Audi A4 3.2

Started by SJ_GTI, October 22, 2005, 11:40:35 PM

Run Away

Raghavan

Run Away

Run Away

Run Away

Raghavan

RAndom. Why are you whoring in an Audi thread?

Run Away

THat's why FWD is better. Look at the traction he's getting.

Run Away

The pictures are about as useless as your posts, only much more entertaining. So I posted them.

Raghavan

THat's why FWD is better. Look at the traction he's getting.
Isn't that more like Front Foot drive?

Raghavan

QuoteThe pictures are about as useless as your posts, only much more entertaining. So I posted them.
It's not my fault that everyone wants to flame me for no particular reason. :angry:  

Run Away

(A man dressed in suit complete with bowler hat comes into shop. He has a silly walk and keeps doing little jumps and then three long paces without moving the top of his body. He buys a paper, then we follow him as he leaves the shop.)

Minister: 'Times' please.

Shopkeeper: Oh yes sir, here you are.

Minister: Thank you.

Shopkeeper: Cheers.

[PICTURE]

(The Minister leaves the shop, from which we see a line of gas men stretching back up the road to Mrs Pinnet,s house (as featured in the New Cooker Sketch), and walks off in an indescribably silly manner. Cut to him proceeding along Whitehall, and into a building labelled 'Ministry of Silly Walks'.)

[PICTURE]

[PICTURE]

(Inside the building he passes three other men, each walking in their own eccentric way.)

[PICTURE]

(Cut to an office; a man is sitting waiting. The minister enters eccentrically.)

Minister: Good morning. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently, and so it takes me rather longer to get to work. (sits at desk) Now then, what was it again?

Mr Pudey: Well sir, I have a silly walk and I'd like to obtain a Government grant to help me develop it.

Minister: I see. May I see your silly walk?

Mr Pudey: Yes, certainly, yes.

(He gets up and does a few steps, lifting the bottom part of his left leg sharply at every alternate pace. He stops.)

[PICTURE]

Minister: That's it, is it?

Mr Pudey: Yes, that's it, yes.

Minister: lt's not particularly silly, is it? I mean, the right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternate step.

Mr Pudey: Yes, but I think that with Government backing I could make it very silly.

Minister: (rising) Mr Pudey, (he walks about behind the desk in a very silly fashion) the very real problem is one of money. I'm afraid that the Ministry of Silly Walks is no longer getting the kind of support it needs. You see there's Defence, Social Security, Health, Housing, Education, Silly Walks ... they're all supposed to get the same. But last year, the Government spent less on the Ministry of Silly Walks than it did on National Defencel Now we get ?348,000,000 a year, which is supposed to be spent on all our available products. (he sits down) Coffee?

[PICTURE]

Mr Pudey: Yes please.

Minister: (pressing intercom) Now Mrs Two-Lumps, would you bring us in two coffees please?

Intercom Voice: Yes, Mr Teabag.

Minister: ... Out of her mind. Now the Japanese have a man who can bend his leg back over his head and back again with every single step. While the Israelis... here's the coffee.

(Enter secretary with tray with two cups on it. She has a particularly jerky silly walk which means that by the time she reaches the minister there is no coffee left in the cups. The minister has a quick look in the cups, and smiles understandingly.)

[PICTURE]

Minister: Thank you - lovely. (she exits still carrying tray and cups) You're really interested in silly walks, aren't you?

Mr Pudey: Oh rather. Yes.

Minister: Well take a look at this, then.

(He products a projector from beneath his desk already spooled up and plugged in. He fiicks a switch and it beams onto the opposite wall. The film shows a sequence of six old-fashioned silly walkers. The film is old silent-movie type, scratchy, jerky and 8mm quality. All the participants wear 1900's type costume. One has huge shoes with soles a foot thick, one is a woman, one has. very long 'Little Tich' shoes. Cut back to office. The minister hurls the projeaor away. Along with papers and everything else on his desk. He leans foward.)

[PICTURE]

[PICTURE]

Minister: Now Mr Pudey. I'm not going to mince words with you. I'm going to offer you a Research Fellowship on the Anglo-French

Mr Pudey: La Marche Futile?

(Cut to two Frenchmen, wearing striped jerseys and berets, standing in a field with a third man who is entirely covered by a sheet.)

First Frenchman: Bonjour ... et maintenant ... comme d'habitude, au sujet du Le March? Commun. Et maintenant, je vous presente, encore une fois, mon ami, le pouf c?l?bre, Jean-Brian Zatapathique. (he removes his moustache and sticks it onto the other Frenchman)

Second Frenchman: Merci, mon petit chou-chou Brian Trubshawe. Et maintenant avec les pieds ? droite, et les pieds au gauche, et maintenant l'Anglais-Fran?aise Marche Futile, et voil?

(They unveil the third man and walk off He is facing to camera left and appears to be dressed as a city gent; then he turns about face and we see on his fight half he is dressed au style franfais. He moves off into the distance in eccentric speeded-up motion.)  

Raghavan

saxonyron

The Ministry of Silly Walks - has to be one of the best Python sketches ever!!Cleese could move his long legs like no other!  :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

thewizard16

QuoteThe pictures are about as useless as your posts, only much more entertaining. So I posted them.
It's not my fault that everyone wants to flame me for no particular reason. :angry:
Rag, you're missing the point entirely. We're not flaming you, we're pointing out that you're wrong. You go from having and opinion to declaring something as a fact when you refuse to respect other people's opinions, and the simple facts of driving dynamics and engineering. Just because you have an opinion that you cling to like life itself doesn't make it right. RWD is not better in snow. I don't care if that's your opinion, you're wrong. You have gone from having a very high opinion of RWD to being a RWD troll. It's the same way with any kind of troll. I can go to C&D and poke huge gaping factual holes in barbarian's posts about the Titan or whatever, but he just says I'm wrong and continues, even though his is based on blind or limited opinion and mine is based on very basic facts. You are doing the same thing. Until you quit, no one is going to leave you alone, and no one will respect your opinions.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

J86

goddamn now i wanann ski!

Raza

I'd hate for it to seem like I'm coming down on Rag's side, because I'm not, but I still prefer RWD in snow.  But, FWD is easier and probably safer to drive in inclement weather conditions.  Hell, in the E320, for rain I'd put ESP back on (I'd leave it off in the dry and a combination of on/off in the snow).  There is more stability in driving a FWD car in snow, but RWD is easier to turn, if you know what you're doing.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Rag, you're missing the point entirely. We're not flaming you, we're pointing out that you're wrong. You go from having and opinion to declaring something as a fact when you refuse to respect other people's opinions, and the simple facts of driving dynamics and engineering. Just because you have an opinion that you cling to like life itself doesn't make it right. RWD is not better in snow. I don't care if that's your opinion, you're wrong. You have gone from having a very high opinion of RWD to being a RWD troll. It's the same way with any kind of troll. I can go to C&D and poke huge gaping factual holes in barbarian's posts about the Titan or whatever, but he just says I'm wrong and continues, even though his is based on blind or limited opinion and mine is based on very basic facts. You are doing the same thing. Until you quit, no one is going to leave you alone, and no one will respect your opinions.
Thaank you Wizard as I had no patience to actually explain the obvious issues here. ;)  

thewizard16

QuoteI'd hate for it to seem like I'm coming down on Rag's side, because I'm not, but I still prefer RWD in snow.  But, FWD is easier and probably safer to drive in inclement weather conditions.  Hell, in the E320, for rain I'd put ESP back on (I'd leave it off in the dry and a combination of on/off in the snow).  There is more stability in driving a FWD car in snow, but RWD is easier to turn, if you know what you're doing.
I don't disagree with you, but my point still stands.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

thewizard16

Thaank you Wizard as I had no patience to actually explain the obvious issues here. ;)
You're welcome. :D  I'm generally not patient either, but I reach a point where it tries my patience more not to say something.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Raza

QuoteI'd hate for it to seem like I'm coming down on Rag's side, because I'm not, but I still prefer RWD in snow.  But, FWD is easier and probably safer to drive in inclement weather conditions.  Hell, in the E320, for rain I'd put ESP back on (I'd leave it off in the dry and a combination of on/off in the snow).  There is more stability in driving a FWD car in snow, but RWD is easier to turn, if you know what you're doing.
In all the mess, I believe I've lost your point specifically, but I'm glad we're in the clear.

EDIT:  Okay, after looking back I got you.  I still stand by what I said, but your statement definitely makes sense.

EDIT Take Two:  Maybe I ought to write an article about this, like I did with the wagons...hmm...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

QuoteI'd hate for it to seem like I'm coming down on Rag's side, because I'm not, but I still prefer RWD in snow.? But, FWD is easier and probably safer to drive in inclement weather conditions.? Hell, in the E320, for rain I'd put ESP back on (I'd leave it off in the dry and a combination of on/off in the snow).? There is more stability in driving a FWD car in snow, but RWD is easier to turn, if you know what you're doing.
In all the mess, I believe I've lost your point specifically, but I'm glad we're in the clear.
Haha... Yes, I can see how that'd happen, I meant my point about Rag's arguments. My point on the FWD vs. RWD thing was posted a few pages bad, basically I'm not saying that if you take RWD in the snow you're going to crash into a tree, just that FWD is easier and more predictable to use. If you are good with RWD and understand it (like yourself) then you can do well with RWD too, but overall FWD is easier/better on slick road conditions for a number of reasons.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Raza

Well, THAT I agree with.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

QuoteI'd hate for it to seem like I'm coming down on Rag's side, because I'm not, but I still prefer RWD in snow.  But, FWD is easier and probably safer to drive in inclement weather conditions.  Hell, in the E320, for rain I'd put ESP back on (I'd leave it off in the dry and a combination of on/off in the snow).  There is more stability in driving a FWD car in snow, but RWD is easier to turn, if you know what you're doing.
This is pretty much my take as well.  I really don't mind RWD in the snow (and given snow tires and TCS/ESP I'd be in heaven, I didn't have those luxuries with mine), but FWD definately has better traction given equal tires and is more stable.  It's generally a little easier to get around with FWD, but you do lose throttle induced yaw control which I had become reasonably proficient with.  I never had any kind of stabiilty issues in the rain and if I ever had a RWD with stability control, it would only get turned on in snow and ice.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

QuoteI'd hate for it to seem like I'm coming down on Rag's side, because I'm not, but I still prefer RWD in snow.  But, FWD is easier and probably safer to drive in inclement weather conditions.  Hell, in the E320, for rain I'd put ESP back on (I'd leave it off in the dry and a combination of on/off in the snow).  There is more stability in driving a FWD car in snow, but RWD is easier to turn, if you know what you're doing.
This is pretty much my take as well.  I really don't mind RWD in the snow (and given snow tires and TCS/ESP I'd be in heaven, I didn't have those luxuries with mine), but FWD definately has better traction given equal tires and is more stable.  It's generally a little easier to get around with FWD, but you do lose throttle induced yaw control which I had become reasonably proficient with.  I never had any kind of stabiilty issues in the rain and if I ever had a RWD with stability control, it would only get turned on in snow and ice.
Honestly, with my tires I was more worried in rain than in snow.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

Bald or cheap?  I find it hard to believe they could be any worse than the off-brand all season tires that were on my 240 that likely didn't even cost $40 a piece.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raghavan

I've been saying ALL along that it's my opinion and that everyone has different opinions, but everyone just decides to ignore me, and dumbasses like you think i'm making it a fact. I THOUGHT it was easier to drive a RWD car than a FWD car in snow. That was my OPINION. I just stated it because that's what i THOUGHT. Have i said it enough now? Everyone just jumped on me for being a troll, but i'm not because trolls will say, "RWD is better in snow for everyone, and FWD should be nuked down", or something. All this time, i was trying to tell everyone that it was my OPINION, NOT a FACT. Have you guys got the concept in your thick heads now? I don't mind if you guys like FWD better than RWD in snow, but i THOUGHT that RWD was better in snow when i drove both the cars.
You guys use me liking RWD as an excuse to fucking jump on me. Fuckers. :angry:  

ifcar

And then when people point out the flaws in what you think, you stamp your feet and call them names and whine that everyone's out to get you. :rolleyes:

Raghavan

QuoteAnd then when people point out the flaws in what you think, you stamp your feet and call them names and whine that everyone's out to get you. :rolleyes:
But first, when i say my opinion on the subject, you guys just think i'm wrong for whatever reason and then flame me. :rolleyes:  

Raza

Bald or cheap?  I find it hard to believe they could be any worse than the off-brand all season tires that were on my 240 that likely didn't even cost $40 a piece.
They were $200 Michelin Pilots with a lower profile than my stock MXV4s (that I got for an amazing deal--half off and a free DVD player with a set of four) that had terrible rain traction, but had phenomenal dry grip, and were pretty good in the snow.  My brother, who can't quite handle a car like I can, had a lot of trouble with them when he inherited the car from me and replaced them with 215/55 Potenzas, returning back to the original size.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

QuoteAnd then when people point out the flaws in what you think, you stamp your feet and call them names and whine that everyone's out to get you. :rolleyes:
But first, when i say my opinion on the subject, you guys just think i'm wrong for whatever reason and then flame me. :rolleyes:
We don't have to just think that you're wrong. It's entirely obvious.