MB CLA revealed.....

Started by 2o6, December 24, 2012, 11:30:18 AM

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on March 19, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
The C class hatch did okay.  I bet this will do a lot better. 
Maybe people will be enthralled by the looks and the ability to get a cheap MB, but I think, given Audi's recent track record, that the A3 sedan will do this pretty dirty sales wise
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

cawimmer430

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 19, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
Maybe people will be enthralled by the looks and the ability to get a cheap MB, but I think, given Audi's recent track record, that the A3 sedan will do this pretty dirty sales wise

The A3 looks like a "hatch", the CLA does not (but the A-Class on which it based on is a hatch). From what I understand, Americans hate hatches because they associate them with "cheap and crappy cars".
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 20, 2013, 06:59:00 AM
The A3 looks like a "hatch", the CLA does not (but the A-Class on which it based on is a hatch). From what I understand, Americans hate hatches because they associate them with "cheap and crappy cars".

This is a farce that is proving to be untrue. The new Focus sells majority in hatchback form, as a few other models.

The A3 Sedan when it comes out will beat the brakes off the CLA stylistically. The A3 did mediocre here because of it's odd pricing (A GTI is almost as nice and wayy cheaper, and an A4 was not that much more and a better car).

cawimmer430

Mercedes CLA45 AMG images leak ahead of Big Apple debut

It's not terribly difficult to imagine what the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG will look like, or what it will perform like, for that matter. Take the basic recipe that is the recently introduced A45 AMG, throw in a swoopy and devastatingly attractive coupe-like sedan shell, mix and serve.

Under the CLA45 AMG's stylish hood will sit a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 360 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque, as is the case with the A45 AMG, and it will be paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. A sophisticated three-stage stability control system will help keep the power on the ground, which is good, since we're expecting a 0-60 run of around 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 155 miles per hour.

Even though you know pretty much all there is to know about the CLA45 AMG, you still want to see the gallery of leaked images above before the car makes its official debut in New York, right? We thought so. You know what to do.

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/19/mercedes-cla45-amg-images-leak-ahead-of-big-apple-debut/

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on March 20, 2013, 07:02:29 AM
This is a farce that is proving to be untrue. The new Focus sells majority in hatchback form, as a few other models.

I'm glad to hear that.

www.wimmerfotografie.de