Motor Trend: 2013 Audi S8: 0-60 3.5 s / 11.8 s 1/4 mile

Started by cawimmer430, October 26, 2012, 10:25:43 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on November 02, 2012, 02:03:03 PM
3 accidents since you've gotten the bike, right Sporty?  :tounge:
Yep. All within the first 3 months of riding. Been good since, knock on formica.

Quote from: Raza  on November 02, 2012, 02:15:02 PM
He just can't quit him.
Honsestly, who can blame him?

Xer0

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 02, 2012, 07:28:07 AM
If I have a bike I don't need a Miata, and MPG won't matter. Plus I can get a really old Forester and STi swap it. Logic fail
Its not about what he drives invalidating his opinion. Its about him backing up the claim that his "idea of fun is actually getting to exploit the limits of the car in a fairly controlled setting, and not playing NASCAR on the highway". If this is actually true he prob does track days regularly and has some sort of track friendly car. It could be a Corolla for all we know. Plus he keeps citing his automotive choices as "the right ones" but whenever people ask what they are he disappears (like he did here). Doesn't seem strange to you?

As far as this forum. People who care about cars are gonna be opinionated. People who don't don't post on car forums. It is what it is. At the end of the day this place is still a net plus to you otherwise you would not keep coming back. Did things get out of hand here? Probably. But when do they not? Threads where everyone agrees are short. If "arguing" is the problem then everyone is guilty.

This isn't arguing.  This is you having an opinion and then picking fights with people that don't share it.  You do this constantly in everything. 

Lebowski

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 02, 2012, 02:01:30 PM

No, neither you nor Lebowski "get it". There is a difference between "more dangerous" and "guaranteed to be fatal". Lebowski's goofy hyperbole shows he deems motorcycling to be a death wish, which is just not the case.

Again with this "guaranteed" business - Strawman Sporty, WTF are you talking about?  Nobody said that.  I didn't use hyperbole, you are once again attempting to put words in others' mouths.

And FWIW, no, being obese will not "guarantee" death either (other than the extent we're all guaranteed to die at some point), but it increases risk.  Your argument that "if it was really dangerous, nobody would ride" is a fucking joke, and the obesity example tears it to pieces (and all the more so if it did guarantee an early death, lol).  Justifying a bad decision based on the wisdom of "other people" is stupid.

You said, "Only upside to convertible is wifey can enjoy the weather w/o having to ride".  No, there are myriad other upsides.  Significantly safer, significantly more practical, more comfortable, can drive the vert in the context of doing other errands/commuting etc where you need the space.  I get that you have decided the significantly higher risk of death or life changing disability is worth taking, that doesn't mean a vert has no advantages ... and apparently "Wifey" agrees with me, lol.

But, nobody is trying to change your mind.

CJ

You all are being stupid. This is a stupid fast car and its also stupid luxurious. No problems. Don't like it? Cool. Like it? Great. Would rather have something else? Awesome.

MrH

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 02, 2012, 02:01:30 PM
I have been down, I've had contact with cars and I'm still here, unfortunately for you. I dont know what point youre trying to make or whose mind youre trying to change but you sound ridiculous. You are like one of those girls who tries to shit on someone to show they have a crush on them. Get off my dick

What can I say, the bad boy rebel attitude and motorcycle crash-capades are just so dreamy  :wub:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 03, 2012, 11:07:03 AM
Fact: cars crash more often than motorcycles.

Fact: There are more cars on the road than motorcycles.

Fact: toddlers fall down a lot more than cars crash.

Fact: I ate popcorn for lunch. And chips.
Will

sportyaccordy

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 03, 2012, 05:44:06 PM
Fact: There are more cars on the road than motorcycles.

Fact: toddlers fall down a lot more than cars crash.

Fact: I ate popcorn for lunch. And chips.
Fact, cars crash more per mile driven than bikes crash per mile ridden

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 03, 2012, 10:41:24 PM
Fact:  Motorcycle fatality rates are 5 times that of cars.

Like I said before,  I still want one.

Lebowski

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 03, 2012, 10:41:24 PM

See fact #3.  Motorcycles are still more dangerous..
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 04, 2012, 06:03:18 AM
See fact #3.  Motorcycles are still more dangerous..

I thought fact 3 was popcorn and chips for lunch.

Not very healthy, by the way. Too many empty carbs and fats.

Fact: more people die from diabeetus than motorcycles.

Lebowski

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 04, 2012, 07:11:39 AM

I thought fact 3 was popcorn and chips for lunch.

Not very healthy, by the way. Too many empty carbs and fats.

Fact: more people die from diabeetus than motorcycles.

Not true.  If diabeetus was all that dangerous, nobody would get it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lebowski on November 04, 2012, 08:19:27 AM
Not true.  If diabeetus was all that dangerous, nobody would get it.

It sneaks up on you. Once you have it, you don't even know you have it. You start to forget things, including your own identity. It's really sad to watch.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 04, 2012, 09:05:01 AM
It sneaks up on you. Once you have it, you don't even know you have it. You start to forget things, including your own identity. It's really sad to watch.

You have to be aware of sudden cravings for oatmeal and excessive moustache growth.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV