2014 Jeep Cherokee

Started by 93JC, February 22, 2013, 11:49:37 AM

LonghornTX

Quote from: MX793 on March 30, 2013, 12:07:31 PM
The more I see, the more this thing smacks of Pontiac Aztek.  Particularly the front 2/3s.
Aztec seems like a bit of a stretch...
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

LonghornTX

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on March 31, 2013, 09:13:53 AM
Ya. What the fuck.

They build two brilliantly looking SUVs in the Durango and GC with the remodel. Now they build this. Fucking Chrysler.

Is there a boost to MPGs or something to make it worth buying? Sweet hell. Nobody is going to pay 35k for that GC. Bring on the discounts.
This will likely have the first 9 spd on the market

SVT666

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 31, 2013, 01:39:55 PM
This will likely have the first 9 spd on the market
That doesn't excuse the styling.

This thing is hideous.  It's almost like the designers made a bet to see who could design the ugliest car management would green light.

GoCougs

Absolutely awful. Looks like a Traverse + Escape.

Atomic

I think it will catch on and have a strong following. I have a love-hate relationship with it. It's not boring and is a car that I always say "evokes passion" and that's what Jeep obvious intended for this new vehicle. Jeep has obviously succeeded with its 2014-MY Cherokee.

MX793

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
Aztec seems like a bit of a stretch...

The front wheel fender cutout shape, the angle that the A pillar meets with the hood, the hood angle, the spacing between the top of the front wheel arch and the hood, the stacked headlights/turn signals...  In profile, the front 1/2 to 2/3s has a surprising resemblance to the Aztek.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

Quote from: Atomic on March 31, 2013, 02:39:06 PM
I think it will catch on and have a strong following. I have a love-hate relationship with it. It's not boring and is a car that I always say "evokes passion" and that's what Jeep obvious intended for this new vehicle. Jeep has obviously succeeded with its 2014-MY Cherokee.
Yup.  Wrong kind of passion though.

MexicoCityM3

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh at NYIAS.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

r0tor

I'm planning a lawsuit because the se of the name Cherokee on this butt ugly thing could effect my JGC resale value
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

LonghornTX

Quote from: SVT666 on March 31, 2013, 02:04:05 PM
That doesn't excuse the styling.

This thing is hideous.  It's almost like the designers made a bet to see who could design the ugliest car management would green light.
I was responding to his last sentence.

I think it is pretty decent looking, certainly better than some of the other rather boring entrants in the segment

LonghornTX

Quote from: MX793 on March 31, 2013, 02:44:48 PM
The front wheel fender cutout shape, the angle that the A pillar meets with the hood, the hood angle, the spacing between the top of the front wheel arch and the hood, the stacked headlights/turn signals...  In profile, the front 1/2 to 2/3s has a surprising resemblance to the Aztek.
I don't really see it as a whole, but looking at individual details I guess you could try to draw parallels. The only reason that people have brought up Aztek is that some people are trying to search for an extreme comparison to justify their opinions, not because they actually look that much alike.

2o6

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 31, 2013, 07:49:38 PM
I was responding to his last sentence.

I think it is pretty decent looking, certainly better than some of the other rather boring entrants in the segment

I disagree, stylistically, I think it comes dead last. The Sportage is still pretty great looking, and the Escape looks pretty nice, too.

I don't think the car is a total loss, I think the profile looks decent, and it looks almost passable with the darker cladding. Maybe a facelift will make it significantly less ugly.

LonghornTX

Quote from: 2o6 on April 01, 2013, 06:16:41 AM
I disagree, stylistically, I think it comes dead last. The Sportage is still pretty great looking, and the Escape looks pretty nice, too.

I don't think the car is a total loss, I think the profile looks decent, and it looks almost passable with the darker cladding. Maybe a facelift will make it significantly less ugly.

I would take a Trail Hawk over a RAV4 or CR-V any day of the week

Atomic

Quote from: LonghornTX on April 01, 2013, 04:52:58 PM
I would take a Trail Hawk over a RAV4 or CR-V any day of the week

Same here. I keep hearing that it's a vehicle to looks far better in person than in pics.

Catman

This thread should be deleted. This vehicle sucks.

280Z Turbo

Other than squinty headlamps, I see nothing wrong with it.

WookieOnRitalin

I'm retracting my previous statement.

The design is growing on me daily and I'm finding myself enjoying the quirky design. After finding out more details about the engines available including a nice V6, I may look at this as a Kizashi replacement down the road. Maybe I'm bias because of the love I had for my old Jeep.

1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on April 02, 2013, 02:45:01 PM
This thread should be deleted. This vehicle sucks.
Agreed.  I think this thread should be set on fire.

Catman

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on April 24, 2013, 10:54:13 AM
I'm retracting my previous statement.

The design is growing on me daily and I'm finding myself enjoying the quirky design. After finding out more details about the engines available including a nice V6, I may look at this as a Kizashi replacement down the road. Maybe I'm bias because of the love I had for my old Jeep.

Growing like fungus on a toe nail.

Atomic

The JC looked great in Limited trim and the rugged Trailhawk was especially nice up-close at the New York NAIAS. Yesterday, I read that a clean diesel will eventually be offered (as early as the 1st MY) -- outside of NA to begin with...

keith217

I think the Grand Cherokee is a great looking car. Honestly, I'm debating picking one up myself. The lease deals are pretty good. Under 300$/mo. I'm not sure how I feel about Jeeps reliability and technology yet, but I'm interested to say the least.

MrH

Quote from: keith217 on May 24, 2013, 01:35:05 PM
I think the Grand Cherokee is a great looking car. Honestly, I'm debating picking one up myself. The lease deals are pretty good. Under 300$/mo. I'm not sure how I feel about Jeeps reliability and technology yet, but I'm interested to say the least.

How much down?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV