've had 2wd pick ups.  My opinion is that FWD is better in the snow in almost every instance.  RWD is marginal at best even with snow tires.

ifcar

Quote"When i was visiting Connecticut in December. huh.gif My dad's college friend is there, so we went there last December to visit him during Winter Break. wink.gif I drove his Corolla (RWD), and his Sentra (duh)."

And you think that brief and undoubtedly limited experience in an old Corolla and an old Sentra is enough for you to be able to make such an all-encompassing statement? :rolleyes:
Hey, it was an '03 Sentra. That's not old. Especially for your standards. ;)  :lol:
They're even more dissimilar then. That settles it, your experience with an RWD car and an FWD car 18 years apart in age in conditions that may or may not be identical or even similar, untainted by your lack of a bias towards a specific setup, conclusively proves that RWD is better than FWD in every conceivable situation, especially winter driving.

Please stop embarassing yourself further.  

Run Away

It's not, who said "FWD is better than RWD anytime anywhere"?
In your typical winter conditions, FWD is the preffered layout (over RWD) for getting from one place to another in the easiest and hassle-free manner.

Raghavan

They're even more dissimilar then. That settles it, your experience with an RWD car and an FWD car 18 years apart in age in conditions that may or may not be identical or even similar, untainted by your lack of a bias towards a specific setup, conclusively proves that RWD is better than FWD in every conceivable situation, especially winter driving.

I drove em back to back. :rolleyes:  Ya know, go for a spin in one, come back, hop in the other one, and go for the exact same drive? :rolleyes:  

Catman

SaltyDog

FWD being better than RWD in snow is pretty much general info.  Same with rain driving if you don't want to do fun intentional or unintentional manuevers.  I try, but can't get my family's FWD cars to oversteer in the rain more than a little bit.  It would be easy with RWD OTOH, though unwanted by most people and sometimes unsafe.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Raghavan

ifcar

I drove em back to back. :rolleyes:  Ya know, go for a spin in one, come back, hop in the other one, and go for the exact same drive? :rolleyes:
So it wasn't snowing when you drove them, a post that you ignored awhile back.

And let's not get into the believability issues here.  

Raghavan

It wasn't snowing, but we ran out right after the snowing stopped and the roads hadn't been cleared yet by the truck thing. I just didn't want visibility issues.

Catman

It wasn't snowing, but we ran out right after the snowing stopped and the roads hadn't been cleared yet by the truck thing. I just didn't want visibility issues.
Under those conditions the snow actually has some traction.  Wait until the snow gets compressed into a sheet of ice then come back and give your observation.  

Raghavan

Under those conditions the snow actually has some traction.  Wait until the snow gets compressed into a sheet of ice then come back and give your observation.
There wasn't much ice. Only a few patches here and there. I hit one on purpose. It was fun. :praise:  

ifcar

Rag, when you're already in a hole, stop digging.

You're not making yourself look any better by continuing to spout stupidity.  

Raghavan

QuoteRag, when you're already in a hole, stop digging.

You're not making yourself look any better by continuing to spout stupidity.
WTF? HOw am i being stupid if it's my freakin OPINION that RWD is better in snow than FWD??? :rolleyes:  

MX793

I found things tend to get real interesting right at the point where the snow is just starting to accumulate on the road surface.  It becomes a sort of slimy, slushy film that gets quite slick.  Like trying to drive on wet clay.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raghavan

I found things tend to get real interesting right at the point where the snow is just starting to accumulate on the road surface.  It becomes a sort of slimy, slushy film that gets quite slick.  Like trying to drive on wet clay.
Good job. :rolleyes:  

Catman

When it's new and fluffy (really cold) it actually has that crunchy sound.  When it's on the warm side everything goes to hell fairly quickly. :D  

SaltyDog

All this talk is getting me anxious for the first snow.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Run Away

Raghavan

Run Away

Run Away