C7 Corvette

Started by Cookie Monster, December 29, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: GoCougs on April 15, 2014, 09:04:03 AM
Viper is not a track car.

No more than a GT3 RS or a 458 Speciale
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FlatBlackCaddy

I miss the Ford GT. Even years after it's demise it's still better than these two cars.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Catman on April 15, 2014, 05:39:55 PM
C'mon people, Vipers and Corvettes are not cars at all.

:lol: :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on April 16, 2014, 07:27:54 AM
I miss the Ford GT. Even years after it's demise it's still better than these two cars.

Om nom nom.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

Hot damn.  That thing is RAW-DICK-A-LAUS!
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

I saw a C7 in the airport arrivals row. Still not looking crappy/plasticky. So far so good.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

GoCougs

I've seen a few up close (was shopping/looking at ZL1s last week) and it's kinda platicky looking when you get right up to it (could've just been the color - the one I saw was a rather drab gray).

Anyway, the C7 Z06 is officially rated at an SAE 650 hp and 650 lb-ft. Wow.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Laconian on April 30, 2014, 10:45:37 PM
I saw a C7 in the airport arrivals row. Still not looking crappy/plasticky. So far so good.

I saw a C6 and C7 parked next to each other this weekend, both were the nice dark red color. C7 looked much better than the C6. Sleeker, crisper, faster, more modern.

Lebowski

I think from certain angles it looks great and the profile is stunning. But certain details esp the rear end and many of the vents are cheap and plasticky looking IMO. Overall the C6 is the better looking of the two, adjusting for age (C7 looks newer/fresher obviously, but compared to the C6 vs the competition back in '05, it isn't as good looking IMO).

SJ_GTI

Saw a C7 (white) tooling about my town this weekend. Looks very good IMHO.

In sadder news, I found out the doctor my brother works for (brother is an x-ray tech) decided not to get a new Corvette this time around and instead opted for an S8. I think he is getting soft in his old age.  :lol:

Catman

Quote from: Lebowski on June 09, 2014, 01:21:01 PM
I think from certain angles it looks great and the profile is stunning. But certain details esp the rear end and many of the vents are cheap and plasticky looking IMO. Overall the C6 is the better looking of the two, adjusting for age (C7 looks newer/fresher obviously, but compared to the C6 vs the competition back in '05, it isn't as good looking IMO).

Yeah I agree.  I think the vents would be better without the plastic inserts and the rear needs to be rid of all the black.

Less is more

Rich

I really enjoyed this C&D Car Nerds series on Corvette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNTak1RHeU
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

Well I just worked on one last week. Someone ran one under a truck and fucked up the front end. I was shocked at how easy the front bumper and fenders and stuff come off it. Most Vets in the past are kind of a pain in the butt to work on. I think you could pull the front bumper off with a good pull of your hands if you really wanted to. And while the interior is way better then in the past it could still use some work. I noticed some things moving around that shouldn't And I was also surprised at the lack of room in them. I can fit in many sports cars just fine but I had a real problem with head room and my ass fitting in the seat. And keep in mind I have a car with nonadjustable RECARO seats made to fit Japanese people so my ass isn't the problem.

Lebowski

Quote from: Onslaught on June 23, 2014, 03:49:01 PM

And I was also surprised at the lack of room in them. I can fit in many sports cars just fine but I had a real problem with head room and my ass fitting in the seat. And keep in mind I have a car with nonadjustable RECARO seats made to fit Japanese people so my ass isn't the problem.

This was mentioned a few pages back but I was surprised by this as well after sitting in it in Detroit. Felt noticeably smaller and more cramped inside than my C6.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Lebowski on June 23, 2014, 04:40:44 PM
This was mentioned a few pages back but I was surprised by this as well after sitting in it in Detroit. Felt noticeably smaller and more cramped inside than my C6.
Lots of the C6 guys mentioned this after sitting in the C7!

Lebowski

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on June 23, 2014, 05:45:03 PM

Lots of the C6 guys mentioned this after sitting in the C7!

Kind of an odd decision given the demographic of corvette buyers. I'm not a big guy (5'10" and ~180lbs), and I felt cramped.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

I could drive one. But I'm not sure I'd ever be really comfortable. I can get more comfortable in the FD RX-7 then I can the C7 and that's strange seeing that American cars normally have way more room in them.

But boy when you put that thing in Sport or Track mode it sounds sooooooooo fucking good. Not sure how I feel about the push button door handles to get in and out.

68_427

The C6 had the same type of door handles.  Not sure about the C5.
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Onslaught on June 23, 2014, 09:00:14 PM
I could drive one. But I'm not sure I'd ever be really comfortable. I can get more comfortable in the FD RX-7 then I can the C7 and that's strange seeing that American cars normally have way more room in them.

But boy when you put that thing in Sport or Track mode it sounds sooooooooo fucking good. Not sure how I feel about the push button door handles to get in and out.
My C6 had them and I despised the damn things! Thats the only thing I really hated about my car!

Lebowski

Never bothered me.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Lebowski on June 24, 2014, 05:47:20 AM
Never bothered me.
I think mine had a bad actuator! A couple times I had to use the manual latches on the floor!

Gotta-Qik-C7

I was just on Chevys website and I noticed the price of the Z51 package has jumped from $2500 to $5000!!

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on September 04, 2014, 02:21:06 PM
I was just on Chevys website and I noticed the price of the Z51 package has jumped from $2500 to $5000!!

Read the fine print, all Z51's now include a spare motor for track use.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 13, 2014, 07:47:36 AM
Read the fine print, all Z51's now include a spare motor for track use.
:shakesfist:

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

FlatBlackCaddy

Is that rain or a pool of oil under the front of the car?