4 vehicles

Started by SVT666, August 28, 2012, 01:14:27 AM

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 29, 2012, 07:29:21 PM
used CTS + used 335i vert for me. Bet no one saw that coming.

Hmm, at 50K.  I'd have to think about it.  One car would definitely be a Z4 3.0si though.  Probably as new a MkVI GTI as I could find for the remainder to drive daily.  

EDIT: 

Actually, I might stick with the 3.0i I'm buying and then buy back my Jetta and put some money into mods. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on August 29, 2012, 07:50:03 PM
Stop exaggerating. I was using hyperbole, and if you take a Focus over a CTS you are a total retard.

:lol: 

It'd have to be a CTS wagon.

Vinsanity

Quote from: dazzleman on August 29, 2012, 07:45:14 PM
:lol:

Would you consider an older 'vette?  You could get in some trouble with a car like that.  Lots of fun.

Haha, that would certainly spice things up a bit, to say the least. I think I'd have to get just the used Vette and set aside the rest of the cash to have a traffic attorney on retainer.

Should I test drive a CTS?

If you're still considering a G37, then a CTS is just like a softer, cushier take on that car. Maybe a bit less room inside, though.

68_427

Wait for the next CTS.  ALSO DRIVE A 300 SRT8.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

sportyaccordy

TYPHOON! Good choice.

Eye of the Tiger

My 1960 Chebby with a 383 will out run any Typhoon or Cyclone. But not a Hurricane.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

280Z Turbo

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 30, 2012, 12:13:17 PM
TYPHOON! Good choice.

Not for me. I want a tow rig. I'd get a 2WD Chevy 2500HD work truck for around $6000.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 30, 2012, 02:16:52 PM
Not for me. I want a tow rig. I'd get a 2WD Chevy 2500HD work truck for around $6000.

My 1950 Chebby pickup with a heavy duty rear axle and a T56 will out tow your rig any day of the week. Even if you had the 6.0, I'd have a 6.3 with Vortec heads, a lighter chassis, and Koni adjustablesnti save two pounds off the rear axle and get better traction for the hole shot. Yeah, I should be going to M.I.T. or something.

MexicoCityM3

E90 M3, no need for 4 cars. But, if you insist:

F650GS Bike + Z4 2.5i Manual + E46 328i + Mattel Hot Wheels Ferrari
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 30, 2012, 03:25:22 PM
My 1950 Chebby pickup with a heavy duty rear axle and a T56 will out tow your rig any day of the week. Even if you had the 6.0, I'd have a 6.3 with Vortec heads, a lighter chassis, and Koni adjustablesnti save two pounds off the rear axle and get better traction for the hole shot. Yeah, I should be going to M.I.T. or something.

Your little antique pickup probably has a weaker frame.

J86

No effing way I'd buy 4 cars w/ 50k.  Two cars though... A TDI Jetta Wagon or a Tacoma (either one of those a year or two old- whatever that goes for)- then the rest on something without a roof and old!

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 29, 2012, 09:02:07 PM
Haha, that would certainly spice things up a bit, to say the least. I think I'd have to get just the used Vette and set aside the rest of the cash to have a traffic attorney on retainer.

If you're still considering a G37, then a CTS is just like a softer, cushier take on that car. Maybe a bit less room inside, though.

You could probably relate to this, Vin:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81061703/

I love the Cadillac logo and I like the front of the CTS.  I have a problem with the narrow vertical rear lights.  I associate them with organized crime, and whenever I see them I expect to see a body in the trunk.  I want to test drive it, though.

I was thinking about the G37.  I just wanted to broaden out my search to Infiniti, as well as Audi and BMW.  I should start test driving soon.  It's pretty fun.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on August 30, 2012, 06:24:20 PM
No effing way I'd buy 4 cars w/ 50k.  Two cars though... A TDI Jetta Wagon or a Tacoma (either one of those a year or two old- whatever that goes for)- then the rest on something without a roof and old!

That's not enough money for 4 cars, unless you want Nick-type cars.... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

280Z Turbo

Quote from: dazzleman on August 30, 2012, 06:35:35 PM
That's not enough money for 4 cars, unless you want Nick-type cars.... :lol:

You could probably buy my Focus 10 times over with that kind of money. :cry:

dazzleman

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 30, 2012, 06:52:16 PM
You could probably buy my Focus 10 times over with that kind of money. :cry:

What did you pay for your Focus?  What year is it?

What's going on with the 280Z?  Are you still thinking of selling it?

280Z Turbo

Quote from: dazzleman on August 30, 2012, 06:53:41 PM
What did you pay for your Focus?  What year is it?

What's going on with the 280Z?  Are you still thinking of selling it?

It was $6500 in 2006. It might be $4000 now at best.

Nothing much. And no.

Vinsanity

Quote from: dazzleman on August 30, 2012, 06:35:09 PM

LMFAO that is totally something I would do if I had a little "fuck you" money burning a hole in my wallet.

Which is probably the reason why I never have any "fuck you" money to begin with.

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 30, 2012, 07:46:08 PM
LMFAO that is totally something I would do if I had a little "fuck you" money burning a hole in my wallet.

Which is probably the reason why I never have any "fuck you" money to begin with.

I thought those two guys were hilarious.  They both had such great personality.

I knew you'd be able to relate to that.... :lol:

Vinsanity

I love the quote at the end, "it's so fun to not care anymore" :evildude:

Words to aspire to, if ever I heard any. They could apply to anything in life, if you think about it...

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 30, 2012, 07:55:31 PM
I love the quote at the end, "it's so fun to not care anymore" :evildude:

Words to aspire to, if ever I heard any. They could apply to anything in life, if you think about it...

So true.  It's all about not living by other people's rules.  It's very liberating to say you're going to do what the fuck you want, come what may.

SVT666

Quote from: dazzleman on August 30, 2012, 06:35:09 PM

I love the Cadillac logo and I like the front of the CTS.  I have a problem with the narrow vertical rear lights.  I associate them with organized crime, and whenever I see them I expect to see a body in the trunk.  I want to test drive it, though.

I was thinking about the G37.  I just wanted to broaden out my search to Infiniti, as well as Audi and BMW.  I should start test driving soon.  It's pretty fun.
The CTS is a very good car...except for all the noise the center console makes going around corners.  The car is extremely quiet...extremely quiet...maybe too quiet.  It's deceptively quick, but it feels like it is resisting your urges to dive into corners, but once you do it's pretty good.  The interior noises bothered me way too much to consider it a contender (as well as my horrifically bad experiences with GM vehicles).  The G37 is better in almost every way.  The G37 transmission though is my only complaint right now.  Sometimes in slower traffic you let off the gas and then touch the gas again and it jars into gear, like your catching it between gears or something.  It bugs me.  Otherwise, I have no complaints.  The car has been spectacular.

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT666 on August 30, 2012, 08:31:33 PM
The CTS is a very good car...except for all the noise the center console makes going around corners.  The car is extremely quiet...extremely quiet...maybe too quiet.  It's deceptively quick, but it feels like it is resisting your urges to dive into corners, but once you do it's pretty good.  The interior noises bothered me way too much to consider it a contender (as well as my horrifically bad experiences with GM vehicles).  The G37 is better in almost every way.  The G37 transmission though is my only complaint right now.  Sometimes in slower traffic you let off the gas and then touch the gas again and it jars into gear, like your catching it between gears or something.  It bugs me.  Otherwise, I have no complaints.  The car has been spectacular.

Thanks for the feedback, Craig.

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on August 30, 2012, 08:37:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Craig.

Yeah don't bother with the current CTS.  It's being replaced next year.
'racecar is die'
no

Stark

Artistic swag for my DD:

Suns out guns out:

And of course a Laser:

The fourth would be something sporty and awesome... c63amg?  ferrari?
DON'T PANIC

Vinsanity

LOL that first car alone already put you over budget

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 30, 2012, 11:59:10 PM
LOL that first car alone already put you over budget

Give him a break, math is hard.
Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 30, 2012, 05:13:37 PM
Your little antique pickup probably has a weaker frame.

Did I mention that I restomodded it? I boxed in the entire frame and integrated a full carbon fibre roll cage. It also has a school bus axle with Brembo brakes up front, a 2500 HD axle with Baer brakes in back, and Koni adjustables to save two pounds and get better traction for the hole shot.

J86

Quote from: Stark on August 30, 2012, 11:32:58 PM

And of course a Laser:

If we're playing with boats, I'll blow most of it on an AHPC C2 and the rest on a tow vehicle!

Why the heck would I want the painbox that is the Laser!?