Pics, specs, pricing: 07 Nissan Versa

Started by ifcar, October 27, 2005, 07:05:40 PM

thewizard16

I think it's ugly. The rear of the wagon looks Scion xA to me, and the sedan just looks kindof like it was pieced together, especially in the rear. The interior I think is also ugly, though very much Nissan. From the way they're marketing it, it seems they're aiming it pretty much directly at Scion.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raghavan

TBR

It's a subcompact, what do you expect? Anyway, I think it looks pretty nice and the pricing seems pretty good, what do you think ifcar? (since you know better than anyone else how the competition is priced, most of us don't pay much attention to this segment)

Raghavan

QuoteIt's a subcompact, what do you expect? Anyway, I think it looks pretty nice and the pricing seems pretty good, what do you think ifcar? (since you know better than anyone else how the competition is priced, most of us don't pay much attention to this segment)
Who says that a subcompact has to be bland?

TBR

The cost cutters, big wheels and glitzy trim aren't free.

MX793

I don't much care for the ass end of the sedan, but the hatch isn't too bad looking.  I'd rather have a Versa hatch than a Scion xA or xB.  Better looking, more power, 6MT...
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Fire It Up

They need a sport version that looked like that concept.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Secret Chimp

It looks better than the Echo, plus it offers a hatchback, which I don't think even the Rio offers anymore. I think the xB still has it beat for space.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

MX793

QuoteIt looks better than the Echo, plus it offers a hatchback, which I don't think even the Rio offers anymore. I think the xB still has it beat for space.
The next generation Echo (the Yaris) will supposedly be sold in hatchback form in the US.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ifcar

QuoteIt's a subcompact, what do you expect? Anyway, I think it looks pretty nice and the pricing seems pretty good, what do you think ifcar? (since you know better than anyone else how the competition is priced, most of us don't pay much attention to this segment)
Interior space will matter a great deal here, because it will determine whether the car is a viable alternative to a compact sedan/hatch rather than just other subcompacts, against which it is a bit expensive. The xA is cheaper, the xB is about the same price with more stuff and much more space, the Aveo is cheaper, the Rio is cheaper, the Accent will almost certainly be cheaper.

Again, if it has a roomy interior (which I have seen promised) then it's a great deal against an Elantra and overpriced against an Accent.  

Secret Chimp

Interior space will matter a great deal here, because it will determine whether the car is a viable alternative to a compact sedan/hatch rather than just other subcompacts, against which it is a bit expensive. The xA is cheaper, the xB is about the same price with more stuff and much more space, the Aveo is cheaper, the Rio is cheaper, the Accent will almost certainly be cheaper.

Again, if it has a roomy interior (which I have seen promised) then it's a great deal against an Elantra and overpriced against an Accent.
I bet the Aveo and Rio get worse in-city gas mileage, though.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SaltyDog

I priced mine out to be 13055 with no options other than the hatch and 1.8L.  For that a Focus or Elantra hatch looks a little more appealing.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SJ_GTI

QuoteIt looks better than the Echo, plus it offers a hatchback, which I don't think even the Rio offers anymore. I think the xB still has it beat for space.
The next generation Echo (the Yaris) will supposedly be sold in hatchback form in the US.
I saw a Yaris a couple days ago. I thought the Echo hatch was nicer (from the outside). The Aveo is nicer looking too.

ifcar

I bet the Aveo and Rio get worse in-city gas mileage, though.
Why?