MB CLA revealed.....

Started by 2o6, December 24, 2012, 11:30:18 AM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

182" long!?  That's longer than my Jetta!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

The interior is nice, but what's going on with the nav screen?  It looks like a lazy afterthought, just like it does in the new G-550.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

I actually really like this.  I think it looks great.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 03:37:32 PM
I actually really like this.  I think it looks great.

And the CLA250 comes standard with a 6-speed M/T in Europe. Not sure if this will be offered in America, though.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

What a terrible looking car.

MexicoCityM3

I like it. I think Merc will move a lot of these.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

r0tor

It looks sort of umm... bent
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Catman

Quote from: r0tor on January 14, 2013, 06:42:36 PM
It looks sort of umm... bent

The whole design gives the car a very nose heavy look.

Xer0

Any word on pricing?  High 20's and things thing would do amazing.  Low 30s and you have much more competition.

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 14, 2013, 05:29:26 PM
And the CLA250 comes standard with a 6-speed M/T in Europe. Not sure if this will be offered in America, though.

I don't think I'd actually buy one.  With a sports car in the garage, I'd need something more practical.  I'd be far more likely to buy a Golf GTI or an Audi A3 than this.  But I do like it.  A lot.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

According to Bild prices in Europe should start 28,800 Euros for a base model and around 50,000 Euros for the AMG version.

Link: http://www.bild.de/auto/auto-news/mercedes-modelle/kompakt-stufenheck-limousine-a-klasse-kommt-2013-27506352.bild.html

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colonel Cadillac

No manual for the US. Another one off the list.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 15, 2013, 06:37:32 PM

Wait out. The CLA250 might be offered with the 6-speed in the US. There's no confirmation about this yet.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 15, 2013, 06:37:32 PM

Yeah, if that remains to be true, then yeah, as low on the list as it was, it's totally off now. 

My practical daily driver possibility list remains:
(Most likely)
Audi A3 2.0T FronTrak
Volkswagen Golf GTI MkVI 4 door
Saab 9-3 Viggen

(Less likely)
Honda Civic Si EP3
Mitsubishi Evo VIII/IX
Subaru WRX 09+ or pre-08

But again, we're a few years off. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

LonghornTX

I actually like it a lot...we will see about pricing. I have a feeling I will like the A3 sedan much more though.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

cawimmer430

Mercedes CLA-Class Two-Door Coupe Rendering
A look at what the 2014 CLA-Class would look like as a two-door coupe

Kicking things off this morning, we've got the latest renderings from one of our favorite automotive manipulators, Theophilus Chin.  In his latest rendering, Theophilus gives us a glimpse of what the all new 2014 CLA-Class would look like if instead it was designed as a two-door coupe. As for his choice of red paint, Chin explains that "red is an auspicious color for Chinese and today the Chinese and many East Asian celebrates Lunar New Year. And Chinese loves Mercedes-Benz too. So let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year."

As you'll see in the photos, Chin did an incredible job with the rendering, creating a model that looks ready to roll of the production line tomorrow.

As for whether or not we will ever see a two-door CLA-Class, judging by Mercedes' propensity to expand their model lineup, it's a very real possibility.  While the CLA-Class in and of itself is sporty looking as a four-door, there's no question that younger, first time Mercedes owners would be equally (if not more) drawn to a coupe variant.

Until then, take a moment to enjoy Chin's two door CLA renderings in all their illustrious glory.

Link: http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/mercedes-benz/concept-vehicles/mercedes-cla-class-two-door-coupe-rendering/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MrH

$29,900 to start in the US I heard.  You could probably get one pretty loaded up under $40k.

Are we going to get the A-class hatch after this?  Or at all?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

And it still looks fucking horrible.

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrH on February 11, 2013, 09:34:43 AM
$29,900 to start in the US I heard.  You could probably get one pretty loaded up under $40k.

Are we going to get the A-class hatch after this?  Or at all?

From what I've read the A-Class won't make it to the US. The CLA is basically an A-Class sedan with a trunk.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MrH

Ugh, lame.

I actually like the A-class hatch a lot.  Would have a been a good car suggestion for my mom.  The CLA is just too ugly to recommend.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Weird, I love the CLA.  Don't like that two door chop though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrH on February 11, 2013, 09:44:21 AM
Ugh, lame.

I actually like the A-class hatch a lot.  Would have a been a good car suggestion for my mom.  The CLA is just too ugly to recommend.

Maybe the CLA will look better in person. I can't wait to see one myself.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

First drive reviews published today.

Autoblog.com seemed to quite like it. Autocar were pretty luke warm........... awful ride (no surprise given the problems of the regular A Class hatch), poor rear visibility, very cramped rear accommodation for a car that is longer than the C Class. Strip away the hyperbole and if you don't like the styling (which I don't), sounds like this is a car with only limited appeal.... and that's before one looks at the likely price tag (which will be a lot higher than initially projected, as almost always seems to be the case these days).

93JC

Quote from: Colin on March 06, 2013, 03:11:26 PM
First drive reviews published today.

Autoblog.com seemed to quite like it. Autocar were pretty luke warm........... awful ride (no surprise given the problems of the regular A Class hatch), poor rear visibility, very cramped rear accommodation for a car that is longer than the C Class. Strip away the hyperbole and if you don't like the styling (which I don't), sounds like this is a car with only limited appeal.... and that's before one looks at the likely price tag (which will be a lot higher than initially projected, as almost always seems to be the case these days).

O_O

wat

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on March 06, 2013, 04:38:05 PM

O_O

wat

Yes. Which means there is no excuse for this thing to look so fucking ugly.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on March 06, 2013, 05:09:15 PM
Yes. Which means there is no excuse for this thing to look so fucking ugly.

It's the third best looking car Mercedes makes. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i