C7 Corvette

Started by Cookie Monster, December 29, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

Lebowski

I didn't like the steering wheel in pics, but looks ok in person.

Minpin

It looks fine, but seems like there's a bit too much going on in general. Both exterior and interior. I like the looks of the standard better overall.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

MrH

Only thing I don't like about the wheel, is with the manual transmission, you get paddle shifters to turn on and off auto Rev matching. Seems like a really stupid placement IMO. Get rid of them, and just give me a button on the center stack somewhere.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

I think the paddles are better than a button.  Better placement, can be used with both hands with out taking your eyes off the wheels, and cheap.  Win win win win
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on April 13, 2014, 04:56:11 PM
I think the paddles are better than a button.  Better placement, can be used with both hands with out taking your eyes off the wheels, and cheap.  Win win win win

Who's turning rev-matching on and off while they're slinging the thing around a track, though...? 

GoCougs

Probably just cost savings - the AT car has paddle shifters too. Now both the MT and AT cars have the same wheel and column and no futzing about where to put the optional rev match button on the console or dash.

giant_mtb

Quote from: GoCougs on April 13, 2014, 06:43:48 PM
Probably just cost savings - the AT car has paddle shifters too. Now both the MT and AT cars have the same wheel and column and no futzing about where to put the optional rev match button on the console or dash.

That was my figuring as well.

CALL_911

Quote from: MrH on April 13, 2014, 04:46:26 PM
Only thing I don't like about the wheel, is with the manual transmission, you get paddle shifters to turn on and off auto Rev matching. Seems like a really stupid placement IMO. Get rid of them, and just give me a button on the center stack somewhere.

I was wondering why the manual car had paddles

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Payman

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 13, 2014, 07:54:32 PM
I was wondering why the manual car had paddles

If the engine dies you can row back to shore, duh.

MrH

Quote from: GoCougs on April 13, 2014, 06:43:48 PM

It is, but it's a lazy penny pinching move IMO.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

280Z Turbo

Back in the old days, they just would have put caps over the paddle holes.

SJ_GTI

Interior looks good IMHO. I like the way the steering wheel looks (at least in pictures).   :huh:

Exterior is a bit fussy (seems like a lot of details added on), but not bad.

r0tor

I sat in a C7 at our local autoshow and was still just as unimpressed as any other corvette... Styling is just fussy inside and out like every other generation I have been in
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

2o6

If you guys don't think the C7's interior is an improvement over the C6, then you're being a fucking idiot.

Raza

Starting to see these now.  From a distance, they look really good.  Haven't seen one up close yet, but I agree, in pictures, it looks way too fussy. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hotrodalex

MexicoCityM3

I recently sat in one. Loved it, they fixed the interior. There is no better sports car for the price. End of story.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

GoCougs

Not sure what the complaint is. You have to spend almost double $$$ to get the next closest equivalent in experience and performance (= 911 CS).

SVT666

I was always a Viper fan since 1991, but the Corvette just kicks it's ass for half the cost.  I'm in the Corvette camp now.

GoCougs

Very bad project management with the current Viper. Pretty much no one wants a car purposefully designed to be exceedingly crude; certainly not a ~$100,000+ car. The Viper in its heyday was crude because, well, most all cars were. No reason to continue that legacy if not necessary.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza  on April 14, 2014, 09:47:34 AM
Starting to see these now.  From a distance, they look really good.  Haven't seen one up close yet, but I agree, in pictures, it looks way too fussy. 

If it had fewer creases and vents, it would look a lot better.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on April 14, 2014, 12:12:37 PM
Very bad project management with the current Viper. Pretty much no one wants a car purposefully designed to be exceedingly crude; certainly not a ~$100,000+ car. The Viper in its heyday was crude because, well, most all cars were. No reason to continue that legacy if not necessary.

Whats crude about a Viper compared to a GT3 RS or 458 Speciale  :confused:

Track day specials have never been about refinement
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

thewizard16

Quote from: Raza  on April 14, 2014, 09:47:34 AM
Someone at my gym has one and I really like it in person. It's black and it looks very sharp. I like the lighting on it too, it is distinctive and easy to pick out the LED DRLs and tails without looking too ridiculous.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quote from: thewizard16 on April 15, 2014, 01:05:10 AM
Someone at my gym has one and I really like it in person. It's black and it looks very sharp. I like the lighting on it too, it is distinctive and easy to pick out the LED DRLs and tails without looking too ridiculous.

This one is yellow.  I see it sometimes in the morning when I'm running late, going the opposite way on I95.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 14, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
Whats crude about a Viper compared to a GT3 RS or 458 Speciale  :confused:

Track day specials have never been about refinement

Viper is not a track car.

12,000 RPM

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 15, 2014, 09:04:03 AM
Viper is not a track car.
Viper is definitely a track car.

GoCougs

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 15, 2014, 09:59:24 AM
A convenient fabrication.

C'mon, man. The Viper has been as much a track car as a Corvette Z06/ZR1, which is to say it's not a track car. At most one can rationally say the ACR version was a track car.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on April 15, 2014, 10:17:44 AM
C'mon, man. The Viper has been as much a track car as a Corvette Z06/ZR1, which is to say it's not a track car. At most one can rationally say the ACR version was a track car.
C6 Z06 & ZR1 aren't as track biased but they are definitely track cars too. And they are not much less crude than the Viper. Viper has never been a comfy long distance GT... it's a rough and tumble sports car with performance and concessions heavily biased to the track.

Catman

C'mon people, Vipers and Corvettes are not cars at all.