Is this a joke?

Started by ifcar, October 24, 2005, 03:37:37 PM

ifcar

MX793

0-60 mph in under 8 seconds is pretty darn good.  However, I'd be concerned with tipping something so narrow over in a high speed corner.  Though I'm told that the CG is really low in the car (all of the batteries and such) so it's more stable than it looks.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

Those acceleration numbers seem quite far-fetched...it weighs 3,000 pounds and is run on electricity, yet can attain a 0-60 time of 4 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12 at 120 MPH...they can't be serious.

MX793

QuoteThose acceleration numbers seem quite far-fetched...it weighs 3,000 pounds and is run on electricity, yet can attain a 0-60 time of 4 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12 at 120 MPH...they can't be serious.
With a total of about 1000 lb-ft of torque on tap at low RPMs?  I'd believe those numbers are attainable.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

QuoteThose acceleration numbers seem quite far-fetched...it weighs 3,000 pounds and is run on electricity, yet can attain a 0-60 time of 4 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12 at 120 MPH...they can't be serious.
With a total of about 1000 lb-ft of torque on tap at low RPMs?  I'd believe those numbers are attainable.
I guess I missed the torque stat...  :o  :blink:  

giant_mtb

"To minimize any day-time inconvenience, the Tango can charge to 80% in just 10 minutes from a 200 amp charging station. This gives approximately 50 additional miles of range per quick-charge. Typically one would just plug in each night to a dryer outlet and get a complete charge in less than 3 hours and be ready for work the next morning."

:o  :o  

thewizard16

Quote"To minimize any day-time inconvenience, the Tango can charge to 80% in just 10 minutes from a 200 amp charging station. This gives approximately 50 additional miles of range per quick-charge. Typically one would just plug in each night to a dryer outlet and get a complete charge in less than 3 hours and be ready for work the next morning."

:o  :o
200 amps is a lot.  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Run Away

" Tangoing between psychedelic witches buried in asphalt."

http://www.commutercars.com/intro.html#performance

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Raghavan

Secret Chimp

It's not a joke. I've seen the thing on TV, and it really is that fast.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Submariner

You stand a better chance of surviving a crash on a bike than you would in that thing.  <_<  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

ifcar

A small car doesn't necessarily crumple in an accident. Look at the Smart, it has an incredibly strong body, and safety measures are probably the reason this thing weighs what it does.  

Catman

That's what I'm talking about! :rockon:  

TBR

They're neat enough, but the price tag on the T600 is $85,000  :o  

ifcar

No need to pay that much, the $18,500 version seems to have all the essentials, just a 0-60 of 8 seconds rather than 5.  

TBR

You mean rather than 4... And, one could argue that the $10,000 Kia Rio has all of the essentials, yet I would still rather have a Porsche 911 ;) :lol:

ifcar

If you could get a Porsche 911 for $18K with cloth seats and a smaller engine instead of a better equipped and faster one at $85K, which would you go for?

TBR

Good point, it would depend on if I had the $850000. But, still, even $18000 seems like a lot (if only it didn't look so dorky.)

ifcar

That's similar to the cost of a Smart in Canada. You still seat two, it appears to drive better and have much better performance, it's even more manueverable, and there's no cost for gas.  

TBR

Yeah, but how much will the electricity cost? And, the Smart has never been a roaring value either.  

ifcar

Not sure about electricity cost, but it can't cost nearly as much as gas per mile. And the Smart may not be a tremendous value, but it's sold in Canada, and this seems to have enough power for the highway while the Smart does not.  

Fire It Up

I'd rather have a smart roadster or a freaking bike. How much are smart roadsters anyway?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

They're cheap.  The Smart Coupe/Roadster is only about 12,000 pounds, and the other models are even cheaper.  In England, it's roughly the same price as a Ford Focus.

As far as this goes, the track seems far too narrow to give proper stability compared to the height of the car, and I'd also rather have a car like the Smart C/R instead.  

In any case, since it's small, cheap, and RWD, it must be Rag's new dream car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteThey're cheap.  The Smart Coupe/Roadster is only about 12,000 pounds, and the other models are even cheaper.  In England, it's roughly the same price as a Ford Focus.

As far as this goes, the track seems far too narrow to give proper stability compared to the height of the car, and I'd also rather have a car like the Smart C/R instead.  

In any case, since it's small, cheap, and RWD, it must be Rag's new dream car.
It aint a manual. <_<  

Raza

It's a "Sequentronic" transmission- sequential manual.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteIt's a "Sequentronic" transmission- sequential manual.
NO clutch pedal = not a manual to me.

Secret Chimp

Can you even drive a manual? I thought you had an SUV or something.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

Can you even drive a manual? I thought you had an SUV or something.
Yeah, i can drive a manual. We don't own any manual cars, but i drive my friend's once in a while.
And, i don't really even have a car. :lol:  

TBR

I actually agree with you there, SMG transmissions are no closer to manuals than manumatics are imho.

SJ_GTI

I actually agree with you there, SMG transmissions are no closer to manuals than manumatics are imho.
Have you driven an SMG transmission car before?

It is not the same as an automatic. There are alot more differences between an automatic and a manual than just the 3rd pedal. The biggest one for me is simple throttle response.