Texas to open toll road with 85 mph speed limit, the highest in the US

Started by Morris Minor, September 10, 2012, 07:42:01 AM

TBR

Quote from: CJ on September 15, 2012, 10:55:42 PM
They got rid of night speed limits within the last year.

Well I haven't really spent much time in tx the past few years until recently.

Raza, if a cop is out to get you theb they can get you regardless. The night speed limits were very well posted. If they do westher dependent speed limits then they need to establish and teach very clear rules for what is considered night or rain.

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on September 16, 2012, 06:19:11 AM
The idea of changing speed limits worries me; perhaps it's a little too much Dukes of Hazzard, but I can't help but feel that driving along at a reasonable 70 in a 65 could quickly become an expensive 70 in a 45 if Sheriff Rosco hits a switch and pulls you over.  You have no proof that you were driving in a 65. 

GoPro Hero Motorsport is your friend. 

TurboDan

They can electronically change the speed limit signs on the New Jersey Turnpike, but I've only seen it done in very bad weather. Sometimes if it's a particularly windy day they'll lower the speed limits in areas approaching bridges.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Rupert

On the other hand, that particular vehicle should probably be limited to 50 mph...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie