Your next car?

Started by 2o6, September 30, 2012, 08:28:15 PM

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on November 06, 2013, 02:34:36 PM

:lol:

Sounds funny coming from a 34 year old who had a Corvette as his only car for years. 

I'm abnormal though, and I was 25 when I got it.  I need a car w/ a real back seat now.  And I just turned 33.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on November 07, 2013, 10:18:18 AM

I'm abnormal though, and I was 25 when I got it.  I need a car w/ a real back seat now.  And I just turned 33.

I took a guess.  I was close though. 

It would sound funny coming from me too, it wasn't a swipe or anything.  I'm 30 or so and I only have a 2 seater, on summer tires, in the northeast. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

Apparently the new CTS just won Motor Trend's Car of the Year...

Granted, looking back, a lot of terrible cars won this award, so I don't value it all that much.  There's a video on YouTube about it I plan on watching later.  I'll link it once I get home.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Catman

Dave needs a CTS V-Sport.

Lebowski

Eh, I don't know I'm w/ Dave on this one. I wouldn't drive a caddilac of you gave it to me.

MX793

I don't think the new CTS is nearly as handsome as the outgoing model.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

68_427

Its guard to argue with a car that stopes like a Porsche, handles like a Corvette, goes like an MP3, and rides like, well... a Cadillac.  All for less that the 535i/A6 you were looking at.
'racecar is die'
no

Colin

I disagree.......... I think it will be very hard to get people who like a BMW, Audi or Mercedes to change their buying habits and go Cadillac. Indeed, Jag have found this with the XF, which in the opinion of many journalists is at least as good if not better, and yet total sales are a fraction of those for the German trio.

And I suspect that sales of the CTS outside America,  just like with the last model, will approximate to the square root of zero. 

MrH

Quote from: 68_427 on November 08, 2013, 12:45:50 PM
Its guard to argue with a car that stopes like a Porsche, handles like a Corvette, goes like an MP3, and rides like, well... a Cadillac.  All for less that the 535i/A6 you were looking at.

Goes like an MP3?  You mean the Mazda Protege MP3 Edition?  What the hell is an MP3?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

My phone auto corrected M3 to mp3
'racecar is die'
no

Northlands

Well, if he likes the A6, it's a pretty different looking vehicle than the CTS-V. It'll be hard to convince anyone really to consider a car that far off in aesthetics alone. Both are great cars ability wise, but the Audi is pretty easy on the eyes.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Onslaught

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 06, 2013, 07:12:26 PM
I don't care.
You don't drive people around much then. If you only have 4 people in your car 2-3 times a year then it's not big deal. If you do it more then that it is a big deal.

One of the reasons I got the RX-8 over the G37s was because if I went with the G my friends wold want me to drive all the time because I'm better at.

Catman

A lot of Cadillac negativity here. The car looks handsome, performs excellent and is American. I'd get one if I could afford it.

Onslaught

American cars have a negative reputation with some people. I know more then one person who would never buy American.

Northlands

Quote from: Catman on November 08, 2013, 06:02:36 PM
A lot of Cadillac negativity here. The car looks handsome, performs excellent and is American. I'd get one if I could afford it.

I like it too. But if one is swooning over an Audi, I'm not sure they'd be attracted to the CTS. And vice versa.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Catman on November 08, 2013, 06:02:36 PM
GM finally builds the type of car that enthusiast have wanted for decades and now they complain about it being a Cadillac......
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Catman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on November 08, 2013, 07:57:48 PM
GM finally builds the type of car that enthusiast have wanted for decades and now they complain about it being a Cadillac......

Exactly, what a bunch of pretentious clowns!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

That is quite the review. Wowzers. I think the previous model looked better - though - and now at 4,000 lbs and 196" long it's a big ass car. But wow, sounds killer.

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Galaxy

Quote from: 68_427 on November 07, 2013, 11:52:19 PM
2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport vs 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport! - Head 2 Head Ep. 45

Why the GAP between the LEDs? Looks like the designers wanted a continuous line, and some decided it would be cheaper to interrupt it.

FoMoJo

Why not one of each.  A classy, elegant, silver A6 for those evenings at the symphony when you feel like dressing up in a tux and a then bright red CTS-V when your feeling a little crazy and want to dress up in your favourite raver gear and hit a couple of the local hot spots. :ohyeah:
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Catman

I'm pretty proud of Cadillac and their amazing turn around over the years.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Catman on November 09, 2013, 06:04:39 AM
I'm pretty proud of Cadillac and their amazing turn around over the years.
Cadillac has a good range if models now.  A lot of the old guys around here drive them...not the CTS-V.
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

dazzleman

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 09, 2013, 06:08:44 AM
Cadillac has a good range if models now.  A lot of the old guys around here drive them...not the CTS-V.

That's the whole problem with them.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Quote from: dazzleman on November 09, 2013, 06:37:02 AM
That's the whole problem with them.

Sounds like situation bias.  There's probably a lot of older guys driving them just like there's a lot of older guys driving Mercedes and BMW's.  The new BMW 5's look soft.  The A6 you can't go wrong with but it's German and they have a bad history with Nazis and stuff.  Plus look at this shit.

Cadillac is American. 

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on November 09, 2013, 06:42:37 AM
Sounds like situation bias.  There's probably a lot of older guys driving them just like there's a lot of older guys driving Mercedes and BMW's.  The new BMW 5's look soft.  The A6 you can't go wrong with but it's German and they have a bad history with Nazis and stuff.  Plus look at this shit.

Cadillac is American. 

Cadillac is part of Government Motors.

Lebowski

Speaking of Cadillac I had a nightmare that I bought am escalade last night.

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on November 09, 2013, 07:13:08 AM
Speaking of Cadillac I had a nightmare that I bought am escalade last night.

That is a nightmare.  I hate those ghettolicious cars.