Ferrari strong arm?

Started by SVT666, September 11, 2012, 12:12:49 PM

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on September 23, 2012, 08:09:23 AM
For a long time, Alex claimed he was a grown man, at least 10 years older than he actually was.  A less extreme version of what Ro did.  Then he came clean that he was a high school student (at the time).

Dude, I don't remember that at all. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TurboDan

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28080.msg1783261#msg1783261 date=1348409442
Actually, as I recall explaining to Bing, I have all the accounts, as you're all just facets of my personality playing out in a made up world. 

What were on you smoking the day the 'Cougs character came on the scene?  :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28080.msg1783262#msg1783262 date=1348409544
Dude, I don't remember that at all. 

It's easy to forget them all after a while.  I forget when he came clean.  Maybe a year ago?

Do you remember Ro's charade, that he was a 35-year-old doctor living in Southern California?  I forget what made him come clean.  His screen name then -- Ro51092 -- should have been a clue that he wasn't really 35, since it included his birthday.

Then there was Ifcar, claiming he was in his late 30s when he was really about 20.

There may be a couple of others, but I forget at this point.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

2o6

Not going tot lie, if trep could behave himself, I think he should come back.

hotrodalex

Quote from: dazzleman on September 23, 2012, 10:21:10 AM
It's easy to forget them all after a while.  I forget when he came clean.  Maybe a year ago?

Probably like 2 years ago.

Quote from: 2o6 on September 23, 2012, 01:35:49 PM

You're flip-flopping more than Romney!

dazzleman

Quote from: 2o6 on September 23, 2012, 01:35:49 PM

I'd have no problem with him coming back.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Payman

Quote from: dazzleman on September 23, 2012, 04:17:42 PM
I'd have no problem with him coming back.

We do have an ignore option now. I didn't mind Trep either.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on September 23, 2012, 08:10:42 AM
Actually, as I recall explaining to Bing, I have all the accounts, as you're all just facets of my personality playing out in a made up world. 

Make me wealthier then, dagnabbit!
Will

Raza

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 23, 2012, 05:06:11 PM
Make me wealthier then, dagnabbit!

You're the self sacrificing part of me that yearns for a family. I'm not a fan of that part.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on September 23, 2012, 05:25:04 PM
You're the self sacrificing part of me that yearns for a family. I'm not a fan of that part.

oh great. :facepalm:

:lol:
Will

BENZ BOY15

Rupert

Do you remember Ro's charade, that he was a 35-year-old doctor living in Southern California?  I forget what made him come clean.  His screen name then -- Ro51092 -- should have been a clue that he wasn't really 35, since it included his birthday.

Then there was Ifcar, claiming he was in his late 30s when he was really about 20.

Ha, iffy's was the best lie-- so boring, of course we all believed it! :lol:

911's was weird, because he wrote like a 13 year old. I remember that I never associated the member with the Bimmer in SoCal with his written posts because of that. It was only when he came out of the lyin' closet that I realized that was the same guy. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

Quote from: Laconian on September 24, 2012, 09:14:01 PM
I like the tittehs.
Better tell your boyfriend.  He won't be pleased.

NomisR

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 22, 2012, 03:07:25 PM
[my only toe into this mess]

But I don't care either way- but this makes for great    :popcorn:   :cheers:   :popcorn:   :cheers:   :popcorn:   :cheers:   :popcorn:

:hesaid:

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

NomisR

late 30 year old that would drive nothing but minivans and we thought he was a robot.  :lol:

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on September 25, 2012, 11:26:12 AM
late 30 year old that would drive nothing but minivans and we thought he was a robot.  :lol:

I still kind of think he's a robot.

He also never properly refuted that his name is Koko.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TurboDan

Quote from: Raza  on September 25, 2012, 11:32:30 AM
I still kind of think he's a robot.

He also never properly refuted that his name is Koko.

Iffy may have fudged his age but everything else was pretty true. I'm not sure I really even consider his "lie" to be a "lie."

It's one thing to be a teenager and say you're an investment banker who drives a Ferrari, but adding a few years onto an accurate picture of your real lifestyle seems pretty minor. If I said I was 34 instead of 27, what would it matter and who would really care?

On another note, I'd like to get to the bottom of the Koko issue. The Examiner name could easily be a pseudonym.

Rupert

Actually, I'd find it easier to believe you're 34 than 27. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Quote from: mzziaz on September 25, 2012, 01:09:51 AM
Liar!

I'm sure he did at one point - like when he was a month old.

Raza

Quote from: TurboDan on September 25, 2012, 11:49:51 AM
Iffy may have fudged his age but everything else was pretty true. I'm not sure I really even consider his "lie" to be a "lie."

It's one thing to be a teenager and say you're an investment banker who drives a Ferrari, but adding a few years onto an accurate picture of your real lifestyle seems pretty minor. If I said I was 34 instead of 27, what would it matter and who would really care?

On another note, I'd like to get to the bottom of the Koko issue. The Examiner name could easily be a pseudonym.

You're only 27?  I always pictured you as older than that, not basically the same age as I am.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

eThirteen

From how I remember it; Ifcar referred to himself as an "institute for consumer auto research" or something, having extensive knowledge on the cars he drove, and also said that was a part-time gig and that he was a government employee living in D.C. I believe at the time he was 17 or 18. The most interesting part of this is, he was not only allowed to stay, but remained a moderator.

I'm not sure if you're referring to Adi/TheIntrepid by your "investment banker with Ferrari" comment, but he actually has nothing to do with this Ferrari article, nor has he claimed to have anything of the sort. He's a 23-year old law student and owns a Mini. The guy that this Jalopnik issue refers to is Adi's business partner and a close friend of both of ours; Bob Maduri, who, at 31, actually DOES drive a 360 Modena and made a small fortune a few years ago.

Drama hasn't "followed" him around... he legitimately had nothing to do with this and was not even mentioned as such until someone found out that he writes for a company where one of his associates had an article go viral. Adi's a pretty low-key guy.

I personally recommended Adi to come on here and actually make a post saying hi and enlightening you guys as to what DoubleClutch and his life now is all about, but he's not sure how he'd be welcomed back after nearly 5 years of being gone. What do you think, TurboDan?

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on September 25, 2012, 12:00:36 PM
You're only 27?  I always pictured you as older than that, not basically the same age as I am.

I always thought Dan was older than me... guess not.

2o6

No, the Examiner is legitimate. They have writers all over the country writing about different things.

But back to the topic on hand; this Article could be considered Libel. If he hadn't put out EXPLICITLY names of the dealers, things would be different.