Volkswagen Golf VII

Started by 2o6, September 04, 2012, 11:20:13 AM

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on May 01, 2013, 11:22:08 AM
Different front and back but still really just the same car.

Can you not tell the difference between a MkV Jetta and a MkV Golf either?  Because they're the same car, only with a different back.   :rolleyes:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 11:23:31 AM
"They are different in these ways, therefore they are not different."

Read what you're fucking saying.

Mhm, the 1995 and 2003 Cavaliers are totally different cars. They dont look alike at all.

93JC

Blah blah blah hyperbole blah blah blah.

Obviously I can tell them apart, but that does not mean:

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 09:15:31 AM
5 and 6 look very different

Quite the opposite. They do not look "very different". In fact they look very similar.... because they're basically the same car.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 09:15:31 AM
5 and 6 look very different.  From what I've seen, 6 and 7 do look similar, though.
No.  These look very different:

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on May 01, 2013, 11:31:06 AM
Blah blah blah hyperbole blah blah blah.

Obviously I can tell them apart, but that does not mean:

Quite the opposite. They do not look "very different". In fact they look very similar.... because they're basically the same car.

Ah, the fallback to the semantic argument.  I find a completely different front and back to be very different.  Apparently both the fascias aren't enough for you.  Of course they look a little similar, they're Volkswagens in the same family line. 

I'm tired of you arguing with me just to fucking argue. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 11:45:07 AM
Ah, the fallback to the semantic argument.  I find a completely different front and back to be very different.  Apparently both the fascias aren't enough for you.  Of course they look a little similar, they're Volkswagens in the same family line. 

I'm tired of you arguing with me just to fucking argue.

You said that 5 and 6 dont look similar at all. If anything, they look the most similar.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on May 01, 2013, 11:50:16 AM
You said that 5 and 6 dont look similar at all. If anything, they look the most similar.

No, I said they look very different.  Not that they don't look similar at all. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 11:51:44 AM
No, I said they look very different.  Not that they don't look similar at all.

They dont look very different at all. IIRC, most bodypanels are shared between the two.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on May 01, 2013, 11:53:22 AM
They dont look very different at all. IIRC, most bodypanels are shared between the two.

That doesn't mean that much.  Look at the E46 3 series; the coupe and sedan shared almost no body panels, and yet they looked extremely similar. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 12:22:00 PM
That doesn't mean that much.  Look at the E46 3 series; the coupe and sedan shared almost no body panels, and yet they looked extremely similar.

Volkswagen themselves said tht theres not much difference between MK5 ans MK6.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on May 01, 2013, 12:46:43 PM
Volkswagen themselves said tht theres not much difference between MK5 ans MK6.

While marketing the MkVII, I imagine.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2013, 01:23:24 PM
While marketing the MkVII, I imagine.

No. When the MK6 came out, VW pretty much said its only a stopgap ubtil the super modular MQB was finished. Not mucj difference between MK5 and 6. Look at them in profile. Proportions are identical. It just has the new VW corporate loon grafted on.

GoCougs

Fantastic car and the one I'd buy in this segment. If this car was available a year go I could see myself going with this over the G37.

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on May 01, 2013, 02:30:02 PM
Fantastic car and the one I'd buy in this segment. If this car was available a year go I could see myself going with this over the G37.

You wouldn't have any rattle problems in a GTI, that's for sure. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CJ

The new Golf has a really nice interior. Several were at the NYIAS.

AltinD

Yup, very nice interiors indeed. Saw them in the showroom .../ expensive though, the 1.4 with 140 HP cost the same as similarly equipped MkVI GTI

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Char

Are Raza's Jimmies rustled because the Golf 6 and 7 look like a warmed over 5? They do look pretty similar.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

cawimmer430

Wimmer Prediction: One of these days this Golf will come across a broken down Nissan Quest minivan and give the owner a lift.  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 31, 2013, 05:55:32 AM
Wimmer Prediction: One of these days this Golf will come across a broken down Nissan Quest minivan and give the owner a lift.  :devil:

That might just work in Europe...

... however I don't think the Golf is certified to tow anything in north america.

12,000 RPM

Nissan Quest is a workhorse
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs