My blog has launched!

Started by Raza , September 16, 2012, 05:57:33 PM

Secret Chimp

Quote from: Raza  on September 22, 2012, 09:06:19 AM
Interesting.  I thought of doing that way, then I thought it would flow better this way. 

I had a very weak sense of "why am I reading this." Honestly it's not the most interesting idea to me either way, but having the origami dollars up top would have drawn me in better.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

Quote from: Secret Chimp on September 22, 2012, 10:14:11 PM
I had a very weak sense of "why am I reading this." Honestly it's not the most interesting idea to me either way, but having the origami dollars up top would have drawn me in better.

That's fair.  The next post is about soup. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colin

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

Not bad. I used to do the same thing when I had the Miata, and I also don't just randomly go out for a drive anymore.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on September 25, 2012, 07:30:14 PM
Not bad. I used to do the same thing when I had the Miata, and I also don't just randomly go out for a drive anymore.

It's a shame.  It's also a product of the times.  I'm an adult now, I work 60 hours a week.  Gas is $4.25 a gallon.  I live in a city.  It's not easy to go on a pleasure drive. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

I still go out for drives just for the hell of it.  It's my Zen.

Laconian

I am looking forward to getting back into it. The TSX is great for covering long distances (and the range is heueuugege) but it wasn't nearly as engaging as the Miata.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

Quote from: Laconian on September 26, 2012, 12:44:12 PM
I am looking forward to getting back into it. The TSX is great for covering long distances (and the range is heueuugege) but it wasn't nearly as engaging as the Miata.
The G is great at covering long distances at high rates of speed.  At first, I was really missing my Focus and wondering if I had made the right decision, but despite not being able to throw a shifter through the gates, I am starting to enjoy the G more than the SVT.

Raza

New blog post will be up tonight.  It won't be entirely the same as the other ones, more a little bit of backstory, other interests, and the fulfilling of a reciprocal agreement with another website.  Expect a better one later in the week. 

I just need to add some pictures and I'll put it up when I get home from work. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28110.msg1787044#msg1787044 date=1349099928
New blog post will be up tonight.  It won't be entirely the same as the other ones, more a little bit of backstory, other interests, and the fulfilling of a reciprocal agreement with another website.  Expect a better one later in the week. 

I just need to add some pictures and I'll put it up when I get home from work. 

Nice job so far, Raza.  I enjoy reading your blog.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

https://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/2012/10/1/anthology-of-interest

Blog's up.  I admit, not my best work, but it had to be done this way because of some agreements I made.  More car stuff on Wednesday or Thursday.  But still, enjoy it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Dig the Monaco... nice watch.

Rupert

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28110.msg1784659#msg1784659 date=1348665277
It's a shame.  It's also a product of the times.  I'm an adult now, I work 60 hours a week.  Gas is $4.25 a gallon.  I live in a city.  It's not easy to go on a pleasure drive. 

I have to have four hours to get to most of the good roads around here. There's one that takes 1.5 hours or so, otherwise I'm outta luck.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

I really liked the latest blog entry, Raza.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on October 02, 2012, 08:00:14 AM
I really liked the latest blog entry, Raza.

Thanks Dave.  I'm still trying to figure out how to grow the readership.  I'm getting views, but only like 20-50 a day.  My most views was like 128.  I think I need to look into that search engine optimization thing.

Apparently when you Google Acceleration Therapy, you get a bunch of stuff about physical rehabilitation and shit like that. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28110.msg1787800#msg1787800 date=1349186738
Thanks Dave.  I'm still trying to figure out how to grow the readership.  I'm getting views, but only like 20-50 a day.  My most views was like 128.  I think I need to look into that search engine optimization thing.

Can you get all your friends on Facebook to like it?  That might bring up readership, because then other people who are friends of friends might see it.

For me, it captures so perfectly the need for speed, the feeling that comes from driving at high speed.  I find that not everybody understands that; some simply don't get it, or are afraid of it.  It's great to read somebody who can verbalize the feeling that comes with pushing the accelerator down and taking off in a car.

You're an excellent writer, which is not such a common thing for a business major.  Your writing skills could definitely further your career.

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on October 02, 2012, 08:08:28 AM
Can you get all your friends on Facebook to like it?  That might bring up readership, because then other people who are friends of friends might see it.

For me, it captures so perfectly the need for speed, the feeling that comes from driving at high speed.  I find that not everybody understands that; some simply don't get it, or are afraid of it.  It's great to read somebody who can verbalize the feeling that comes with pushing the accelerator down and taking off in a car.

You're an excellent writer, which is not such a common thing for a business major.  Your writing skills could definitely further your career.

Thanks!

I post it up on Facebook, but I don't know how many people from Facebook are reading it.  Hmm, but I think I can find that out.  

EDIT:  Over the last week, 8.75% of views have come from people clicking the link I post on Facebook.  That's 7 clicks.  And an additional 1 from the mobile site.  46.25% of views are from CarSPIN.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 02, 2012, 09:16:52 AM
Thanks!

I post it up on Facebook, but I don't know how many people from Facebook are reading it.  Hmm, but I think I can find that out. 

EDIT:  Over the last week, 8.75% of views have come from people clicking the link I post on Facebook.  That's 7 clicks.  And an additional 1 from the mobile site.  46.25% of views are from CarSPIN.

If you have a FB page for your blog, or your own, if you share it I'll certainly put it up in my feed.

Raza

Quote from: S204STi on October 02, 2012, 09:42:45 AM
If you have a FB page for your blog, or your own, if you share it I'll certainly put it up in my feed.

Hmm, I should create a page for my blog.  I'll try to do that when I get home tonight.

(FB isn't blocked at work, but activity is monitored...very Gestapo)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 02, 2012, 09:45:54 AM
Hmm, I should create a page for my blog.  I'll try to do that when I get home tonight.

(FB isn't blocked at work, but activity is monitored...very Gestapo)

Good idea.  That way if you want to continue to separate your personal and 'SPIN personas you can do so, but also promote your blog with friends, and friends of friends, etc.

hotrodalex

Yeah I'd be willing to share your blog FB if you make one. :ohyeah:

SVT666

Raza

I think that's convincing then!  I'll set up a Facebook page some time this week.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28110.msg1787899#msg1787899 date=1349197434
I think that's convincing then!  I'll set up a Facebook page some time this week.

When you make it big, make sure you give me credit for the Facebook idea.... ;)

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on October 02, 2012, 11:39:54 AM
When you make it big, make sure you give me credit for the Facebook idea.... ;)

Haha!  With your NY fuck you money, you could finance a national marketing campaign, buddy!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 02, 2012, 11:54:54 AM
Haha!  With your NY fuck you money, you could finance a national marketing campaign, buddy!

:lol:

Hachee

In all the years I've been on this site, I have never clicked on General Automotive.  I never have tons of time for ths, so I just check out a few of the topics and post with much less frequency than most of you guys.  First I noticed "driven today", which must be cool and into which I'll need to dig deeper, and now I see Raza's started a blog.  So, Raza, congrats...I will definitely bookmark it and will check it out thoroughly later tonight.

Raza

Quote from: Hachee on October 08, 2012, 03:35:29 PM
In all the years I've been on this site, I have never clicked on General Automotive.  I never have tons of time for ths, so I just check out a few of the topics and post with much less frequency than most of you guys.  First I noticed "driven today", which must be cool and into which I'll need to dig deeper, and now I see Raza's started a blog.  So, Raza, congrats...I will definitely bookmark it and will check it out thoroughly later tonight.

Thanks man.  Hope you enjoy it.  I'm planning on some new content tonight or tomorrow.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i