Your next car?

Started by 2o6, September 30, 2012, 08:28:15 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

saxonyron

:cheers:  Congrats Dave! Looking forward to a few pics on Friday!  You have no idea how pleased I am with your purchase.  Glad the lure of the 4 rings finally dragged you over.  Another Audi in Carspinia is a good thing! 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Colin

Quote from: saxonyron on December 25, 2013, 11:10:48 PM
:cheers:  Congrats Dave!  Looking forward to a few pics on Friday!  You have no idea how pleased I am with your purchase.  Glad the lure of the 4 rings finally dragged you over.  Another Audi in Carspinia is a good thing! 
:hesaid:

FlatBlackCaddy

You damn audi people, just a bunch of fancy overpriced volkswagens

Colin

I am guessing that when Char comes on here and reads of Dave's new acquisition, he will simply burst with indignation.

saxonyron

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 26, 2013, 07:47:42 AM
You damn audi people, just a bunch of fancy overpriced volkswagens

But they're such nice fancy overpriced volkswagens!  And did you see how the A6 3.0 kicked the 535xi, E350 and CTS 3.6's butts in C&D this month?  Volkswagen my ass!!!  :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: saxonyron on December 26, 2013, 11:14:17 AM
But they're such nice fancy overpriced volkswagens!  And did you see how the A6 3.0 kicked the 535xi, E350 and CTS 3.6's butts in C&D this month?  Volkswagen my ass!!!  :devil:

Advertising dollar pay off.

MrH

Quote from: Colin on December 26, 2013, 08:13:32 AM
I am guessing that when Char comes on here and reads of Dave's new acquisition, he will simply burst with indignation.

:lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

saxonyron

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 26, 2013, 11:17:46 AM
Advertising dollar pay off.

:lol:  I always thought C&D was in bed with BMW.  :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Laconian

Quote from: Colin on December 26, 2013, 08:13:32 AM

80% odds he'll expose the A6 as a shameless rebadge of a VW Sharan.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on December 26, 2013, 12:23:32 PM
80% odds he'll expose the A6 as a shameless rebadge of a VW Sharan.

Hats Off to VW for making that platform super modular.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on December 26, 2013, 04:33:47 PM

Hats Off to VW for making that platform super modular.

The Beetle is an amazing basis for all automobiledom. VWAG4Lyfe
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rich

Quote from: dazzleman on December 24, 2013, 11:41:21 AM
I don't have it yet.  I find out on Friday when it will be delivered.

Today is the day :praise:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on December 27, 2013, 01:21:45 AM
Today is the day :praise:

:rockon:  I'm supposed to hear today to arrange pickup.  I think it will be next week.  I need the new car's VIN to arrange insurance before I can pick it up.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on December 27, 2013, 06:01:56 AM
:rockon:  I'm supposed to hear today to arrange pickup.  I think it will be next week.  I need the new car's VIN to arrange insurance before I can pick it up.

Can't do that over the phone at the dealership?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  on December 27, 2013, 10:25:47 AM
Can't do that over the phone at the dealership?

I could but that's not the best way.  I'm at work today anyway.  The insurance is now arranged.  They'll be emailing me and the dealer an insurance card today and I'll pick up the car tomorrow.  I have to go to the bank tomorrow morning to get a check to pay for the car.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on December 27, 2013, 10:31:22 AM
I could but that's not the best way.  I'm at work today anyway.  The insurance is now arranged.  They'll be emailing me and the dealer an insurance card today and I'll pick up the car tomorrow.  I have to go to the bank tomorrow morning to get a check to pay for the car.

Check?  That's so....pedestrian.  No fanfare.  No showmanship.  Get 60,000 $1 coins and throw them at them. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on December 27, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
Check?  That's so....pedestrian.  No fanfare.  No showmanship.  Get 60,000 $1 coins and throw them at them. 

$1 coins are for Canadians.  Suitcase full of bills is the way to go.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MrH

$60k? You need to go to the bank for that? Can't you just rather the loose change out of your couch and pay for it? :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on December 27, 2013, 01:28:46 PM
$1 coins are for Canadians.  Suitcase full of bills is the way to go.

Dollar bills don't hurt when you through them at someone.  They're car salesman, not strippers.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Northlands

Quote from: Raza  on December 27, 2013, 01:24:44 PM

Throw? No... make it rain.

Raining Gold

( this plus another...er... 59,500 coins. )

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Colin

When I bought my Abarth, I paid for it with my debit card.... (having warned the bank that there was a sizeable transaction due, just in case their anti-fraud detection systems had a panic attack). I did ask the salesman if he still got people coming in with the proverbial shoe box of used notes, and he said that it does, but not that often - the people who do so are, how can I put this in a PC correct way, well, not the same of socio-economic grouping or mindset as Dave.

But a cheque? ..... I thought that they had all but technically disappeared? I last wrote one in 2008!

Vinsanity

One of my utility providers charges $3 for every online billpay transaction. F that noise. I'll spend $0.47 or however much a stamp costs, and they can wait 3 days for the check to come in the mail.

TBR

Quote from: Colin on December 27, 2013, 02:58:06 PM
When I bought my Abarth, I paid for it with my debit card.... (having warned the bank that there was a sizeable transaction due, just in case their anti-fraud detection systems had a panic attack). I did ask the salesman if he still got people coming in with the proverbial shoe box of used notes, and he said that it does, but not that often - the people who do so are, how can I put this in a PC correct way, well, not the same of socio-economic grouping or mindset as Dave.

But a cheque? ..... I thought that they had all but technically disappeared? I last wrote one in 2008!

Don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US I don't think dealers take debit / credit because of the transaction fees (like 2% or something).

Colin

They are no transactions fees in UK for using Debit Cards, as they are seen as en electronic version of a cheque, with more security. For transactions like this (and assuming you had a large enough credit limit), there would probably be a credit card fee of something like 2%.

TBR

IDK what the fee structure is like for debit cards in the USA actually..there might just be a fixed fee per transaction now that I think about it. Not really sure. I get the impression that debit cards are much more widely used in Europe than in the US. Not really sure why that is.

GoCougs

Quote from: Colin on December 27, 2013, 02:58:06 PM

Hmmm. My last few cars (Accord, G37) I paid by personal check. Bank checks are a PITA. I'm sure a dealer would reject a credit/debit card owing to retailer fee (or charge you for it). Onetime online funds transfers are cumbersome. Carrying that much cash is asking for trouble. The dealer can with a quick phone call confirm that the check is good (or not) - works great IMO for big(ish) transactions.

2o6

Dealer took my Credit Card when I paid for my Yaris...

2o6

The dealer I work at takes Credit Card for sales transactions....we do it all the time.