Original Hummer available as a kit

Started by SVT666, August 03, 2012, 12:57:48 PM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 08, 2012, 01:25:43 PM
Chop down trees with your .50 cal?

Hmmm... HMMWV vs UNIMOG as the baby transporter... tough decisions..

S204STi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 03, 2012, 10:12:22 PM
Hmm.

And you can get a running, military surplus M989 (soft top with half doors) with relatively low miles for about $35,000.

When I google M989 I come up with a trailer.  Not the same, bro. :lol:

S204STi

Quote from: MrH on August 05, 2012, 07:57:32 PM
I have fond memories of H1's.  My dad had one when we were growing up (I grew up on a military base for awhile).  I still remember him picking me up from the house with it.  I had big googles on, and was leaning over the side, pretending to shoot people with my neon green and orange toy machine gun :lol:

His didn't have doors, windshield, or a roof.  Just a roll bar outline around where the windshield would go.

My dad owned one years ago as well.  It was pretty rad; desert tan single-cab with a hard top.  Chevy 350, so it was dead-slow, but at least it didn't clatter like the oil-burners (pre-Duramax).  He ran a business for several years with it, doing offroad recovery and tours in SW Colorado.

SVT666

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: S204STi on August 08, 2012, 03:27:36 PM
When I google M989 I come up with a trailer.  Not the same, bro. :lol:

Doh, M998.  I'm dyslexic with numbers too.
Will

Payman

You want a good 4x4 that nothing can touch off road? Find a Suzuki Samurai.

Rupert

Pretty much. :lol:

I am not a subscriber to bigger is better, unless we're talking about mud bogging, which is a stupid activity, anyway.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT666

Quote from: Rupert on August 08, 2012, 05:04:35 PM
Pretty much. :lol:

I am not a subscriber to bigger is better, unless we're talking about mud bogging, which is a stupid activity, anyway.
An H1 is pretty much useless where I live, but I would still like to have one just in case the apocalypse ever comes.  Otherwise, I will take a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

NomisR

Quote from: SVT666 on August 08, 2012, 05:07:53 PM
An H1 is pretty much useless where I live, but I would still like to have one just in case the apocalypse ever comes.  Otherwise, I will take a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

It'll work great against Zombies, unless you're going up against Zombie Hulk.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rockraven on August 08, 2012, 05:02:41 PM
You want a good 4x4 that nothing can touch off road? Find a Suzuki Samurai.

my hero :wub:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on August 08, 2012, 02:01:26 PM
Hmmm... HMMWV vs UNIMOG as the baby transporter... tough decisions..

Unimog wins everything. It's the rich man's Suzuki SJ.

NomisR

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 08, 2012, 05:23:01 PM
Unimog wins everything. It's the rich man's Suzuki SJ.

Hmm,... AND it has a Mercedes Logo which should satisfy any brand snob.

S204STi

The H1 is surprisingly capable, for its size.  The Samurai pretty much rocks though.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

2o6

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on August 08, 2012, 08:39:12 PM
Does Tracker count?

Almost... if you don't mind leaving your tupperware bumpers behind. Another great offroader was the Lada Niva.

TurboDan

Quote from: 2o6 on August 08, 2012, 08:39:12 PM
Does Tracker count?

Tracker was a Sidekick, not a Samurai. From what I hear it was surprisingly capable off-road, though.

2o6

Rupert

Yeah, AFAIK, the Sidekick was about as capable as the Samurai.

Also the Daihatsu Rocky.

TurboDan

Quote from: Rupert on August 08, 2012, 09:26:32 PM
Yeah, AFAIK, the Sidekicwas about as capable as the Samurai.

Also the Daihatsu Rocky.

It was BOF, right? I know it had a 4low setting too. My uncle had one back in the day. Used it kinda like a dune buggy. It was a cool little truck to throw around in the beach sand.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on August 08, 2012, 09:12:22 PM
Almost... if you don't mind leaving your tupperware bumpers behind. Another great offroader was the Lada Niva.
As long as they kept running.

Rupert

Quote from: TurboDan on August 08, 2012, 09:31:38 PM
It was BOF, right? I know it had a 4low setting too. My uncle had one back in the day. Used it kinda like a dune buggy. It was a cool little truck to throw around in the beach sand.

Which one? BOF doesn't matter, either way. All the utes I mentioned had real 4WD.

Galaxy

Quote from: SVT666 on August 06, 2012, 06:41:51 PM
That's awesome.  I'm buying one before the apocalypse.

The Canadian company Conquest is also building something for the apocalypse. The Knight XV,

Has everything from a Playstation to an hermetically sealed interior in case of a gas attack.  :lol:

NomisR

For use in case of a Zombieapocolypse?

Payman

Fuck me that's huge. I wouldn't afford the tires on that thing.

Laconian

I didn't know that Canadians had such a nutso survivalist streak. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on August 09, 2012, 01:05:54 PM
I didn't know that Canadians had such a nutso survivalist streak. :lol:

We've had it since 1812. We don't trust you fuckers.

AutobahnSHO

Will