Nissan Titan

Started by SVT666, November 12, 2012, 04:30:47 PM

CJ

Quote from: Rupert on November 17, 2012, 01:49:48 PM
I don't think anything about those number is exceptional by today's standards...

For 1994, 30 MPG out of a car with 220 HP (I had a MBC on mine) and capable of 0-60 in the high 6 to low 7 second range, that's not bad.  Consider this...my 850 had as much power as a V8 Mustang and got significantly better mileage.  My dad's Sonata has 274 HP and is routinely capable of doing 34-37 MPG on the highway.  That's outstanding. 

AutobahnSHO

Yeah, my SHO had 220hp but got around 20city, 24highway. (I drove that thing with a lead foot EVERY time though..)
Will

Xer0

Besides, I'm sure that the titan doesnt sell for near MSRP anyway.

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on November 17, 2012, 07:38:30 AM
Which are perfectly fine in urban environments where you won't come close to 60 mph anyway...

The literal crime is their governments forbid them the choice.

GoCougs

Drive all those trucks the same way and they're all going to get about the same MPG. Slight differences to be encountered will be attributed more to gearing, weight, and aerodynamics mostly; e.g., than the engine. Any differences attributed to engines will come with specific technologies such as DI outside of turbo charging (which the EB has and none of the other engines do).

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2012, 03:19:16 PM
That right there is the core problem: A damned full-size pickup tih a 15second 1/4 mile and a 0-60 time of under 7 seconds: and people are whinign that its too slow?

For crissake's people, ALL of those are faster than a normal everyday use pickup has any business being.

And it's all paid for with credit for hillbillies who can barely afford the gas.