Ferrari LaFerrari

Started by SVT666, March 05, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

hotrodalex

Lotus's are go carts, so yeah they're gonna be fun at any speed. Not sure you can say the same about the newest batch of super cars, since I haven't driven any. But it seems less likely.

NomisR

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 19, 2013, 06:58:26 PM
Lotus's are go carts, so yeah they're gonna be fun at any speed. Not sure you can say the same about the newest batch of super cars, since I haven't driven any. But it seems less likely.

But then again, if you look at the supercars of the past, they weren't really all that great to drive to begin with.. well, I mean they're great but that's providing you can actually get it to drive to begin with.  But I think the less fun that people are having with these cars are more the fear of crashing them than anything though.

12,000 RPM

If I can afford something like a LaFerrari, I can afford to ball it up on the track in its element...

I do think way more of the appeal of many older supercars was their sense of occasion though. For example I'm not sure a Countach would be more fun to drive than something like even a mundane 911 Carrera, with its confidence sapping width + size, He-Man heft controls and unsorted chassis. But then again, a Countach makes a hell of a bigger statement than a 911. Way more curb appeal, partially unfairly due to nostalgia. There are exceptions though.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

I don't think the Countach was ever considered good to drive, even in its heyday.  It was really more of a fashion statement than a true, well-rounded performance car.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

NomisR

Quote from: MX793 on June 21, 2013, 01:24:24 PM
I don't think the Countach was ever considered good to drive, even in its heyday.  It was really more of a fashion statement than a true, well-rounded performance car.

It's a really badass looking tractor. 

But seriously, it's probably harder to get out of than the Elise because of the damn doors, and the earlier one that I drove, drove like shit... compared to today's car...

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

He was focused

I feel like these cars are getting to be too fast for Fiorano... its like a normal car on a kart track
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

veeman

Quote from: MX793 on June 21, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

whenever i hear Countach, I think of Cannonball Run and the two hot chicks who were driving it.  They won the race in the end too because Dom Deluise messed up.  Good memories.

Raza

Quote from: veeman on August 10, 2013, 12:36:03 AM
whenever i hear Countach, I think of Cannonball Run and the two hot chicks who were driving it.  They won the race in the end too because Dom Deluise messed up.  Good memories.

:muffin:

Love that movie. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 09, 2013, 11:10:19 PM
Alonso drives the LaFerrari

:wub:

Maybe it's the child in me, but I still love when doors scissor up on super cars.  Makes me all giddy.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on August 10, 2013, 09:43:42 AM
:wub:

Maybe it's the child in me, but I still love when doors scissor up on super cars.  Makes me all giddy.

Those aren't scissor doors.   :lol:

Scissor doors are more straight up.  These are butterfly doors.  Come on, you're an interior decorator, you should know the difference!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.