Ferrari LaFerrari

Started by SVT666, March 05, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

cawimmer430

The name is kind of cheesy, but that's a gorgeous car.

That new Lamborghini...now THAT is hideous.  :facepalm:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hotrodalex

Quote from: r0tor on March 06, 2013, 06:45:50 AM
I thought the name was a joke the first time I read it

Yeah I thought SVT posted another Autoblopnik article.

LonghornTX

The name is silly, but if I was a bettin' man, I would say this car will likely wipe the floor with its competitors. I definitely prefer it the P1, though the 918 is far and away more attractive than either to me. The Lambo is cool because only Lambo can pull that off, and that is why Lambo is my favorite of all these brands. They don't give a f*ck
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Onslaught

Cookie Monster

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 06, 2013, 11:34:58 AM
The Lambo is cool because only Lambo can pull that off, and that is why Lambo is my favorite of all these brands. They don't give a f*ck

I feel like this is just an excuse for Lamborghinis to get away with being ugly.

They come out with a steaming pile of shit and people just say "OMG I love Lambo! They do such crazy shit since they don't give a fuck! :wub: "
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Onslaught

I like Ferrari BECAUSE they don't try and pull that shit off all the time. I for one don't agree with Top Gear that supercars should look nuts and something a child would draw. If I had the money for a car like that I'd want it to look good.  That's why I think modern Lambo's and Zonda's look like shit.

Secret Chimp

The side scoops are pretty out there but I dig how it looks overall.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

LonghornTX

Quote from: thecarnut on March 06, 2013, 02:11:02 PM
I feel like this is just an excuse for Lamborghinis to get away with being ugly.

They come out with a steaming pile of shit and people just say "OMG I love Lambo! They do such crazy shit since they don't give a fuck! :wub: "
No, it gives them an excuse to get away with aggressive/angular designs like the Veneno. People have different tastes in car design and I applaud them for thinking outside of the box. Plus, they only do it on extremely limited run cars; their mainstream cars are much more reserved by comparison. The Aventador is easily one of the most appealing and cohesive (IMO at least) super car designs out right now.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Onslaught on March 06, 2013, 02:15:41 PM
I like Ferrari BECAUSE they don't try and pull that shit off all the time. I for one don't agree with Top Gear that supercars should look nuts and something a child would draw. If I had the money for a car like that I'd want it to look good.  That's why I think modern Lambo's and Zonda's look like shit.
So you would buy an Aston. Boom, problem solved.

2o6

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 06, 2013, 06:15:38 PM
No, it gives them an excuse to get away with aggressive/angular designs like the Veneno. People have different tastes in car design and I applaud them for thinking outside of the box. Plus, they only do it on extremely limited run cars; their mainstream cars are much more reserved by comparison. The Aventador is easily one of the most appealing and cohesive (IMO at least) super car designs out right now.

I find the Aventador to be fairly lazy in design, honestly.

LonghornTX

Quote from: 2o6 on March 06, 2013, 06:23:43 PM
I find the Aventador to be fairly lazy in design, honestly.
Says the guy who is the biggest Chinese rip-off design apologist on this board. But hey, you can certainly have your opinion. I, for one, would not call this "lazy":

2o6

Quote from: LonghornTX on March 06, 2013, 06:29:08 PM
Says the guy who is the biggest Chinese rip-off design apologist on this board. But hey, you can certainly have your opinion. I, for one, would not call this "lazy":

For starters, you misread my posts as "apologists" as more so applauding their recent competence. Most of their shit is cloned, and it's easy to find out what is cloned and what isn't. I also think that they have some interesting design principles when they do occasionally let a glimmer of design out of the backroom (Geely GT concept, the first one; Beijing 700R), but since you see me say hmm, maybe it's a decent car I just must be ready to trade in my Yaris for the next Great Wall Cool Bear.

Reminds me too much of the Gallardo/Murcielago in actual proportion. Sesto Elemento was even worse. Maybe it's different in the flesh; I have never seen one. But when the Aventador came out, I literally just thought it was a special edition of a car they already make. Did I say it was bad? No. It looks awesome.

The latest concept, IMO, is really crazy and strange, but it's unique. Doesn't really share much in terms of design with the other cars.

LonghornTX

Quote from: 2o6 on March 06, 2013, 06:34:12 PM
For starters, you misread my posts as "apologists" as more so applauding their recent competence. Most of their shit is cloned, and it's easy to find out what is cloned and what isn't. I also think that they have some interesting design principles when they do occasionally let a glimmer of design out of the backroom (Geely GT concept, the first one; Beijing 700R), but since you see me say hmm, maybe it's a decent car I just must be ready to trade in my Yaris for the next Great Wall Cool Bear.

Reminds me too much of the Gallardo/Murcielago in actual proportion. Sesto Elemento was even worse. Maybe it's different in the flesh; I have never seen one. But when the Aventador came out, I literally just thought it was a special edition of a car they already make. Did I say it was bad? No. It looks awesome.

The latest concept, IMO, is really crazy and strange, but it's unique. Doesn't really share much in terms of design with the other cars.
Maybe I misread your posts, but I seem to remember on a number of occasions you defending many of the designs that you posted, upon many here calling them out as rip-offs or just straight up ugly. Maybe you have different standards for the Chinese than you do for Western automakers, which I guess I can understand to a certain degree...To me, ripping something off is the ultimate in design laziness.

BTW, in person the Aventador looks much different than the Murci, much more taught and compact.

Cookie Monster

The Aventador is too angled chiseled for my tastes. I much prefer the softer lines of the Murci.

I don't understand how anyone could look at the Veneno and think it looks anything other than shit, but thats your opinion. :huh:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

LonghornTX

Quote from: thecarnut on March 06, 2013, 06:49:55 PM
The Aventador is too angled chiseled for my tastes. I much prefer the softer lines of the Murci.

I don't understand how anyone could look at the Veneno and think it looks anything other than shit, but thats your opinion. :huh:
Same people who think modern art or architecture looks good, when others think it looks stupid. There is always two sides to design. Besides, as I noted earlier, these are more meant to be expressions of extreme design, that, like some pieces of art, only appeal to a narrow audience. They clearly appeal to some people enough to plop down $4M+. I think it is pretty smart that they can essentially get people to pay extreme amounts of money for limited runs of their concept cars. At the same time, their mainstream cars are almost universally lauded as jaw dropping.

Submariner

Quote from: thecarnut on March 05, 2013, 05:48:12 PM
You want to see over the top?

Look at this monstrosity:

It's not pretty, but it's so over the top I cannot help but love it. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

The dorsal fin is awful. 

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MrH

Quote from: Submariner on March 06, 2013, 09:59:42 PM
It's not pretty, but it's so over the top I cannot help but love it. 

Like school in July...no class.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Galaxy

The Aventador is also one of my favorites.

Northlands

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on March 07, 2013, 05:40:19 AM
:wub:

I'm with you. The Aventador is pretty awesome.

The Ferrari is pretty cool. Just needs a new name.  :nutty:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

hotrodalex

Rich

Yes please.

I have no idea how these cars are engineered by Italians.  I wonder if Ferrari just imports workers from other parts of the world.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

MrH

Quote from: HotRodPilot on March 07, 2013, 12:46:53 PM

I have no idea how these cars are engineered by Italians.  I wonder if Ferrari just imports workers from other parts of the world.

:lol:  +1

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Check out the latest blipshift shirt.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger