C7 Corvette

Started by Cookie Monster, December 29, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

SVT666

JANUARY 12, 2013
Chevrolet reveals new Corvette in pre-sneak-preview sneak preview
by Otto Blopnik

Chevrolet has revealed pre-sneak preview reveal photos of the new 2014 Corvette ahead of the scheduled sneak preview reveal, media preview, media reveal, public media preview, preview reveal, public preview, and public reveal, some or all of which are scheduled for next week's North American International Auto Show Reveal in Detroit preview.

Media previewers were shocked to learn that the new Corvette looks nothing like the photos and images that have been circulating on the Web for months.

"It's true, the new 2014 Corvette looks a lot like the 2013 Malibu," sneaked Chevrolet spokesman Monte Carlo. "Actually, it is the 2013 Malibu, which has been rebadged as the Corvette."

Carlo said the change in body style was simply a matter of marketing.

"The terms '2014 Corvette' and 'C7 Corvette' have received over three hundred billion hits on Google in the last twelve months," he Googled. "Meanwhile, the term 'Chevrolet Malibu' has returned just four, at least 25% of which appear to be spelling errors. By changing the name of the car to Corvette, we're hoping to raise Chevrolet's profile in the mid-size sedan market."

"This is a big change for Chevrolet," analyzed Paul Eisensteinalysis, analyst for The Detroit Bureaucrat. "By changing the name of the Malibu, Chevrolet will change the car's name, and that represents a major change for Chevrolet, particularly to the name of the Malibu."

As for what will happen to the Malibu, Carlo said, "I can't really comment on future product, but you can expect the Malibu to re-emerge as a two-door fiberglass-bodied V8-powered coupe that will do nothing to change the perception that Americans don't know jack shit about building sports cars."

Asked about the alleged spy photos and computer-generated mock-ups that have appeared on sites such as Jablopnik and Autoblag, Carlo said, "Those are just some old photos from the C5 development program. Can you believe they took that shit seriously? It's like those mid-engine Corvette rumors from twenty years ago — turns out if you say the Corvette will be anything other than a plastic rear-drive coupe with an iron-block V8, it generates a shit-ton of ink. Seriously, man, you guys are too fucking easy. Hey, we're off the record, right?"

68_427

The hood vents on the Corvette are functional and at least creat some downforce.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

I love everything about it. Rear end is the best part, IMO.

Going to the Utah show next Saturday. With any luck they'll have one there, but it might be too soon.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 14, 2013, 12:55:06 AM
I love everything about it. Rear end is the best part, IMO.

Going to the Utah show next Saturday. With any luck they'll have one there, but it might be too soon.

There's an auto show in Utah?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

68_427

I cant wait to see it in laguna blue and lime rock green
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Colin

Have to say, I really rather like it.

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on January 13, 2013, 09:30:48 PM

I understand what they were going for, but interiors designed like this almost always lack flow and this is no exception.  It's very visually unappealing, like they designed the interior and then said "Oh shit, we have to put another chair next to this one...let's just tack it on." 

Yeah, not a huge fan of the interior design.  It looks like the materials and seats got an upgrade, but the overall design is not appealing to me.  Steering wheel looks kinda ugly, too.

I don't know, I don't love this car as much as I hoped I would, or as much as I loved the C6 when it first came out.

Onslaught

I'll need to see it in person. But I'm starting to not like it the more I look. It's got too much going on all over the place. It's like a redneck got a catalog and ordered parts on what was a nice looking car.

r0tor

The exterior to me looks like a 599 with viper bits thrown on and a gtr A pillar added... It's blended nice though except for that damn hood vent.

I completely dislike the interior and how the driver is so segregated from the passenger... Does not flow at all
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

mzziaz

Quote from: Lebowski on January 14, 2013, 05:06:14 AM

Yeah, not a huge fan of the interior design.  It looks like the materials and seats got an upgrade, but the overall design is not appealing to me.  Steering wheel looks kinda ugly, too.

I don't know, I don't love this car as much as I hoped I would, or as much as I loved the C6 when it first came out.

I'm disappointed, too.

I think this car will grow old fast. Too fuzzy design. Probably awesome performance/cost though.
Cuore Sportivo

Onslaught

:wtf:
Quote from: r0tor on January 14, 2013, 05:35:40 AM

I completely dislike the interior and how the driver is so segregated from the passenger... Does not flow at all
I don't mind that part. Fuck the passenger.

2o6

I don't like the greenhouse at all.

Atomic

A new generation Corvette for sure. Not just for the old beer belly retirees anymore  :winkguy:

Lebowski

Quote from: SVT666 on January 13, 2013, 08:25:13 PM

These images are a lot less flattering than the ones Greg posted earlier, particularly the rear end.  It looks very ... GM, I don't mean that in a good way.

I'll reserve further judgment til I see it in person this Saturday. I don't know, so far I'm just not loving it. I'm sure it'll be a beast performance wise, though.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on January 14, 2013, 06:59:49 AM
:wtf:
I don't mind that part. Fuck the passenger.

If that's what you're trying to do, it's going to be quite a reach over the optional wall. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on January 14, 2013, 07:50:53 AM

These images are a lot less flattering than the ones Greg posted earlier, particularly the rear end.  It looks very ... GM, I don't mean that in a good way.

I'll reserve further judgment til I see it in person this Saturday. I don't know, so far I'm just not loving it. I'm sure it'll be a beast performance wise, though.

I think that red doesn't work for it.  I saw it in a few other colors (namely gray and black) and it looks much better.  Still, not as good looking as the C6.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Atomic

It was on the news this a.m. that only high volume Chevrolet dealers meeting or exceeding sales quotas, agreeing to pay for the privilege of the new 'Vette and signing agreements with GM to make any needed upgrades will be able sell the new 2014 Corvette. I think this is how it's was gone with the Nissan GT and SRT Viper, eh?

Out local Chrysler-Jeep/Dodge-Ram outlet will be adding the SRT franchise in order to sell the current Viper upon completion of a new showroom. According to the owner, this was not a stipulation, rather the need for more space. The dealer also purchased several lots to add Fiat, Alpha Romeo and I think Maserati. His staff will be required to attend mandatory training to sell and service Viper's and later, all Italian makes and models added over time. 

Chevy's story was on "business news" aired from Detroit, Michigan, but I did not catch the outlet while sitting in a busy waiting room earlier. This (if understood correctly) should keep profits and residual values up with competition likely reduced from dealerships mere miles apart competing.

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 07:53:02 AM

I think that red doesn't work for it.  I saw it in a few other colors (namely gray and black) and it looks much better.  Still, not as good looking as the C6.

Yeah, I'm playing with the configurator on their website, looks much better in silver.  Still not as clean looking as the C6, though.

MrH

I'm not going to lie, this vehicle almost instills a sense of pride.  First vehicle in awhile that I'm actually proud this country produced :lol:

To you guys jokingly talking about the interior, they brought in the big dogs on this one.  Should be top notch.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2013, 08:14:19 AM
I'm not going to lie, this vehicle almost instills a sense of pride.  First vehicle in awhile that I'm actually proud this country produced :lol:

To you guys jokingly talking about the interior, they brought in the big dogs on this one.  Should be top notch.

The interior may be very high quality, that doesn't make it an appealing design. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 08:18:35 AM
The interior may be very high quality, that doesn't make it an appealing design. 

Well, that's at least subjective.  Some seem to like it.  At least we won't hear the Fischer Price mantra anymore.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2013, 08:24:25 AM
Well, that's at least subjective.  Some seem to like it.  At least we won't hear the Fischer Price mantra anymore.

You probably still will, from the British media.   :lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 07:51:52 AM
If that's what you're trying to do, it's going to be quite a reach over the optional wall. 
:lol:

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 08:49:47 AM
You probably still will, from the British media.   :lol:

:lol:

We'll still get something ridiculous out of Clarkson:

"This is the worst vehicle ever made.  Absolute rubbish....BUT IT'S BRILLIANT!"

Some shit about how much it's fun because it's so crazy and deadly and poorly done.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on January 14, 2013, 07:00:42 AM
I don't like the greenhouse at all.
I like it! It doesn't look like a regular old hatchback anymore! I gotta see it in person but so far I have no complaints!
Quote from: Raza  on January 14, 2013, 08:18:35 AM
The dash looks like a Sting Ray to me......
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

hotrodalex

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 14, 2013, 01:02:51 AM
There's an auto show in Utah?

An auto expo, not a show where stuff is released.

S204STi

S204STi

At least the rear end looks like they actually tried to style it, this time.  In previous versions it's like they got bored at the back and gave up.

SVT666

The rear end looks worse today than it did yesterday.  I don't know how this styling will age gracefully at all.

Galaxy

Quote from: SVT666 on January 13, 2013, 06:13:21 PM
It's almost too flashy...like a tuner car.  It almost looks like it could be a Lingenfelter...almost.

That is my complaint about the new Audi RS6, and the facelifted E 63 AMG. But this is a Vette.  Yes they did overdo the rear, and the the quad exhaust pipes border on tacky, but all in all I really like this. I wonder if the vents would look better in body color though.