Audi #5 now in my driveway

Started by saxonyron, April 02, 2013, 10:47:33 PM

68_427

Also the company that did the tune in the video (ReVo) recently merged with Stasis Engineering.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SJ_GTI

Quote from: MrH on April 05, 2013, 10:55:22 AM
Yeah, I agree.  I'd be more concerned about the transmission than the engine though.

Looks like for the stock tune, it cuts boost pretty dramatically at the upper revs.  This just allows it to mostly maintain boost in the upper revs.

But I'd prefer want a 6-speed with it.  Grenading a conventional clutch isn't that big of a deal.  Blowing up a DSG is a costly repair.

Looking at that chart I gotta think getting a tune wouldn't really make much difference for ~95% of my driving. And as I mentioned earlier, I don't think I have ever actually thought to myself that I didn't have enough power. If I was tracking the car I might feel differently I guess.

dazzleman

Ron's new car looks pretty sweet.  Got a ride in it this morning and the acceleration and handling seemed really good.  Ron was driving like a maniac.  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on April 06, 2013, 12:08:45 PM
Ron's new car looks pretty sweet.  Got a ride in it this morning and the acceleration and handling seemed really good.  Ron was driving like a maniac.  :lol:

I realized about half way home that I wanted you to drive it back to your house after breakfast.  I need to lure you away from the Evil Empire into an A7!  And I wasn't driving at all like a maniac.  The clueless boob in the Hyundai who kept jabbing on his brakes, signalling left and swerving right made me look more maniacal than I was.  Any other time I drove maniacally after that was still his fault.   Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, you know?

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Atomic

Quote from: saxonyron on April 06, 2013, 01:04:19 PM
I realized about half way home that I wanted you to drive it back to your house after breakfast.  I need to lure you away from the Evil Empire into an A7!  And I wasn't driving at all like a maniac.  The clueless boob in the Hyundai who kept jabbing on his brakes, signalling left and swerving right made me look more maniacal than I was.  Any other time I drove maniacally after that was still his fault.   Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, you know?

I think that was Clay and Joe in the Hyundai on one of their many awesome jaunts. I bet they will have every mile of the entire Tri-State region covered by the end of this vacation  :winkguy:

Nah. Couldn't have been them, I think they are covering the area by foot and by boat after the renting the Malibu turned Mazda!

Lol. Good guys they are. Looking forward to catching up with them again at some point.

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on April 06, 2013, 01:04:19 PM

I was genuinely surprised by how hard your A6 pulled with all 4 of us in the car. Good stuff.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 11, 2013, 12:27:08 PM
I was genuinely surprised by how hard your A6 pulled with all 4 of us in the car. Good stuff.

I have Perma-Grin when I get some open road and can drive that thing properly.  The power is so accessible through such a wide range of RPM.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan