Tesla pics

Started by red_shift, April 06, 2013, 06:22:48 PM

red_shift

Quote from: Laconian on May 12, 2013, 02:49:41 PM
Is there still a milky glow coming from the dark web page?

No, not really, night mode means brightness goes down to 10% or 20% and that reduces the usual bleed-through on LCDs. The menus at top and bottom are static, so they are still visible.

I really wish the night mode would go all orange/red to reduce eye strain like in my BMW. May be there ill be a skin for that.
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

SJ_GTI

How is the screen at coping with Dayight (glare/fingerprints/etc...). When I had the rented Cadillac that was my main problem with the otherwise very pretty touch screen interface.

Raza

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 11, 2013, 04:02:14 PM
What is the single-giant-touchscreen system like after using it for awhile?

Smudgy. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

red_shift

Quote from: SJ_GTI on May 13, 2013, 08:03:45 AM
How is the screen at coping with Dayight (glare/fingerprints/etc...). When I had the rented Cadillac that was my main problem with the otherwise very pretty touch screen interface.

It's a magnet for fingerprints.

Simple fix though: fold a piece of cloth 3-4 times and wipe. Touch interface does not react, and the screen is clean in 3 seconds. I did it just yesterday, works so well, it's like magic. ;-)

There are also Matt finish screen protectors available which eliminate this problem.
Future is electric

SVT666

Quote from: red_shift on May 13, 2013, 08:28:50 AM
There are also Matt finish screen protectors available which eliminate this problem.
That should be standard.

Cookie Monster

D'oh! I just remembered this thread! I didn't realize you sent me a PM though since I didn't get any notifications like I usually do from other forums and didn't see it till today when I manually checked my pm box. Oops! :facepalm:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Cookie Monster

FWIW I just replied to your pm, red_shift. Sorry about that. :hammerhead:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Morris Minor

Tesla's having no problems at all with getting people into its share & debt offerings.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100746439
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

red_shift

Tesla to repay DOE loan next week. They are prepaying way earlier than the 10 year term of the L O A N ( not a subsidy, for those who seem to be ignorant of how loans actually work)

Even though the latest move by Tesla to raise additional cash should have brought the stock down vis a vis the dilution, funny thing happened... The stock actually went up!

This must make those who were posting hate messages very happy,  since their primary stated reason for hating Tesla was that they took the "damn gubment loan"? (While they blithely filled subsidy assisted gasoline in their gas burners)

I kid of course. They will probably never be happy about Tesla, since it is a "loser" as defined by the moron politician who lost the last election...

I am done here. I have enjoyed my years of involvement on this board for a long time. My company prototype will be rolling out next month. Hopefully I can make it. All the while, I enjoy my life and the superb motoring means afforded to me by Elon Musk's passion and perseverance. ( did you guys know he almost went bankrupt in 2010? pouring his personal fortune into Tesla and SpaceX?) anyways, what I want to say is, companies like Tesla and Apple make me want to believe we can do it. It's still possible.

While the product that I am developing is not ground breaking rocket science by any means, if it is a success, I will definitely parlay the returns not something I truly believe in, hopefully to make this planet a better place.

Good bye guys, it's been nice discussing with most of you on here.

Future is electric

Soup DeVille

Well, the loans will of course be seen as a subsidy, regardless.

Still, no amount of money can make up for a good product if there's no engineering behind it, and by that measure, the Tesla S seems to be a home run (so far), so I'm willing to leave it at that. Lots of companies have taken gubbimint loans and still gone bankrupt while producing crap products, and I'm happy to see Tesla rise above that (even if they DIDN'T hire me in 2005).
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

GoCougs

Of course government loans are subsidy. That popular discourse asserts otherwise is an example of how FUBAR the current socio-economic-politcal situation is in this country.

Lebowski

Quote from: red_shift on May 17, 2013, 11:17:06 PM

(While they blithely filled subsidy assisted gasoline in their gas burners)

:confused:

Are there a lot of tesla haters in Venezuela?  Gasoline in this country is not remotely subsidized, quite the contrary.

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on May 18, 2013, 11:07:18 AM

Are there a lot of tesla haters in Venezuela?  Gasoline in this country is not remotely subsidized, quite the contrary.

Yer forgettin' Middle East wars, Big Oil corporate welfare and crony regulation (e.g., BP Gulf blowout).

Catman

Tesla to repay DOE loan next week. They are prepaying way earlier than the 10 year term of the L O A N ( not a subsidy, for those who seem to be ignorant of how loans actually work)

Even though the latest move by Tesla to raise additional cash should have brought the stock down vis a vis the dilution, funny thing happened... The stock actually went up!

This must make those who were posting hate messages very happy,  since their primary stated reason for hating Tesla was that they took the "damn gubment loan"? (While they blithely filled subsidy assisted gasoline in their gas burners)

I kid of course. They will probably never be happy about Tesla, since it is a "loser" as defined by the moron politician who lost the last election...

I am done here. I have enjoyed my years of involvement on this board for a long time. My company prototype will be rolling out next month. Hopefully I can make it. All the while, I enjoy my life and the superb motoring means afforded to me by Elon Musk's passion and perseverance. ( did you guys know he almost went bankrupt in 2010? pouring his personal fortune into Tesla and SpaceX?) anyways, what I want to say is, companies like Tesla and Apple make me want to believe we can do it. It's still possible.

While the product that I am developing is not ground breaking rocket science by any means, if it is a success, I will definitely parlay the returns not something I truly believe in, hopefully to make this planet a better place.

LonghornTX

Enjoy your car, sad to see you go! Though, I do understand how annoying some on here can be. The trick is to just remember that you are probably just as annoying to them, so it kind of evens out haha.

BTW, I bought TSLA around $35...I love to see the short-sellers rush to cover their positions when news like their loan repayment comes out :)
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

GoCougs

I hope you guys realize that Tesla is "repaying" the government loans with more loans (bonds) and by selling "equity" (in an pseudo-profitable organization).

LonghornTX

Quote from: GoCougs on May 21, 2013, 05:22:25 PM
I hope you guys realize that Tesla is "repaying" the government loans with more loans (bonds) and by selling "equity" (in an pseudo-profitable organization).
A publicly listed corporation using the debt and equity markets? You don't say
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT666

Not sure why red_shift is leaving.  A lot of us like the car.  Madman hasn't left, and everybody hates his car.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on May 21, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Not sure why red_shift is leaving.  A lot of us like the car.  Madman hasn't left, and everybody hates his car.

He's irrationally insensitive to criticism of the company; that he (and others) feel they need to go on jihad IMO says a lot about the criticism...

But, I don't think it wasn't the criticism - he said his business is getting busier/too busy.

GoCougs

Quote from: LonghornTX on May 21, 2013, 09:55:36 PM
A publicly listed corporation using the debt and equity markets? You don't say

Making the "rush" of short sellers non-existent because of the debt/dilution swap repayment a non sequitor...

SJ_GTI

Quote from: GoCougs on May 21, 2013, 05:22:25 PM

Wait, you mean investors are using future profitability expectations instead of past profitability of a startup company?!? Alert CNN!! Alert CNBC!!!!!  :lol:

I have no idea whether Tesla will be successful or not (I think I would like an electric sport sedan personally, I am just not an early adopter of new technology for the most part) and I don't own the stock, but this is really not that different then when people invested in Google/Yahoo/Amazon etc... when they first came out and were losing money or barely breaking even. Its risky, but the payoffs can be enormous if the company is really as disruptive as some people expect. Its just business GoCougs!  :cheers:

Raza

No reason to leave just because of Cougs.  Just don't engage him and eventually he'll go back to making Randian soliloquies in his mirror like he did before the internet. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today's wire of almost half a billion dollars ($451.8M) repays the full loan facility with interest. Following this payment, Tesla will be the only American car company to have fully repaid the government.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Catman

Quote from: Laconian on May 22, 2013, 04:24:33 PM
PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today's wire of almost half a billion dollars ($451.8M) repays the full loan facility with interest. Following this payment, Tesla will be the only American car company to have fully repaid the government.

They borrowed money from China to pay off the DOE.

Lebowski

Quote from: Laconian on May 22, 2013, 04:24:33 PM

:huh: 

Ford didn't take a govt loan.

Catman

Quote from: Lebowski on May 22, 2013, 04:59:48 PM

Which is why they didn't repay the government, Eisenstein.

Secret Chimp

Ford got government assistance, it just wasn't done the same way as GM.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on May 22, 2013, 04:59:48 PM

Sure Ford did; under the same DOE program as Tesla - and more than 10x as much ($6B).

GoCougs

Quote from: Raza  on May 22, 2013, 08:29:42 AM
No reason to leave just because of Cougs.  Just don't engage him and eventually he'll go back to making Randian soliloquies in his mirror like he did before the internet. 

If he did leave because of me it just speaks further to the irrationality surrounding Tesla (a wave that will soon ebb IMO).

Lebowski